Status: THE WHOLE SERIES IS GOING UNDER A MASS RE-WRITE!!! KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE [B]MEMORY SERIES[/B]

Happily Never After Could Happen to Us

Kegan's Second Proposal

Kegan

The ten minute drive to the cemetery was silent, just like I guessed it would be. Maddie sat quietly in the middle, and Regan was jitterier sitting next to the window. The giant wolf in the backseat wasn’t helping the awkward silence much, and I was about to scream just when we finally made it to the dusty red dirt road that lead into the cemetery.

After a few moments of driving through the grave yard I finally spotted Remy’s silver Mustang. She had a pair of bug eyed sunglasses on, and she was wearing black, the color of morning. I noticed two roses in her hand. I assumed one was for her father, and of course the other was for her brother.

I parked the car beside a large oak tree as she began to walk towards us. I could tell she was crying underneath those glasses, but she would never let anyone else know she was feeling sad. Remy had to be strong because she had no one left.

“Kegan,” Remy sighed. Her voice was steady but her hands were shaking.

“Hello, Remy.”

“Did he suffer,” she asked worriedly. I sighed as I shook my head. “You always were a terrible liar,” she laughed. Maddie and Regan grabbed T.J out of the car, and her breathing staggered for a moment.

“He died trying to protect his people. We found the youngest Timbiriche,” I explained.

“You found the Cambridge family heir,” she questioned as she revealed her beautiful bright green eyes. I had to look away for a moment because they reminded me of T.J.

“No, my son found her through one of his odd visions. He stole her from Regan’s daughter,” I explained once again. Remy looked at me as if I was insane and I realized no one knew about Sophia except the family. “It’s a long story.”

“Why did this happen to him,” Remy sighed as she put her glasses back into place before stepping to the side to allow Regan and I to dig a grave.

“Because your brother was rash enough to attack something more powerful than him even if that something wasn’t properly train,” Regan answered absently. Remy took a deep breath.

“I am so sorry,” Maddie whispered as she walked to Remy’s side.

“Why are you even here? Didn’t you leave us all to take care of your kids while you were off being a stupid human,” she hissed at me.

“I,” Maddie started but she quickly closed her mouth. She looked towards the ground, and that was the first time I had ever seen Madeline give up.

“Remy, it was Maddie’s idea to even invite you here. I suggest you be nice,” I stated as I climbed out of the grave Regan and I had finished digging.

It took us all about an hour to bury T.J. With the crying, and the hating, there wasn’t really a faster way that we could have gotten the job done. It was finally over and Remy hadn’t said another word to Maddie. It was ridiculous because those two used to be friends. I sighed as Regan and I covered T.J’s body. Maddie sat silently in the car, and Remy had left.

“What are we going to do with Lydia, Kegan,” Regan asked sadly.

“She’s going to stay in her room, I think she would want that,” I answered honestly. Regan nodded.

“What are you going to do with Madeline then,” Regan asked more cautiously.

“I have to watch her closely. She can’t be alone and she can’t be allowed to go wherever Leo has gone.”

“What happened to Rosie,” Regan asked more to himself, but I was wondering the same thing.

“I think I have an idea, but tell me Regan, would a wedding be a good way to get the nations together,” I asked casually.

“Yeah I guess so.”

We piled the last of the dirt on the grave, and then we took Regan home. The silence was thick between Maddie and me as I debated on the question at hand. Should I risk my heart and put faith into her again, or should I just wait and see how long it was before she decided to pick up and leave me again.

I didn’t have time to think about that. I went quickly into the house, Maddie was on mu heels trying to figure out what was going through my mind, but she seemed so distracted. I wondered what was going through her mind, but I had no time. I managed to move the Lydia statue into Lydia’s room within an hour. Maddie had gone back outside, and I took a moment to sit with my sister.

“Lid, what do you think I should do,” I began to question. “Should I propose once again and prepare for heart ache, or should I ignore the question and still prepare?” Something in my heart told me that Lydia would have wanted me to be happy, and I think that it was because she was finally happy, even though she was breaking an ancient rule between two races.

I walked out into the yard, but I didn’t see Maddie. I took a deep breath of the sweet summer breeze that blew through the air, and I could tell by that one breath that she was near the lake. I took that as a sign as I hurried to find her. I had no idea what to say, but I was going to pour my heart out on my sleeve once again for this girl.

I ran towards the lake just as the sun started setting in the sky. The oranges, pinks, and purples cascaded around the beautiful water, and there in the middle of the shore line sat Madeline. Her face was glowing even though I could tell she was upset. I went to her.

I sat down beside her just like the first night I ever apologized to her, and the first time she had ever seen my cry. I laced my long pale fingers with her shorter more tanned fingers. Her deep blue eyes looked into my grey ones, and I realized I would be absolutely happy if the moment would have lasted forever.

“I love you,” I whispered into the wind. She nodded silently.

“I know,” she answered through a voice that sounded as if she had been crying.

“He loved you too, you know. And he was really happy with Lydia,” I confessed to her. She smiled.

“Please tell me they were together for a long time, and not just after I came back to you,” she whispered.

“They were,” I lied. She shook her head.

“I always knew you were a very terrible liar,” she shook her head.

“Madeline, you know you are the sun, the moon, the stars, and everything else to me in this world right,” I asked quietly. She nodded.

“Marry me, and I will make it alright for werewolves to be with vampires if they want. I will make it okay for our son to be happy, hell Maddie for you I will destroy the creature throne. We’ll become like a Halloween version of democracy,” I asked. Well it was more like begging to me, but all I wanted was for her to be with me.

“Kegan Fang Vaara, I thought you’d never ask that question again,” she started to cry. I stared at her for a moment.

“But is that a,” I trailed off as she threw her arms around me.

“Yes, I will marry you. I would have even if you didn’t turn your people into a democracy,” she cried. I smiled because I finally had her back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's sad then happy then sad again
alright but there is one more chapter (i lied
about the last chapter before) but there's one
more it's the Epilogue and the wedding I've
been dying to write. Here's to Maddie and Kegan!