Bite Me

An Awkward Silence

All the way to the boys’ place was a quiet ride. No one spoke or even attempted to say a word. I tried to look at Joe who was in the back seat with me but he stared out at the window. Great that’s all I need is to have lost my new friends.

We finally made it there and everyone got out of the car. Andy and Joe ran on inside and Patrick stopped to get his bag out of the trunk. I started to walk to my car when Patrick stopped me.

“Hey, where are you going?” Patrick asked.

“Uh, well nobody was saying anything in the car and I figured you all were mad at me. So I thought it best if I just go on home.” I said.

“No. We aren’t mad just a little shocked. I guess Pete left out the part about Brendon.” Patrick said.

“Yeah, I think I missed that memo.” I said.

“Well I think it’s best if I let Pete tell you about him.” Patrick said.

“Like that will ever happen now.” I said to Patrick.

“Look, don’t worry about Pete. He will come around soon enough. Pete and Brendon used to be good friends and now they aren’t. I get that you sense Brendon is a good guy but just be careful. He does work for Beckett.” Patrick warned me.

“I know that but what if he is good. Let’s say he is. Why would he work for Beckett? Why not kill him? But I don’t know. He could be bad. I might just be off. He’s playing both sides and now I want to know why Patrick.” I said.

“Well, try not to dwell on it too much right now. Oh and here, take these.” Patrick said taking some stakes out of his bag. “Put them in your car or in your purse. You never know when you may need them now.” Patrick added.

“Thanks. Well, here are your passes to Monday’s party I mentioned earlier. If you can’t get Pete to show, I understand.” I said grabbing the passes out of my car. “I guess I better get home and to bed. It is late.” I said hugging Patrick. Then I got in my car.

“Night, Amanda.” Patrick said closing my car door.

“Goodnight, Patrick.” I said driving off.

I was relieved the boys weren’t mad at me for making Pete disappear. But I was still wondering if Pete would ever talk to me and if I’d ever see Brendon again. The only thing to do was to get home and crawl in the bed. It had been a long day/night.