The College Stalker

I GOTTA GO MY OWN WAY

‘I’m leaving today,
Cause I gotta do what’s best for me
You’ll be okay…’

We had just broken off. Me and Akash – the ideal couple had just broken up. I had broken up with my boyfriend of seventeen months. We had been fighting for one and half hours before coming to this conclusion. It just wasn’t working out anymore.
“If you can’t handle the relationship, then you should just go out of it.” Akash told me. “Aria, if you aren’t able to cope with this – just leave.”
“But we can work things I out,” I said secretly wishing he would leave me forever. At least peace would prevail in my mind for a change.
“C’mon – it’s enough.” Akash practically wailed from the other end of the line.
“Fine, then.” I said in a sorry voice. “I’m leaving.”
I hung up on him…suddenly feeling wonderfully free…too very free… All my enchainment had been removed. I felt like doing a jig. I was feeling so elated…so pleased with life.
My phone began to vibrate again. My heart sank as I realized Akash was the one who was calling me back. Almost wearily, I took his call.
“You really broke up with me?” he sniffed. “You didn’t even bother to give me a call.”
“We broke up, Akash.” I told him. “Nothing can be done anymore. Go off to sleep.”
“You broke up with me, you bitch!” thundered Akash “You see what I do to you. You’re life will become a Hell, you bloody whore.”
“Wha-?” I was too shocked to react.
The blood rushed to my head.
“Shut the fuck up, you bloody bastard. You bloody fucked up person – what the hell you gonna do?” I yelled back.
“Send proof to your parents about what has happened between us!” he warned me.
I was silent this time.
“You bloody bastard,” I muttered “You have gotten me into a fix and you just won’t let me be happy.”
“What did you say?” asked Akash.
“I’m sorry,” I told him “I’ll try to change myself.”
He was cleverer than me. He knew our relationship was such; I could never leave him from my own sweet will. I would have to wait for him to get tired of me. But he just wouldn’t get tired of me. Was I that good to him?
However, I could not reason with myself anymore when three days later we began quarreling again.
I was left with no choice but to break up with Akash. It was a sad, sad day for me. I wanted to go out and drink myself senseless.
But more inviting than that was to cut myself with a blade. While Akash begged me not to go over the phone, I injured myself multiple times on my left wrist. It was the only way to numb the pain I felt in my heart.
“I am going away, Akash.” I told him, firmly.
“Fuck you.” Those were his last words to me.
I knew instinctively that he would try to ruin my life as much as he could. At that moment I wasn’t too bothered. I couldn’t care less about my life…I was more interested in cutting myself. I was more interested to see myself bleed.

‘…so I gotta move on and be who I am,
I just don’t belong here,
I hope you understand…’
♠ ♠ ♠
Gotta go my own way is from High School Musical 2.
Another difficult chapter...but I got it right, right? XD