Sequel: Day By Day
Status: Being Rewritten

Darkness Surrounding

Girl Talk

~Ryan’s P.O.V.~

I couldn’t help but sigh when she walked away yet again. This girl was just so frustrating. And so was her father. They were both just so damn stubborn. One way or another I was going get through to JaeLynn.

“Where’s JaeLynn?” Sergey asked as I walked into the kitchen.
“Locked herself up in the bathroom.” I said and sat down.
“So what happened?” Katrina asked.
“I don’t know she said she knocked over her vase.” I said.
“You believe her?” Heather asked.
“No.” I said.
“Well why would she lie about something like that?” Sergey asked.
“I don’t know. Something just feels off. It’s like she’s trying to cover something up. But I don’t know what.” I explained.
“Well maybe someone’s should try talking to her.” Serge suggested.
“I can talk to her.” Katrina offered.
“Alright. Good luck getting her out of that bathroom.” I laughed.
“It saddens me on how little faith you have in me.” She said with a smirk and walked away. There was no way that she could do what I couldn’t.

~Katrina’s P.O.V.~
As I walked to JaeLynn’s room I had a confidence in me. Ever since I had started taking psychology I had become so much better with kids. I was able to get them to trust me. Which is what I planned to do with JaeLynn.
“JaeLynn, you in there?” I asked after knocking.
“Go away.” She said softly.
“Can we just talk, please?” I asked nicely.
“I don’t want to.” She said.
“Well then how about you just listen? Is that ok?” I asked.
“Fine.” She sighed.
“Chip only wants to help. He didn’t mean to upset you.” I said.
“But he still did.” She said softly.
“You know when I was a little girl I had some scary experiences.” I said.
“Really?” She asked. Now I was getting somewhere.
“Yeah. When I was your age things started happening in my house. Kind of like here, things would break and doors would open and shut on there own. I was scared just like you are. But you know what? I didn’t have anyone to help me. But you do. Chip can help you, if you let him. You’re a very lucky girl.” I said.
“But he keeps prying into my life. I don’t like that.” She said.
“How was he prying?” I asked.
“He kept saying that my family has a secret.” She said.
“And did that bother you?” I asked.
“Yeah.” She said.
“Why do you think it bothered you so much?” I asked.
“I don’t know.” She sighed and opened the door. We sat on her bed after I closed the door.
“Do you think maybe it’s because there’s something your keeping inside. Maybe something that you should tell someone?” I asked as she bit her nail. She looked up at me and I could tell she was debating telling me something.
“A couple weeks ago-” She began but stopped.
“Yeah?” I asked.
“I got locked in the bathroom and-” She stopped again.
“Who locked you in the bathroom?” I asked. She looked down at her lap.
“Do you know who locked you in the bathroom?” I asked. She nodded her head yes.
“Was it the ghost?” I asked. She shook her head no.
“Was it your dad?’ I asked. She ignored my question.
“When I was locked in their it-” She broken down and cried.
“It what? The ghost?” I asked. She shook her head yes.
“What did it do?” I asked as I held her chin up so she would look at me.
“It shoved me in the bathtub-” she cried.
“Did it try to drown you?” I asked. She shook her head no.
“It tried to rape me.” She cried. I held her as she cried and told her it would be ok. But I didn’t really know if it would. I was scared for her.