Status: Finished

Killing Joy

Daniella Chambless

I was still there with Dani and FTSK for the entire day, I didn’t know why I suited myself there although it’s hurting to see Dani and Caleb;s cutesy in front of my nose.

“So Nicky, do you want something to drink?” suddenly Dani asked when she got off from Caleb clinging body toward the nearest mini refrigerator.

“Errr.. anything” I replied

“Hmm..” she thought “Must be not beer or any rough beverages for preggo girl, is it?” and she let out a bottle of orange juice and poured it to a glass. She gave me the glass as I thanked her. She’s quite nice. She plopped down next to me while she sipped her beer. “So, how’s it like to be pregnant?” she started

“Uh? Well,” I bit my lower lip trying hard not to look at Caleb’s face because obviously Caleb was facing me. If only I took glance to Caleb, maybe I was going to cry. “It’s difficult, and hard to move your ass. But, you’ll find the motherly feeling toward the baby. You’d just turn loving the baby so much” I confessed as Daniella smiled wholeheartedly

“Glad to hear that. So, who’s the lucky daddy of it? Wait, is it a he or a she?” she looked excited asking everything about the kid.

“It’s a he. And the daddy…” I once again tried my hard not to look on Caleb “He’s off somewhere. He’s.. uhmm. I.. he’s in Baltimore” with that suddenly I pictured Zack on my mind.

“WAIT! BALTIMORE? Wait! You’re Jack’s sister. Is the dad one of All Time Low?” she giggled.

“Uhmm..”

“Dani, can you pass my beer there?” suddenly Caleb cut off and he walked toward Dani. He shoved himself next to her as Dani handed him the beer. I looked away from Dani, without any intention to see Caleb who happened to be next to her on the face. I bit my lip and got up from the couch.

“Uhm guys, I’m off from here. I just arrived and I got tired. Talk to you soon, kay?” I said to everyone

“Wait, where are you staying?” Dani looked like she wanted to invite me stay for a night. “You know, I’m the only girl here, it’s quite itching not to have some chick friend whenever I hang around with the boys. You can always be here, if you want to”

I forced to chuckle, “No thanks, I’m staying at Caleb’s.. Teresa… uhmm” I paused looking over to Caleb who already had sent his message through his eyes not to spill everything in front of her. “His mom and my mom are great friends, so Teresa invites us to stay in Turman’s house for awhile”

“Oh amazing! Sounds fun, okay then see you soon, Nicky” she said before she gave me a friendly hug and unintentionally hit my stomach a bit.

“Yeah. Nice to meet you, Dani. See you guys,” I said weakly and made my way out from the house. As I found the porch, I could see the sky was already growling. Uh oh, it’s going to be rain. I needed to be quick. I brought myself to the pavement and walked along the hood with quick steps.

“Nicky” someone called and he grabbed my wrist. It was the one and only Caleb Turman. He watched my eyes and shot a very awkward look at me.

“Hey, Cay” I said casually

“I’m…”

“Caleb, I need to get back to your house. It’s going to be rain” I said and snatched my arm from his grasp.

“Alright, I walk you there”

“You don’t need to” I stopped at my track “Dani would get worried about you”

“Nicky..”

“I can walk by myself”

“Nicky, I’m seriously sorry about—“

“Bye, Caleb..” I said walking away from him and didn’t want to cry in front of him. because I surely could burst out in tears whenever I saw his face.

“Nicky..” he walked beside me and held my hand. but I ignored him, fortunately, I had reached the Turman’s house in no time. I rushed toward the door with Caleb still followed me. “Nicky, we need to talk about this”

“I’m tired, Cay. I’ll just leave it to you” I said biting my lower lip harder as I was sure it’d go bleeding or something.

Caleb groaned and pulled me into him so he hugged me. “I’m sorry…”

“Stop blaming yourself, Caleb” I pushed away from him “I’m freaking tired! I just arrived from Baltimore and all I got was my freaking husband is cheating on me with another girl! I need a rest!” I cried and got into the house.

He still followed me. I found Teresa and my mom were chatting in the TV room, but without bothering them I made my way to the room that the servant girl had showed me before as my room. I got into my room and I lost the time, Caleb easily made his way into the room and locked the door.

“Nicky, we need to talk.. uh.. “ he stopped when he spotted me was already crying. I couldn’t hold back my urge to cry in front of him anymore. It was just hurting to see him was already in relationship with another girl that I barely knew. It’s like he already had forgotten everysingle words he had said to me that he really loved me. But in fact, he didn’t. If only he loved me, he wouldn’t be dating someone else. So this was the reason why he didn’t come back to Baltimore to check on me and the baby. It’s because he already had a new love.

“Just go away, Caleb” I said weakly and covering my watery eyes from him. I was hurt too much to see him.

“Nicky..” he said softly and stroked my head “I’m really sorry. Seriously. I was just uhmm.. You’re hurting me a lot, Nicky by rejecting me on and on. By the time I reached Dallas, I made myself moving on with Dani, well..”

“Caleb, I understand. Now, please.. leave me alone. I need to be alone” I sobbed.

Caleb sighed and swallowed hard. He looked me for the last time before heading out from the room helplessly.

After he shut the door, I continued to cry. I cried my lungs out and hid my face beneath the pillow.

XXX
♠ ♠ ♠
okay sorry if you feel that this is filler... hehhe.. i feel bad for nicky. who's hating caleb from now on?

and i feel like this chapter is a bit weird. isnt it??

dont forget to subscribe and comment.

this is my last day to update the story in due im having exams these 2 days. so i might be updating this on saturday or sunday. wish me luck, babies!! hehehe