Talking To The Wall

006: Lunch Anyone?

...Okay so uh, everything is all set and ready, I have a nice lunch all prepared with a nice dessert you know, and uh...things should go well. As long as Danny doesn't scare away Ryder and stuff this should all go according to plan. As long as Danny doesn't try to kill him, it'll be ALL right...right? Please tell that it's going to be, because this is all just really crazy.

Just then her buzzer rang and she knew it must've been one of the guys. Her heart started beating faster and she glanced up at Wallie.

Wish me luck! Mikayla checked herself in the mirror and then answered the door to see it was her brother and greeted him with a hug.

"This guy here yet?" Mikayla rolled her eyes hearing her brother tone, taking his jacket and placing it in her closet, shaking her head.

"No, Danny. Please, be nice. I don't want to scare him away." Danny sighed and walked off to the kitchen when the door buzzed again and Mikayla let Ryder in and waited for him to get to her door.

"Hey!" She smiled and he hugged her tightly and followed her to the kitchen where Mikayla had a small table set up with plates and everything.

"Danny, this is Ryder. Ryder this is my older brother, Danny." Ryder outstretched his hand and Danny took it and shook his hand. He gave Ryder a good look up and down making Mikayla nervous.

"How'd you meet, Mickey?" Danny asked as they all sat down at the table and Mikayla began to serve them the lunch that she had made.

"Uh, well, I live next door. I bumped into her when she was coming home from work once." Ryder explained and thanked Mikayla as she put a plate of pasta in front of him.

"Oh, I see. Has Mickey told you anything about our family?" Mikayla glared at Danny and hit his arm as she handed him his plate.

"Danny, so early?" She questioned as Danny sighed and shrugged his shoulders. Ryder looked between the both of them and then at Mikayla who looked so despondent as she went to get herself a plate.

"Um, no. Why, is it important that I'm educated on your family?" Danny nodded his head as he took a bite out of his pasta and Mikyala sat next to him also nodding her head sadly.

"Oh. What should I know then?" Danny was surprised that this guy was so willing to help out Mikayla, he had never met anyone who was so willing to try and be with Mikayla, girl or boy. No matter how much they wanted to get into Mikayla's pants.

"Well you see, our father, Vincent Belushi, is a very well known man here in New York. Own a few casino's in Atlantic City and in Las Vegas, and a few Italian restaurants in the city. The party that is happening tomorrow night is at one of the restaurants Mickey's mother runs, to celebrate his birthday." Ryder was slightly shocked, his assumptions right, that Mikayla's family was wealthy but he really didn't have a problem with that. She seemed to not like that life anyways and was a very down to earth girl as odd as that sounded. Mikayla was truly nothing to worry about he didn't understand why she was so worried about herself.

"Oh, okay. That's not a problem, I don't know why you were so worried Mikayla. I'll go as your date and we'll have a good time, okay?" Danny was shocked, normally the first thing to chase away someone was the intimidation of the money. If not it meant the guy was a gold digger, but this guy didn't seem like one, he didn't even know the Belushi name. Mikayla was even shocked and hugged Ryder.

"Thanks. It means a lot to me." Ryder just smiled at her and nodded his head.

"No problem."

"I'm going to use the bathroom excuse me," Mikayla left for the bathroom and Danny eyed Ryder.

"You actually like my sister, don't you?" Ryder laughed and nodded his head.

"She's...something." Danny smiled wondering if this guy was going to love Mikayla for who she was and not get scared of her. His sister then came back into the room smiling and handed out dessert, the rest of lunch going smoothly, Danny and Ryder actually getting alone very well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!! <3