Bite Me

As Close To Being Normal As I Will Ever Be

(Brendon's POV)
I hoped Amanda was alright. She sure took off upstairs pretty quick. I didn’t mind her watching a movie with Erelin and me. I’m sure though that she didn’t want to see us kiss or anything. I figured we reminded her of what she and Pete could have had.

Amanda’s couch was big enough to hold both me and Erelin lying down. I had turned off the lights when Amanda went upstairs and then cuddled with Erelin a bit. She curled up beside me with her head on my shoulder watching the movie. I played with her hair. I don’t think Erelin seemed to mind it very much for she sighed every so often.

“Erelin are you awake or are you falling asleep on me now?” I said smiling.

“I’m awake.” She said looking up at me. “Why do you ask?” She asked.

“Well, I want to tell you something that’s been bothering me.” I said holding her hand that was on top of my chest where my heart would be.

“You can tell me anything. I’m not afraid of what you have to say and I will not run away.” Erelin said all concerned.

“Here me out before you say anything alright?” I said to her.

“Ok, Brendon.” She said with a look in her eyes.

“I don’t want to turn out like Pete but I am afraid I will. I want us to get close but what happens if I do lose it and bite you or try to bite you. I thought about it last night and I think I can control myself but what if I can’t. What if the vampire in me wants to come out? Then what do we do? I know I don’t want to scare you away. I want to get to know you better. I like being around you and talking to you. Erelin you are the closest thing I have to being normal.” I said explaining.

Erelin was listening to every word I said. She looked beautiful tonight. I know she says that she won’t go anywhere but what if she chooses to run away?

“As much as I hate how Pete treated Amanda I know how he felt about her. I feel it with you. As stubborn as Amanda and Pete both are I could tell that they belong together. I think we may too. I mean sure, back when I was alive I had many girlfriends but I never felt about them the way I feel about you. It’s different. I feel like I am alive. I hate Beckett for taking everything away from me.” I said waiting for her to say something.

“Wow, Brendon. We haven’t known each other very long and you feel that way?” Erelin asked.

“I’m sorry.” I said starting to sit up with Erelin doing the same.

“No, it’s okay. I’m glad you told me. We can build on that. I don’t think that you will be like Pete because you are not him. He is handling being a vampire differently than you. I’m not saying you won’t try to bite me or whatever but if it happens I think you will have learned from his mistake. If it was us up on Lookout Point, I think you would have taken my hand. We would talk about it and work through the problem. I am just like Amanda. I won’t run away. I don’t care if you tried to push me away I would keep coming back.” Erelin said looking into my eyes.

“I feel this connection too. When you kissed me last night, it was so wonderful. No guy has ever kissed me like the way you did before. And we have so many things in common. I just have a few questions for you though.” She finished saying.

“What is that?” I asked her.

“Why do you hang around Beckett? I mean you dress how he wants and live where he does. If you can’t kill him, why not take Amanda, Pete and the boys over to where he is and kill him? Or leave them. Don’t you want to be yourself again and dress how you want and see who you want to see?” Erelin asked confused.

“Erelin it isn’t that simple. I am sure Amanda explained all about me and Pete’s history and why Pete hated me. Beckett has his place surrounded. Pete was lucky to get away from the crowd. I wasn’t. You see they took Pete and dropped him off somewhere hoping he would wake up being a vampire like them. Only he didn’t. I on the other hand, wasn’t so lucky. I woke up a vampire still at Beckett’s mansion. I had to pretend I was one of them so he wouldn’t kill me. It’s so scary dying and then waking up confused and realizing what you are.” I said reaching for Erelin’s hand.

When Erelin placed her hand in mine it was so weird. Something I never had done before occurred. I showed Erelin all of my memories of what happened. I hoped she was alright. I let go of her hand to see her sit in shock.

“Brendon, I am so sorry.” She said hugging me.

Wow, I could get used to this. She hugged me. I know she understands me now.
“I would love to be me again and to see you without worrying for your safety. But right now I have to stay there. If I left now and he found out I am not a Dandy, Beckett would surely kill me.” I added.

Erelin then got up and sat up on me. She pulled me close to her and kissed me. I liked this. I kissed back until we were making out. I could feel a rush come over me and I pulled away for my fangs were starting to come out.

“Maybe I should go check on Amanda.” Erelin said getting up.

“Good idea.” I said realizing she was giving me a minute to compose myself. “Don’t end up like Pete.” I reminded myself. Then all of a sudden I heard Erelin yell my name from upstairs.

“Brendon, come quick! Amanda is gone!” I heard her say as I went flying up the steps.

I made it to Amanda’s room to find her cell was left on her nightstand and her window was open. Why would she not take her cell phone with her? It’s too dangerous with her being hurt to go out slaying.

“What do we do?” Erelin said all worried.

“Here, call Pete or Patrick on here and tell them what happened.” I said handing her Amanda’s cell. I am going to find Beckett just in case. I don’t want a round two to happen if he finds Amanda tonight. Lock the door and stay here until she gets back.” I said rushing off out the window.

“Be careful.” Erelin said out the window.