Talking To The Wall

010: Truly, Madly, Deeply

Mikayla took slow deep breaths wondering about what exactly she was going to tell Ryder. She knew she had to tell him the truth but how she was going to present it confused her so. It was extremely difficult for her to find the words to do so, and she knew that if she had had a talk with Wallie before this she probably would have been more prepared and relaxed.

Ryder saw how nervous she was and offered her a cup of coffee which she graciously accepted, needing it badly. He walked over to the kitchen as Mikayla removed her sweater and took a small look around his apartment. It was extremely cozy and made Mikayla feel safe here. She felt like nothing could get her inside of his apartment especially with Ryder here. He soon came back with her cup of coffee and one of his own, taking the seat across from her in his small living room. Mikayla blew on it, took a sip, and then placed it down on the coffee table in front of her. Ryder did the same and then looked up at Mikayla to see her eyes drifting off, past him and into a world unknown.

She was lost in thought when she heard Ryder cough, bringing her back to reality. Mikayla took a deep breath and then began to speak.

"My dad...he's the head of a kind of Italian Mafia ring. Leo is part of a family that ours is very close with. I was brought up learning how to defend myself and what not with my father's hopes of me taking of the business with my brother one day. I honestly don't want to be apart of it, helping to sell guns, drugs, and money. I want to make an honest living but it's hard to convince my father other wise. That's why I have no friends, everyone is afraid to get close to the head of the Mafia's daughter. Many people in my family have gone to jail, including my father but they have their ways of getting out. Always. But me? I just want a normal life, away from these people." Ryder was amazed. This was something that he didn't expect; he just thought that she might've been some rich guy’s daughter but no. She was much more than that, a lot more than that.

Mikayla looked at Ryder hopeful, scared of what he would say. He was looking down into the coffee cup not once glancing up at her. Her heart began to race at the thought of losing Ryder so quickly, especially after they had kissed. Ryder then looked up at her with a straight face and this made her think the worst. Most of the time when someone had a serious face on it was to tell her bad news.

But Ryder didn't have bad news. He cracked a smile and got up to knee down in front of Mikayla.

"Listen to me; I don't care who your family is or anything. I care about who you are and how you feel. Mikayla, I-I really care about you, and I won't let something like this get in the way of this becoming something really beautiful." Mikayla melted at his words, bringing him into a hug.

Maybe for once in her life, someone won't be afraid of her. Someone will love her, for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, sorry that it's been sooo long. I promise I will start updating more! ^^