Bite Me

Dreams Can Be Funny Things

I dreamed I was back at prom all over again. I had killed several vampires and turned around to see Nick walking towards me to help fight them off. My jaw dropped.
“Move!” He said staking a vampire that almost attacked me.
Nick threw me a stake and I went to town kicking vampires down and staking them. I didn’t ask questions because my adrenaline was pumping. When it was all over I looked around to see lots of dust and several classmates I couldn’t save laying on the ground.
I turned to see Nick standing behind me. I walked over to him and dropped my stake I had in my hand. I had some cuts and bruises on me.
“Nick, is it really you?” I asked falling into his arms.
“Yes.” He said.
“I knew you weren’t dead. I told them you were still alive. I knew you would come back to me.” I said not caring or focusing on anything that had just happened.
“Dance with me?” He asked.
We slow danced and I had my head on his shoulder. I felt safe and protected in this moment. I had my Nick back.
When he stopped he pulled me closer, whispering in my ear. He told me he loved me with all his heart. I told him I loved him with mine.
Nick then kissed me on the lips. I heard people yelling outside the blocked ballroom doors. I looked in Nick’s eyes and saw something change in them. He turned his head to my neck gently kissing it before biting me. I felt dizzy and pulled away grabbing my neck.
I looked at Nick and asked, “Why?”
“Amanda, I love you and always will. This is to protect you and keep you safe. You will not remember any of this. You won’t remember me being here.” He said kissing me then making me fall unconscious and laying me gently on the floor.
My dream then shifted on to Pete. I saw him looking for me. I wanted to call to him but was afraid to. He finally found me and we both just stared at each other.
Pete grabbed my hand and he made my body completely ache for him. His touch was so different than Nick’s. We walked to the ledge where Pete left me that one day Beckett had found me. We didn’t speak just gaze at each other. I realized he drove me crazy.
He leaned in to kiss me but I pulled away for I saw Beckett charge after Pete. I pushed Pete out of the way and was pushed over the ledge by Beckett. I grabbed a branch as I went over hanging on to it for dear life. I looked down to see nothing but a big void.
Then I heard Pete yell my name and saw his face appear as he started to hang over the ledge to reach for me. I was screaming for him to help me. I was scared.
“Give me your hand.” He said reaching for me.
“I can’t.” I said.
“You can. You are a fighter. And you love me. I know you do. You can do this. Do this for us.” Pete said.
“Pete I am slipping.” I said trying to reach for him with one hand and holding on to the branch with the other.
“Come on you are a fighter.” He kept repeating.
I reached up one more time to grab his hand and be pulled up over the ledge. He held me and I smiled. Then I felt myself fading out of my dream. I was waking up.