Bite Me

That's My Date

We went downstairs and I talked with Pete’s mom for a bit while he drank his blood she went out and got for him and I ate her breakfast she made me. I think she was trying to fatten me up. It wasn’t a bad thing.
After I thanked her for the breakfast Pete and I headed back upstairs to get ready for tonight. We both showered and wore something cool and casual. I refused to give back Pete’s hoodie however because it smelt like him. He tried to tickle me over it but I won this time.
Jon arrived around eight and picked us up. I was glad to see him in a better mood. Apparently his girlfriend came back to town this morning and well he had a lot of fun by the way he was rambling on. Pete asked him why he didn’t bring her and Jon said she didn’t feel well.
The dinner we had was awesome. Pete took me to a simple diner he used to love to eat at. He did steal a French fry off my plate but he sat it back down.
“Pete I am so happy right now.” I said after Pete had paid the waitress.
“I am glad.” He said helping me out of the booth we sat in.
I was so excited. Our date was going so smoothly. I couldn’t wait to tell Erelin about it when I came home. Now I didn’t have to be a little jealous of her and Brendon.
We arrived at the club and it was smaller than the ones in L.A. but it still had an upstairs and a big dance floor. I wanted to explore. I also wanted to make out with Pete.
“Hey, boys I am going to go upstairs and explore. Maybe do a little stake out for vamps.” I said kissing Pete.
“This is an off day, remember?” He said kissing me back. “But go have fun. I am going to talk to the DJ.” Pete said letting me go.
“Yeah, I will be just, um right here.” Jon said grabbing a drink from the bar.
“Ok.” I said taking off. I walked upstairs to see a very small bar area and a balcony overlooking the floor. I saw Pete talking to his friend I guess it was. The music was hot and I was ready to get down dancing with my funky bad self.
After I scoped out the place to find Pete the only vampire there, I wandered back downstairs and found Jon. He didn’t know I was standing behind him until I tapped him. He jumped.
“Are you alright?” I asked laughing at how skittish Jon was.
“Um, yeah.” He said.
“I am going to find Pete.” I said.
“I wouldn’t do that.” Jon said stepping in front of me.
“Why not?” I asked. “Is something wrong?” I asked pushing Jon out of the way.
What I found and saw was Pete locking lips with his ex Jeanae. My heart sank. I just stood there for a second.
“It’s probably not what it looks like.” Jon said grabbing my arm.
“The hell it isn’t!” I said mad. “Let go of my arm, Jon.” I said with him letting me go. I marched right over there to where Pete and Jeanae were standing. I wasn’t a fool. I knew about her from what Brendon and Erelin had told me. It was something Pete never told me because as he told me it was in the past. But Brendon told me she broke his heart right before Pete got turned.
“Excuse me!” I said breaking up their little chat. “It’s over, Pete!” I said turning to walk away.
“Wait, it’s not what you think.” Pete said grabbing my arm.
“Really? You could have fooled me.” I said shrugging him off of me and running out of the club as fast as I could. I ran down the street as far as I could before stopping to catch my breath.
Then a bad feeling came over me. Why does trouble always seem to find me? I turned around to see seven vampires dressed like Dandies.
“Ah, slayer, good we found you. Your destiny awaits you.” The leader I took it said.
“So, Beckett sent you guys after me did he?” I responded grabbing a stake out of my back pocket.
“Beckett is a fool. We don’t work for him.” The vampire said.
“You could have fooled me.” I replied.
“We need you alive. Get her!” The vampire said charging after me.
I was so confused as to who these guys belonged to. If not Beckett then who? They dressed like him though.
I fought as hard as I could. I was outnumbered but it was my job to fight. I wasn’t running. Pete and Jon finally caught up but by that time it was too late.
I was fighting the leader and he was way stronger than me or Beckett. I fell and he grabbed me and held me by the neck. I was starting not to breathe. Pete caught the vampire off guard who ended up throwing me against a car. I hit my head through the glass windshield and everything started to fade. “Why do I always get knocked out?” I asked myself as I slipped into unconsciousness I so desperately tried to fight.