Bite Me

New Enemy?

We arrived where Mike wanted me to be at. I rushed out of the car before anyone could stop me. Pete darted out after me but I stopped not far from Mike. I quickly checked my surroundings to look for more vampires. I could feel them lurking, hiding, but I couldn’t see them. Pete made it behind me, the other boys checking out for more vampires as well.

“Amanda.” Pete said with concern in his eyes.

“Do you trust me?” I said as I looked over at Pete. “Ok let’s just say I can handle this now. There are more vamps. I feel them but I can’t see them so just be careful.” I added.

“I can handle them it’s you I’m worried about.” He said looking at Mike.

“Well now, what a surprise. I knew you would be here to keep her from me.” Mike said. “If it’s a fight you want come and get me but you’ll have to get through my guys first.” He added. Then about ten Dandies showed up coming out of their hiding spots.

“No, that won’t be necessary. It’s me you want and here I am no strings.” I said.

“Well then come here.” He said signaling me to come.

It was strange. I didn’t feel controlled anymore. My mind was on Pete. And I had a plan up my sleeve. I was going to finish what Mike started. I was going to kill Mike myself using that handy dandy stake Pete gave me. So I was going to play his game and act like he was controlling me.

Mike grabbed me and I looked over at Pete. All I could do was give him a reassuring look and place one hand on my back pocket. I can do this.

“Now that you will be mine, my friends can attack now!” Mike said. And the Dandies went after the guys. “I was waiting for this all day.” He said moving my neck and pushing my hair back off the left side. Then he started to show me his fangs. I prepared the stake in my right hand.

I knew Pete was dying inside. I could tell how nervous he was beside me. But he was also fighting off the Dandies now so I had to carry out my plan alone. Here goes I told myself. “You know what I changed my mind.” I said as he was going for my neck.

All of a sudden I pushed him from me and he went to grab me but I knocked him down to the ground. He ended up pulling me down too but I staked him right in the heart. He turned into a pile of dust right in front of my eyes. Then I saw Patrick was having a little trouble and threw my stake like I did the daggers, into the back of this trashy girl vampire who came out of no where. He nodded at me and proceeded to the next vampire attacking Joe.

There was only like three vampires left when we all regrouped.

“Nice job.” Pete said smiling at me.

“Thanks.” I said standing beside him. “I told you I could do it.” I added.

“I saw you help Patrick. I liked that. Getting cocky are we?” Pete said.

Just then another vampire appeared, a Dandy. He looked like a leader but his vibes were coming off differently. Was my radar on the fritz?

“A friend of yours?” I asked Pete.

“Well now isn’t this interesting Pete. You brought a girl to help you fight. Where did you find her?” New vampire guy asked.

“Brendon, I should have known. Where’s Beckett?” Pete asked.

I looked behind and Patrick, Andy, and Joe had taken care of the last remaining vampires. Good I thought. But I was afraid Pete was going to attack this Brendon vampire. I wasn’t really sure but I felt he was good. Was he playing both sides?

“Oh you know I am the clean up crew. I have to do all his dirty work like get rid of you!” Brendon said coming after Pete.

I had better do something because I knew what Pete was capable of and if Brendon was good I couldn’t let Pete kill him. So I jumped in between them. I pushed Pete and Brendon away from each other.

“What are you doing?” Pete said all growly faced at me with fangs showing.

“Wait, he’s good.” I said.

“Oh Pete, I like her. She thinks I’m one of you guys. How naïve of you.” Brendon said.

“I can’t explain it but you can’t hurt him Pete.” I said seeing Patrick, Joe, and Andy all look at me like I was crazy.

“Get out of my way, Amanda.” Pete said.

“No.” I said. Then Brendon grabbed me and said, “You should have listened to your boyfriend” and pushed me into Pete knocking us down. Brendon then got away.

“I can’t believe you would let the enemy get away. Don’t touch me or come near me.” Pete said taking off and vanishing before my eyes.

“Oh now you did it.” Patrick said. “Come on, let’s get you back to our place so you can get your car and go home.” He added.