I Only Think Of You Always And Forever

Chapter Sixteen

I woke to Crimson's cries noticing I was alone in bed. I smiled to myself. "I love you, Trace!" I yelled to him. Usually he wasn’t the one to get up and see what was wrong with Crimson. I pulled one of the sheets up around me and walked across the hall to Crim's room. "I love you too, Kelsey." He replied. "Nice outfit."
"Are you making fun of me?"
"Yes, yes I am." he laughed putting Crimson, asleep, back in his crib.
"Whatever, I'm going to take a shower."
“Oh a shower I want to join.” I remembered this conversation the last time we had it.
“Sorry mom’s home.” I replied, the same as last time.
“No she’s not! Your mom is in California.”
“Dang I can’t get out of it this time can I.”
“Nope.”
“Aw man and I was hoping.” I started to walk toward the door. Trace followed smiling. I opened the door and quickly ran out shutting it in Trace’s face. Then running as fast as I could to the bathroom. I locked the door behind me. Laughing at Trace and turning on the shower.
“Come on Kelsey I thought you loved me.” He whined. I stepped toward the door. I dropped the sheet and got in the shower. I sang to Trace as I washed my hair.
“Swim the ocean for me. The ocean for me. I’ll never ever let you in, let you in.” I heard a click and watched the door open.
“Then I’ll let myself in.” He laughed. I laughed back at him turning off the water. “What?”
“I’m done.” I grabbed a towel and got out.
“Your mean to me.”
“I’m sorry.” I kissed his cheek.
“No you’re not.” He replied. “You hate me.”
“I do not hate you.”
“Yes you do.”
“No I don’t, Trace. Stop making me feel bad.”
“No cause you hate me.”
“Trace, I love you.”
“Then why do you make me suffer.”
“From what? Lack of seeing me in the shower.”
“Yes.”
“You really think I’m going to take a shower with you?” He made a face that made him look almost innocent looking. I sighed and shook my head no. Then he picked me up and set me outside.
“I’m taking a shower by myself then.” He pouted.
“Fine then.” He pulled me back into his arms.
“You love me!”
“I meant fine as in your going to be a big boy and take your own shower.” He gave me a fake sneer and pushed me out of the bathroom. He shut the door and I walked into our room to my dresser and put clothes on. I threw the towel in the laundry basket and walked back towards the bathroom. I opened the door. Trace made a face at me. “Hey if you wanted me to stay out then you would have locked the door.” I took out the blow dryer and plugged it in and started doing my hair. He got out and I threw a towel at him. He wrapped it around him. He hugged me. “Hey your wet that’s not nice.”
“Well you weren’t nice to me.” I pointed the blow dryer into his face.
“I’m going down to the basement, they already filled my spot down there.” He let go of me. I quickly kissed him. “Hurry and you can come too.” I heard Crim started crying. “He’s coming too.” I walked out of the bathroom and into Crimson’s room. I picked him up and put a pacifier into his mouth. “It’s okay, mommy’s here.” I changed his diaper and [url=]clothes[/url]. I walked out of his room with his bag and him and into the living room Trace was waiting there for us with the door open. I walked out. “Thank you, m’ dear.”
“Welcome.” We made our way to the black door. Trace knocked hard. We heard footsteps coming up the stairs. The door opened to reveal Peaty.
“Hey guys! Come on down.” She walked to the stairs and yelled, “Yo everyone Kelsey, Trace, and Crimson are here.” We followed her down the stairs. I looked around the room. In the corner where I slept a few months ago where all new things that replaced where mine where then. Tory came out from the hall leading to the kitchen, Lilly following behind her. Kay-lee looked up from a magazine she was reading. Her fake plastic kid sitting next to her crying. She slapped it and then got up from her sister’s bed. I noticed her kid’s left arm was being held on by duct tape. I smiled at that.
“Hey Crimson!” Kay-lee smiled. “What brings you all here today?”
“I thought you said you had a new room mate. Where’s Kara?” I asked.
“We do. Kara’s in the bathroom with Mason. They are busy.” Peaty answered. I laughed glad Kara and Mason FINALLY got together.
“Kara Marie!” I yelled. One, Two, Three, Four.
“Kelsey Lynn!” She responded. I heard some scrambling and then the bathroom door opened. Kara ran at me engulfing me in a hug. I glared at Mason jokingly. He gave me a look.
“Kara you’ve been cheating on me!”
“I’m so sorry I was going to tell you.”
“Well I was cheating on you too, so it’s okay.”
“You were cheating on me?”
“I’m sorry!”
“So we’ve decided not to cheat now?”
“I won’t cheat on you, Kara.”
“I won’t cheat on you either, Kelsey.”
“So where’s the room mate?”
“HARLEY!” Kara yelled louder than was needed in this little room. The tiny hall to the kitchen’s door opened.
“What Kara?” The girl asked looking up. I couldn’t believe it the waitress was here. “Kelsey?”
“Okay I don’t really know who you are, but you’re starting to creep me out. How do you know me and my brother?” I waited for the girl to answer.
“My dad told me about you. You’re my half sister. Your mom’s Karen Bane, that my mom. My dad told me I never would get to meet you because mom made sure you where never close enough within our reach.”
“So you’re saying you are my sister. What’s your last name?”
“Carter, but it’s my dad’s last name.”
“How old are you?”
“Sixteen.”
“So that would mean you where born when I was two.”
“So your eighteen. Typical and who is this?” She was looking at the child resting in my arms watching a overhead fan go in circles.
“Um, this is Crimson.”
“Babysitting?”
“Ah, no Harley. Crimson is your half-nephew.”
“Aw who’s the father?”
“Kara.” Kara and I laughed. Trace sneered.
“I’m the father,” Trace corrected me. I stuck my tongue out at him He flicked me off smiling. I winked at him.
“Oh cool. What’s his name again?” Harley asked.
“Crimson Sage Cyrus.” I replied. Crim lazily yawned and blinked several times. “He was born February twenty-eighth.”
“He’s really-”
“Small for his age, yeah he wasn’t supposed to be born until May.”
“Three months early.”
“Caused by a brain tumor I had in the early stages.”
“I’m sorry about that.”
“It wasn’t your fault. I deserved it.”
“How can you even say that?” Trace scolded. I sat on one of the beds.
“I haven’t worked a day in my life, I’ve gotten my way all my life.”
“That doesn’t matter. Paris Hilton never blamed anything on herself.”
“I’m not Paris Hilton. I will never be, but my life has been pretty much everything I wanted it to be. I’m with the love of my life, my soul mate. I have a awesome family. The greatest friends anyone can ask for. So it serves me right to get ran over by a car when I was nine,-”
“That wasn’t when you were nine. You were fifteen.” Trace corrected.
“Whatever, breaking my leg in three places , a fork through my hand, the cut up my arm, getting ran over by a car again, ran over by a stretcher, snapping the bone in my arm, and other brakeage of appendages. I mean I should be the spokesperson for broken bones and stitches.” Harley hugged me.
“It’s okay.” This is awkward and slightly disturbing. I guess she’s my sister though so… Whatever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I think two more chapters and them SEQUEL, It Feels Just Like We're Losing Control.
<3 Kelsey