Sequel: Day By Day
Status: Being Rewritten

Darkness Surrounding

Broken Down And Scared

3:51 PM

“Hey JaeLynn, I have someone that wants to talk to you.” Ryan said opening my door.
“Who and why?” I said not looking up from my drawing.
“Chip Coffey, he just wants to talk about your experiences.” He said.
“Fine.” I sighed and followed him. He led me outside to back porch swing. I saw man with short hair in his fifties maybe.
“I take it your JaeLynn?” He asked standing up to greet me. I nodded my head and took his hand.
“Sit down and let’s talk.” He offered as Ryan walked away. I sat and he started.
“I don’t like to repeat myself so let’s cut the crap and tell me what you already know.” I said. He seemed taken back but started speaking anyway.
“Everything you told Ryan. But there’s more to it.” He said. Looked at him confused.
“I believe that whatever is in this house is demonic. And you’re the one it centers itself around. Why?” He asked.
“I don’t know. You tell me.” I said biting my nails.
“The demonic love to prey on the weak. So it goes after you. You’ve been broken down and scared so much that it makes you an easy target.” He said.
“You and your dad have a secret. I can tell. The question is what is the secret?” He asked.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I denied it.
“Well I think you do.” He said folding his arms.
“Read my lips. There is no secret. We are not hiding anything.” I said and stomped away. I walked to my room and slammed the door shut. Then I heard a knock at the door.
“JaeLynn?” Ryan asked softly.
“Go. Away.” I said. I heard a sigh and footsteps retreat. This was just too much to handle. I felt like there was screaming in my head. My head just kept pounding and it wouldn’t stop. All of a sudden a small vase holding a fake rose fell off my desk. I gasped and sat there for a second. I quickly got up and started picking up the broken glass, hoping no one else heard it. But I realized I had no such luck as my door opened.

“What happened?” Ryan asked.
“Nothing just knocked over my vase.” I said not making eye contact.
“You sure?” he asked not believing me.
“Yeah.” I said.
“Alright well when your done there’s dinner on the table.” He said as he approached the door.
“Not hungry.” I mumbled and walked into my bathroom and shut the door.