Status: Finished

Killing Joy

Go with It or Leave It

Image

It’d been a week or more that me and my mom stayed in Caleb’s house. My mom and Teresa had a great time, Caleb did too but mostly he had time for his girlfriend. I think Dani was the right for him. She deserved him. Caleb didn’t lie that she’s friendly and nice. Plus she’s beautiful.

I got along with Dani whenever Caleb wasn’t around. We shared giggles and somehow she reminded me with Beth and Mich who were busy with themselves out nowhere.

It was no lie if I saw Caleb and Dani made a cute couple. They totally matched each other. And I couldn’t lie that my heart sunk deeper and deeper. My heart was crumpled way too much if I saw them together. I always wanted to cry.

Maybe my mind was right. My mind told me to leave them. Caleb and Dani would get together for real as the procedure of our divorcement was being declared. And with that me and Zack would get back together, and he promised to marry me. To be honest, I didn’t think I’d marry him.

Okay, maybe I’d be ended as a single parent. That’s my way to be.

“Mom?” I tapped her shoulder lightly and as a return she faced me with a genuine smile.

“Yes, my dear?”

“I’m bored as hell, can I go?”

“Go? Where? You’re preggo, baby. It’s not good for the baby’s health if you walk to much”

“I’m using the bus, that doesn’t make me walk by myself, mom”

“Bus? What do you mean? Where are you going?”

“Uhmm.. Austin? I feel like want to be there. You know, we have Aunt Maria there, maybe I could go there since we’re in Texas already”

“Austin? Dear, that’s far from here!” my mom squeaked “We can visit Aunt Maria later, dear. I don’t want you to go there by all alone”

“Mom, I’m not alone. I’m with the other passenger in that bus” I rolled my eyes

“It means alone, baby! You cannot go there”

“But mom, I’m bored here. You have a great time with Teresa here. And Caleb is up for his band, how about me? I want to go to Aunt Maria’s. She has got two little kids, and that’d be fun for me being there.. come on, mom. Just trust me, I’d be there safely. With my baby” I grinned begging at her.

“No, Nickins. I’m all worried about the baby. You cant go” what? My mom was so stubborn!

“Mom!” I protested

“I can go with her, mom” suddenly Caleb’s head appeared from the dining room door as he walked inside the room. Oh here goes nothing.

My eyes were widened, “No way. I can go with myself, Cay” I said to him

“I know, but I want to keep a company for you”

“You don’t have to” I scoffed “I’m fine with myself”

“But I’d be honored to go with you. That’s my kid too, I don’t want anything bad happened to.. uhmm.. her?”

“It’s a he, Cay” I muttered. He even didn’t know the sex of his baby. Or more like forgot.

“Right. Him. I don’t want anything bad happened to him” he repeated

I groaned. If I could say, ‘Just leave me alone with your girlfriend’ maybe he’d stop. But since there was my mom, and she couldn’t know that we both even had our ‘company’. She couldn’t know anything about Daniella.

“That’s lovely, Caleb” my mom smiled in awestruck way “If you still want to got to Austin, young lady. You shall go with Caleb. No Caleb, no Austin”

“Mom!” I whined

“It’d be okay, Nicky. Don’t be worry about me or Dani. I know you don’t want to ruin me and Dani so you chose to have yourself in Austin” he said in full confidence. What? He almost liked to make me laughed that time. He’s so proud of himself.

“Fine! Caleb will go with me to Austin! But.. I want to go to Austin this night!” I said. I knew Caleb wouldn’t be able to accompany me to Austin if I chose to have the night trip there. He needed to tell Dani first if he’d be going.

“This night? Nicky, that’s so sudden”

“Go with it or leave it” I snapped. My mom was about to encourage me but Caleb made good nodding his head slowly

“Okay. I’m going with you. This night” he responded ensuring me as if he totally agreed with it

My jaw was hung open. He really did want to do this? He’s so unexpected! I was expecting he would leave me alone to Austin. But in fact, he’s not.

“Okay..” I said emphasizing my word.

XXX
♠ ♠ ♠
fillerishhhhh,,,,,, but im trying to write the next chapter.. see you soon!