Attention, Attention.

Speak now or forever hold your peace.

I pulled away. It’s not like I didn’t like him, it’s just…instinct.

He looked down.

“Sorry…” he muttered, getting up and walking back over to the window. When he got there he glanced at me. I pulled myself up, and made my way over to him. I hugged him tightly.

“It’s okay, it’s fine,” I whispered. I pressed my lips to his cheek, making sure he knew it was alright. His arms hugged my waist. “You’d better go, before my mom wakes up…I’ll help you.”

I pulled away, staring at his face, memorizing his features. His dark hair was disheveled, his brown eyes wide and expressionless. I opened my window, and he pulled himself up to the frame. His hand grasped mine as he slipped through. I placed a soft kiss on his forehead before he was out, and watched him as he made his escape.

Once he was out of sight, I collapsed onto my bed, squeezing my eyes shut and clutching a pillow.

Black.

I woke up shivering, bright sunlight seeping through my eyes. I squeezed one open, glancing around in search for the source of the icy drafts. I spotted it; the window was still open, letting in cold Libertyville air. I swung my legs out of bed and walked to the window. I reached it, bending my head out of it. Footprints in the snow caught my eyes.

Wait, what? Snow? I let out a high pitched squeal, slamming the window shut and grabbing a nearby pink hoodie and slipping a pair of boots on. I raced down the stairs, opening the front door without bothering to close it. The icy air that had been coming through my window bit at my cheeks, white flakes stood out on my hoodie. I grinned, picking up a small chunk of snow, ignoring the tingling in my fingers. I released it in the air before falling to the ground. My hand was red and numb, but I ignored it. I loved the snow, in case you haven’t realized that by now.

“Having fun?” I heard a voice call behind me. I glanced over my shoulder, immediately getting hit in the face with a patch of snow. I wiped it out of my eyes, seeing Will. He grinned.
“I hate you!” I yelled, bending down to scoop my own into my hands. I stood back up to throw it at him, only to have his arms around me. I pushed it into his face. When it melted, his cheeks were bright pink.
“Bitch, please,” he muttered, rolling his eyes. I giggled. He smirked. One arm snaked around my waist. I opened my mouth to say something, regretting it almost immediately. Cold snow was pushed into it, sending chills down my spine. I sputtered, spitting it out. I shot Will a death glare. “Will you be my best friend and ride unicorns with me and pick flowers and stuff with me?” His nose was scrunched up.
“Okay,” I laughed, seeing his dorky grin. His nose was still weird looking. Individual snowflakes hit his hair, bright as neon light compared to his hair.
“I’m cold!” I whined, faking a pout.
“Aw,” he said, tightening his embrace around my hips. He pressed his cheek to my forehead. “You’re my new favorite stuffed animal.”

[A//N: No more until I get feedback.]