Bite Me

We Are So Last Year

(Pete's POV)
I woke up from my sleep in a dark hotel room. The curtains are pulled too, carefully not letting any sunshine in. I walked over to the bathroom sink to splash some water on my face. I looked up at the mirror seeing no reflection. “What have I done?” I said aloud smashing the mirror with my right hand in a fist.

All I could see was blood trickling down from my hand where the glass had cut it. It would be one more thing I’d have to pay for at the hotel’s front desk. I wrapped my hand up in a towel. I felt some pain from it but not as much pain I was going through from what I had done to Amanda.

I gave her what she wanted. I gave her what we both had wanted for awhile. How could I have been so stupid? Our dream did come true but only because I let it. I let in my nightmare along with it. I bit her and I can never take that back. Only I didn’t knick her skin this time, I drank her blood.

I can tell myself I did it to protect her but it is a lie. She doesn’t know the nightmares I have. Or the things that may happen because of me. I bit her because I wanted her and I got too close but I did it to erase what we did. I can’t block me out of her mind but I can erase what we did to keep her safe. If we were together she would be in danger. She has to move on. I already let one of my nightmares come true, I can’t let another one.

I can still taste her sweet blood on my lips. I can’t go back now. I have to pretend this never happened for her sake. I can’t give Amanda hope we will be together so she has to keep thinking she never wants to see me again. I got careless last night.

I gave in to my feelings. I do love her but now she will never know at least not for now, maybe never. Now the bigger problems is how do I explain this to the guys or do I let this eat me up inside along with all the other secrets I hide, and how do I stop the cravings for her which will now come more often. It’s something I have chosen to take on and one I must fight and live with everyday.