I Only Think Of You Always And Forever

Chapter Twelve

I found was Cam bottle feeding Crim and watching the news. I felt the need to take a picture at the same time I wanted to snatch my baby from his arms so I could punch Cam in the face. I reminded myself not to do that because I needed to try to see him more as my only sibling and not my enemy. That he was the key to my past. Even though I knew so little about it. I wanted to sit down cross legged on the floor and listen to the stories of my childhood I could no longer remember. There were some I did remember, but where they actually true.
"Cam?" I asked quietly. He looked up and turned off the news.
"What's wrong, Kelsey?" He ask about to stand up. I motioned for him to sit and I also took a seat.
"How old was I when I met Trace? Where was I when I did?" I asked I knew he knew the answer.
"You where seven, I was nine. We where backstage at his dad's concert for your birthday. You used to be a big fan of Billy Ray. He gave you a special tour of the backstage just because it was your birthday. It was in Tennessee. He had his family backstage because he was close to home they were visiting. He left to perform and mom, you, and I watched from the side. Miley was excited that there was someone for her to play with. She pulled you around like a doll. You tried to resist, but not with words because you still didn't like to talk much. Trace ran into Miley and you in the hall and separated Miley from you. I remember you saying when we got home that night that you met the prettiest eyes in the world." He smiled at me.
"But what happened when Trace separated Miley from me didn't he say something?"
"I was just watching, I couldn't hear anything you guys where saying. That's something you would have to ask Trace."
"When did Trace move into our neighborhood then? Tell me that story."
"Well you were fifteen and not sure of anything really. I recall Adrian and her sisters making you dress like a girl instead of your tomboy look you had. You had purple streaks in your hair and mom made us go meet our new neighbors. You begged me to let you skate board there, but I knew you were grounded from it. So we walked. You where a bit un-comfortable because you were wearing a dress."
"Knee length, purple, white ribbon around the top, tube dress and she was also wearing black flip flops. Plus several bracelets made out of string, assorted colors." Trace's voice came from our bedroom. Wow, he could remember all that.
"Precisely! We walked closer to the house and you kept on playing with the hem on your dress. I thought I was going to have to hold on to your arm or you were going to run off. I remembered ringing the door bell then watching you hide behind me when the door opened to reveal a teenager about seventeen who looked like he was put in a medieval stretcher. He had light brown hair it was most likely blonde be for. You stood on your toes to look over my shoulder to see him. He-"
"She kept starring at my eyes like-" I cut off Trace as he sat and put his arm around me.
"They were the sky slightly covered in almost translucent clouds." I whispered under my breath.
"Exactly, what you told me on our first date." Trace's voice was quiet.
"How long were you two dating behind my back?" Cam asked.
"Finish the story first." I commanded.
"I said Hey I'm Cam. This is my little sister. I pulled you out from behind me."
"I held my hand out politely so Cam could shake it, but you took it. You whispered, 'Kelsey.' and let out a tiny giggle. I chuckled at you and said 'I'm Trace.' We stood there for a couple of seconds just staring at each other and holding hands before Brandi came out. She looked at Kelsey and I and said, 'You already have a girlfriend or is she just-' I let go of your hand and you burned bright red."
"So now, for my answers. Trace will you please give me some information here." Trace sighed and started.
"We started dating when I was eighteen. After I had already dropped out and made my band. I remember sitting around with Mason when we were writing songs. I started strumming out what is now the chorus to Kelsey. Mason had asked me about it I said, 'It's about this girl who I really like.' He of course wanted to know if I had words for the song. I showed him the parts I had which were:
I'll swim the ocean for you
The ocean for you, whoa oh ______
I'll swim the ocean for you
The ocean for you, whoa oh ______
For you darling, and
So let me say that I love you
you're all I ever wanted
you're all I ever dreamed of to come
and yes you did come
I want you so bad
Can you feel it too?
You know I'm so
I'm so in love with you
I want you so much
I need you so much
I need you I need you
your touch, then
and you'll never ever let me in
I had left out your name. He asked about the blanks. I replied, 'Her name belongs there, Kelsey.' That's how the song was born. By that time Kelsey and I had become friends sort of the awkward kind I think we were unsure if the other liked us. By the time the song had been on the radio not even Mason could stay in a room with both of us cause it was too awkward. One day he came up to me and said, 'Damn Trace, if you don't ask that Kelsey out. I think I might. She needs someone to do something to her."
"No way!" I screeched. "He had almost the same conversation with me. 'Kelsey, Trace is in love with you almost obsessive. If you don't get him in bed soon I think he'll give up and date one of your triplet friends.' I swear he said that!"
"He told you straight off to have sex with me! Why didn't I get that offer? Also I don't believe I would date one of those triplets if-"
"One of those triplets is my girlfriend for your information." Cam cut him off. "Kels, you should get ready for dinner. Then after that you can be charmed with Trace's story of your physical relationship." I stuck my tongue out at him and went to take a shower. I paused half way there.
"What kind of place are we going to?" I asked.
"Dress semi-formal like a nice shirt and a skirt or something like the day you couldn't let go of Trace's hand." I then ran to the bath room and showered. Then dressed in probably the same exact knee length, purple, white ribbon around the top, tube dress. Instead of black flip flops I wore black and purple boarding shoes. I had straightened my hair and pulled it up in to a pony tail. I put silver studs in the four holes in my ears, the bottom two of my lip piercing, and put silver rings in my nose piercing and eye brow piercing. I kept a flat clear one in my top lip piercing. It felt nice, to just to go out and do something with my family. Well, most of it I guess. Mom and Dad have been distant lately. I wish I knew why.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still at Maggie's. Thank you so much for reading. I'm so sorry I can't update a bagillion times a week.
<3 Kelsey