Bite Me

Just To Hear You Breathing

(Pete’s POV)
“Pete, I stayed with her. I never let her out of my sight.” Brendon said showing Erelin his stitched up wound.
“Thank you, Brendon.” I said nodding at him.
“She stopped breathing again but they stabilized her with my help.” Brendon added.
“What!” Everyone else said in unison but me.
“I felt her.” I said.
“So you knew and didn’t say anything to us.” Sam said.
“I didn’t want to worry you and I was in the shower. I felt her come back.” I said avoiding her gaze. “How did you help her?” I asked Brendon.
“When she flat lined and the CPR wasn’t working I whispered in her ear to fight for everyone and to fight for you, Pete. I don’t think she is going to let Natasha get away with this.” Brendon said.
About that time a doctor came out to talk to us. He told us they stabilized Amanda and moved her to a room. He then said only one at a time could visit but I changed that.
The doctor led us to her room where we saw she was still hooked up to monitors. He told us how much blood Amanda had lost and how much they gave her. She looked so pale and lifeless.
I walked over to her with everyone behind me patiently waiting to talk to her. I watched her breathing. I was glad she wasn’t hooked up to a vent although they were still giving her oxygen.
“Hi, sweetie.” I said pulling a chair up to the bed. They had put her in a private room. It had a couch for a visitor to sleep on and a couple of chairs.
“Amanda if you can hear me I want you to know I am not leaving your side until you wake up. Everyone is here gathered around.” I said pushing her hair back behind her ear.
I saw she had two big bandages on her neck from her bites. I hope she won’t have a scar from this. She had to be alright.
“I love you but I will be here in the room. Everyone else would like to talk to you.” I said kissing her head and squeezing her hand. I wasn’t sure if she could hear me or not but I had heard that people who are in a coma like state have woken up saying they heard their love ones talk to them.
I walked over to the couch and let Erelin and Brendon start talking to Amanda. Patrick was sitting beside me and his phone started going off. I wondered who that could have been. He got up and walked out of the room. I followed him.
When he got off the phone he didn’t look good. “Who was that, Patrick?” I asked.
“That was Nick calling me from the airport. Brian had Nick call me as soon as his plane landed and after he had talked to Brian. Unfortunately I have to go pick him up.” Patrick said.
“Do you have too?” I asked not really wanting him near Amanda.
“Well, he doesn’t know his way around L.A. and he was apart of Amanda’s life, Pete. He will find out sooner or later what happened to her and she would be mad if he didn’t know. He also did call to warn her and you but you guys ignored his calls.” Patrick added.
“I guess you are right. So are you going to bring him here?” I asked.
“I have to. Maybe Bev will take him in or something. I may be a nice guy but I am not that nice to let him stay with us.” He said grinning.
I just smiled and told him to be careful. I also told him to take Andy and Chrissy with him as back up. I still didn’t trust or have to like this Nick guy. I may not be jealous anymore but I still didn’t like him.
We walked back into the room and he pulled Andy and Chrissy back out with him and left. I pulled Bev aside and begged her to let Nick stay with her for awhile. She luckily agreed since she knew Nick but Joe didn’t like the idea either. He agreed only if he could temporarily move in. He apparently didn’t trust or like Nick either.
Bev said some things to Amanda and then left with Joe to take Erelin, Brendon, and Sam home. Sam had said some things before she left as well but was unhappy she wasn’t going to have Patrick to say goodnight to.
I walked back over to Amanda and sat back down in the chair. What else could I say to her? I gently took off her bandages to see if her wounds were clearing up and they hadn’t yet.
“Oh, Amanda, how are we going to get through this?” I asked her aloud like she was going to magically answer me back.
I kissed her lips. She was so cold but not as she was earlier. Her transfusion she received was starting to pump in her and make her color start to return slowly. I put my hand on her chest gently because I didn’t want to set off any of the monitors she was hooked up on. I just wanted to feel her heart beat to make sure she was going to be alright.
I then whispered in her ear that I loved her again and that she needed to open her eyes for me. I told her I knew she was fighting the best she could. Then I felt her squeeze my hand slightly as I touched hers. I smiled and knew she could either hear me or feel me.
I laid my head down on the bed and slowly drifted asleep wondering if she would be awake when I woke up. I trusted that she was going to make it. I just wanted her to open her eyes for me.