Status: THE WHOLE SERIES IS GOING UNDER A MASS RE-WRITE!!! KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE [B]MEMORY SERIES[/B]

Happily Never After Could Happen to Us

Maddie's Decision

Maddie

Leo seemed too distraught to function properly so I gently placed my had on his shoulder as I stared at this girl of his. She was beautiful, dirty, and she looked broken beyond belief, only she didn’t seem like she would admit it to herself. She had a defiant stance, but her eyes held worry and other mixed emotions that I couldn’t read. I knew this girl. I knew her almost as well as I knew myself. I was the girl at one point in my life, but Kegan, just like Leo, changed everything.

“Come on Leo, it’s time to go home. Bring your new girl if you want. Or she can stay here with Sophia the flying death machine,” I half hissed the latter towards the dark haired vampire. Regan sent be a death glare, but I simply ignored it.

Leo took a step towards the girl. She was quiet and unmoving, but he continued to step up the stairs until he was exactly five steps below her. “Would you like to come with me,” he asked nervously as he held out his hand to her. If he wasn’t half vampire his hand would be shaking with nerves so badly he would’ve scared the poor girl even more. She didn’t answer him, nor did she take his hand. She simply walked down the stairs and placed her electric blue eyes on me for a moment. I gave her a gentle smile, and she quickly turned her head away from me as if she didn’t want me to smile. Leo was beside her in the next moment, and that frightened her more than my smile, but she still stayed defiant.

“We had better be leaving now. I have business to attend to, not to mention that I have to make sure that a blood thirsty thousand year old new vampire doesn’t go on a rampage though the city,” I said half jokingly. Regan gave me an odd look, but I just shook my head. He couldn’t possibly know what was going on. No one could.

My mind was racing a mile a minute as Leo, the girl, and I walked down the street. I was too caught up in my own thoughts to realize that the girl hadn’t spoken or even given us her name. We walked in silence, and the only voice that I could hear was Zora’s telling me that I have to be willing to sacrifice everything in my life.

I had lost every thing so it wasn’t really a big deal. My human family hadn’t seen me in sixteen years, and neither had Kegan before a week ago. I couldn’t go another sixteen years without him and my kids. My beautiful wonderful kids; we had made it to the house and I ran towards the door quickly unlocking it as I heard the phone ring. I didn’t have time to answer it before the answering machine, so I decided just to listen.

“Kegan, and Maddie if you’re there, look don’t be mad at me. I did this for love, but I kidnapped Michael from a vampire auction and now we’re on the run. We’ve just made up our minds not to think about the place we’re headed, but we do have a place that we want to be. I can tell you that we’re leaving the country, but I have to go. Bye, I love you mom and dad,” Rosie’s voice whispered through the room.

My blood ran cold at the thought of my little girl not being with me any more. How could she run! We would have protected her. I looked at Leo as I stuffed my hand into my pocket. I felt the cold glass of the bottles of liquid and I knew then what I was going to do for sure.

“Leo, where do you keep the blood that you drink from those cups? I’m going to need enough for a new vampire very soon,” I asked out loud. The girl winced at the word vampire, and suddenly I felt bad for saying it.

“I’ll get it when we get home mom,” he answered.

“Make sure your father stay’s under that tarp for twenty-four hours, don’t let me eat any humans, he’s going to be rough at first,” I instructed.

“I will mom.”

“Good, we’re becoming new vampires together,” I half laughed as I picked up the pace we were going. I couldn’t help but to smile at my thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please?
no one commented on the last chapter,
and it makes me sad!