Attention, Attention.

I’ll Keep Singing This Lie.

Schedules were issued out, classes began. I was in all of Kylie’s, but only one of Mike’s. I found it harder to focus than it was last year. Maybe it was because I was in the second to last year. Second period was the worst. We had assigned seats and of course William Beckett had to be placed in front of me.

“Brennan, what’s the answer to question 4?” my teacher, Mr. Collins, snapped at me.
“Brown hair…” I muttered.
“No, I’m afraid not,” he said. I heard the room fill with snickers, and Will turned in his seat to face me. I felt myself glow bright red. “Lunch detention, Brennan. My room. I’m disappointed in you.”

Kylie caught me after school.

“What was up with that?” she asked me, twirling a strand of blonde hair in her hand.
“What was up with what?” I replied, confused.
“When you said brown hair or whatever,” she said.
“I was distracted,” I mumbled, flushing bright pink.
“Damn straight,” she said. “Oh, your distraction’s gonna be playing that place Mike’s band played a few weeks ago.”
“William’s gonna be playing tonight?” I blurted out.
“Yup,” she said, grinning. “Guess who’s going with Kylie.” I buried my head in my hands. She laughed, nodding. “So we’re going by your house and grabbing some clothes before we go to mine.”
“Fine,” I muttered, once we reached my house. I ran in, Kylie at my heels. She immediately dove into my closet.
“This…and um…these…and…ooh! This!” she squealed, emerging holding a plain blue t shirt and a black skirt. She shoved them into my arms with a pair of Etnies. “Let’s go!” She grabbed my arm and dragged me down the stairs to the house next door to mine, hers. I followed her up the steps to her bedroom. I sprawled myself on the bed as she got dressed. She had picked out a pair of holey jeans and a torn up Metallica tank top.
“Kay! Now we do your make up so Will falls head over heels for you if he hasn’t already!” she said excitedly, pulling me off the bed and towards her dresser, where she proceeded to put eyeliner under my eyes, and a dark blue eyeshadow on the lids. After I was completely dressed, I had to admit I didn’t look that bad.

The rest of the day passed slowly and uneventfully.

Finally, Kylie said it was time to go, so we piled into her car and she started it up. We made our way downtown, and I felt my knees shaking.
“Calm down,” I heard Kylie whisper, as we pulled up next to the club. Soon, we were inside and sitting on the floor beside the stage. And then there he was. He was standing at the side of the stage. For a few brief seconds, our eyes were locked on each other’s.
“Kellee!” I heard Kylie say, breaking my trance and making me look at her.
“What?” I asked.
“2 minutes!” she said. I smiled softly. They passed quicker than I thought they would. Soon, he was right there in front of us. He grabbed his guitar, and began playing.
“What do you need? How this waiting game is killing me…” he began to sing. My eyes fixed on him, my ears only hearing him. I only stopped looking at him to blink. The lights were back up too soon, and I could hear Kylie now.
“Mike’s gonna kill us,” she said, laughing.
“I don’t care…that was…” my voice trailed off.
“Hey,” I heard someone say, and William Beckett jumped off the stage and was standing next to us.
“Hi! The show was great, I loved it!” Kylie said.
“Thanks,” he said.
“It really was,” I whispered, and he looked at me and smiled. “You were fucking—”
“Will!” someone squealed, shoving me out of the way and running into him. He grinned, wrapping his arms around a girl with dark brown hair. I felt a tinge of jealousy, but I tried to mask it with a soft smile.
“Hey…I’m going to go, see you around…” I muttered, trudging out of the club and to Kylie’s car. I slumped into the backseat, trying to calm down.

I failed.

Tears were now spilling out of my eyes onto my bare legs. The door opened, and a shoulder was soon against mine.
“Are you okay?” I looked up, and my face was mere inches away from Will’s. He’s stalking me, I promise.
“Y-yeah, I’m…fine,” I murmured. His brown eyes met mine.
“You aren’t.” I tore my eyes away from him. His hand was on my cheek, gently forcing my eyes back. It was cold, but it made me feel warm. “I know you don’t know me well, but you can tell me anything.”
“I can’t.”
“You can.” He nodded. “I have to go back in, but I’m here anytime.” His hand was off my cheek, the door opened and closed.

I don’t think I’ve ever been so close to someone Iliked loved.

[A//N: When I get more comments and readers, I'll update <33]