Worth Waiting For

Are You Ready For This?

February 13, 2011

“Hey, how did her doctor appointment go?” Joe asked as I walked back into the house with Lexi. He took Lexi from me and kissed her forehead.

“Fine… her regular checkup went well. She has a slight diaper rash though.”

“Aw, well that will be taken care of in no time. At the moment… I have a surprise for you.” he said, leading me into the dining room.

“A surprise? Whatever could it be?” I asked as he made me sit down at the table.

“Kev! Laur! Can you come down here?” he called up the stairs. They entered the dining room and he handed Lexi over to a smiling Lauren.

“Guys… what’s going on?”

“Well… the time has finally come.” Joe said.

“For…?”

“Your long awaited honeymoon.” Kevin said, smiling at me.

“You can’t be serious.”

“We are very serious.” Lauren said, bouncing Lexi up and down. Joe took an envelope from his pocket and put it on the table in front of me.

“Two plane tickets to Jamaica!” I exclaimed, jumping up from my seat. “Wait… what about Lexi?”

“Kevin and I will take care of her.”

“Yeah, don’t worry Mel. It’ll make great practice.” Kevin said as Lexi grabbed his finger.

“Okay… if you’re sure. When do we leave?”

“Tomorrow.” Joe said.

“Tomorrow?! And you’re just telling me now? Oh my God… I have to pack!” I shouted, running up the stairs.

“Hold on, I’ll help.” Lauren said, handing Lexi over to Kevin and dashing up the stairs behind me.

We went into my and Joe’s room and closed the door. She jumped up onto the bed while I pulled out my suitcase and started grabbing clothes.

“So… are you guys finally gonna do it?” she asked. I looked at her and she wagged her eyebrows.

“What?” I asked laughing.

“You know… have sex. You don’t do it here… at least not that I know of. If you do you are very quiet.” She said.

“Well we did it when you guys were gone on your honeymoon. But… I was pregnant so it wasn’t really enjoyable for either of us.”

“Mm, I see. Well… were you planning on using a condom? Or something? Because… I honestly think you should just risk it because… it will be so[/u[ much better.” She said, her eyes rolling back in her head and a smirk crossing her face.

“Okay… um… ew.” I said, laughing at her.

“What? I’m serious. You will love me so much more than you already do.”

“Alright… I’ll take your word for it.”

“Good,” she said, grinning. “So… you’ll tell me all about it right?

“Absolutely. That won’t be awkward at all.” I said, rolling my eyes at her.

****

February 14, 2011
Valentine’s Day


“Alright… you have the list of all the phone numbers?” I asked and Lauren and Kevin nodded their heads. “Her rash medication… extra money for diapers… you know where all her food is… all the formula making necessities…”

“Melissa, relax. We have everything.” Kevin said. “We’ll take good care of her.”

“Okay…” I said, taking Lexi from Lauren and just holding her to me. I looked down at her shining brown eyes and smiled. I kissed her forehead, letting my lips linger for a moment before I handed her to Joe. He took her and did the same and handed her back to Lauren.

“Alright Lyss, let’s go. We don’t want to miss our plane.” He said, leading me to the door. I turned so I could see Lexi’s face.

“I’ll call every day. Let me know if she does anything amazing.”

“We will. You just go and have fun.” Lauren said, winking at me.

“Don’t worry, we will!” Joe said, climbing into the car.

“Bye!” we called, waving out the windows.

****

“You really think Kevin and Lauren will be able to take care of her?” I asked, turning in my plane seat to face Joe.

“Honey, they have Lana there to make sure things go smoothly. She’ll be fine. Besides… it’s good practice for Kevin and Lauren for when they have kids.” He said, putting his hand on mine and rubbing his thumb across my skin.

“Okay… you’re right. She’s going to be fine. I’m going to relax,” I said, letting out a sigh and closing my eyes. I opened them again and turned to see Joe looking right at me, his brown eyes boring into mine. “And enjoy this vacation.”

“Sounds like a plan,” he said, giving me a kiss.

****

“This hotel is… amazing.” I said as I walked around our suite. “So what do you want to do first?”

“I want to spend some time with my wife.” He said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

“Okay… so are we going out to dinner or something?” I asked as he sat me down on the bed.

“Nope,” he said, kissing me on the lips. He laid me back on the bed and started kissing my neck. I succumbed at first and then slowly pushed him away and he groaned.

“Honey… not that I don’t… love this or anything but… it’s our first night of freedom. We should go out and have fun. We can do this… some other night.” He looked down at me and blew some air out of his mouth so his cheeks puffed out.

“No… you’re right. We should go… dancing… or something.” He said, turning and sitting next to me on the bed.

“Dancing?” I asked, raising my eyebrows at him and he nodded his head. “You and me?”

“Yupp,” he said, grinning. “I have something for you to wear. It’s in my suitcase.”

I stood up and walked over to Joe’s suitcase. I unzipped it and dug through his clothes before finding something that didn’t seem like him. I pulled it out and held it up. He bought me a beautiful purple dress. I looked over at him, my mouth hanging open and he just sat there and smiled.

“You bought me this dress?” I asked in shock.

“Yes ma’am I did… and all by myself too. No Lauren or mothers were there to help me.” He said, standing up and walking over to me. I put the dress back on his suitcase and wrapped my arms around his neck. I leaned in and gave him a kiss.

“Thank you,” I whispered.

“You’re welcome. Now come on, let’s get ready for the vacation of our lives.”

****

February 17, 2011
Honeymoon Day 3


“What are we doing today?” I asked as Joe set the tray of room service delivered food on the table in front of me. I was sitting out on the balcony of our suite, watching the waves roll onto the Jamaican shore while the warm breeze blew about.

“Guess,” he said, taking the seat across from me.

“Um… we’re swimming with dolphins today?” I asked, taking a bite of my apple.

“Nope,” he said, grabbing a pear.

“Snorkeling?”

“Guess again.”

“Horse-back riding along the beach?”

“Good one but no.”

“So, what are we doing?”

“We… are locking ourselves in our room and enjoying each other’s company. All day. No exceptions.”

“You’re serious about this.” I said, putting down my fork and staring at him.

“Absolutely, completely, totally serious.” He said. I sighed and looked out at the ocean.

“I guess I have no choice.” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Oh come on,” he said, “You know you want me.”

I did a wishy-washy thing with my hands and he threw a roll at me. I laughed and threw it right back… after breakfast Joe set the tray outside of our room and put out the Do Not Disturb sign. He then locked the door and closed the balcony doors, shutting the curtains as well. I sat on the bed, watching him meticulously. He walked over to me and pulled me up from the bed so I was right against his body and wrapped his hands around my waist.
“I love you,” he whispered, leaning down and capturing my lips with his. My hands moved from his shoulders down to his chest.

“Ditto,” I said as his lips moved to my neck.

I gave a slight moan and felt his lips curve into a smile as he continued kissing. I slipped my hands down his torso to the hem of his shirt and pulled it up his body. He stepped away and pulled it over his head and went back to kissing me. I walked backwards until my knees hit the bed and I sat down with him hovering over me. He pulled away and looked down at me, his brown eyes shimmering, both of us breathing heavily.

“Are you ready for this?” he whispered. I couldn’t speak… I locked eyes with him and nodded my head, reaching up for his lips. His hands slid under my shirt and lifted it up off of my body.

****

February 24, 2011
Heading Home


“It’s so good to be home.” I said, climbing out of the car, closing the door quietly behind me. It was two in the morning and Joe and I were just getting back from the airport. We grabbed our bags from the trunk and quietly went into the house, locking the door behind us.

“I agree,” he whispered. We quietly crept upstairs and walked into our room. Lauren and Kevin were passed out on the bed from staying up with Lexi. I peeked into her crib to see her sleeping peacefully and I smiled.

“Hi baby girl,” I whispered. Joe came next to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“My God… I had no idea how much I’d miss her. I never want to leave her again. Can we agree on that?” he asked.

“Of course. We’re never leaving her behind again. Come on, let’s go sleep in their room.” I said, taking his hand in mine. He laced our fingers together and we silently crept to Lauren and Kevin’s room and fell asleep in their bed, still in our regular clothes. There’s no place like home.
♠ ♠ ♠
There it is! The final chapter of WWF... I think it's pretty good, don't you?

Okay so, you're all probably freaking out at me right now for leaving it like that. There's no official happy ending?! What?! What about Lexi??? Well now's as good a time as any to give you all my BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here it is:

I have a third part to this story!!! All I can tell you right now is that it picks up about four and a half years in the future... November 2015. Lot's of things have happened between right here and then so lookout for the story summary which I will put up tomorrow night. This is going to be very epic. I can't wait for you all to read it. I'm very proud of what I have for it so far and I can't wait to continue writing! Just so you know... it's called Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Thank you so much to all of my readers and all your wonderful comments. Please leave me comments on what you thought of this chapter and what you think I might have in store for SOTR! I'm really excited to read comments. I'll be back tomorrow night! =] (Going up to camp today so I won't have internet but I'm definitely coming back tomorrow)

C/R/S

~Steph <3