Bite Me

It's The Little Things That Count

I barely had my foot through the front door to find Bev, Joe, Erelin, and Brendon all asking me questions. They were making my head hurt. It was time to take action.

“Hey! Everyone chill for a moment. Can’t a girl walk in the front door and sit her purse down?” I said shutting the front door as I walked in.

“Well we just want to know how it went.” Bev said.

“Yes, judging by that kiss I would say that they are an item now.” Joe chimed in.

“Erelin and Brendon if you start I will make your lives miserable.” I said walking over to the couch and collapsing on it. I took my shoes off and sat my purse down on the floor making everyone wait for me to explain how my date went.

“So, how’d it go?” Erelin finally spoke.

Everyone gathered around me like vultures. Erelin was in Brendon’s lap who sat in the chair across from the couch and Bev was sitting in Joe’s lap on the couch next to me. I just stared at everyone’s happy glow they had.

“My date went well. I had a lot of fun. Jason and I talked it seemed like forever and we caught up on some old times to when we first met. He was so glad that I liked him for the music and not because he was famous. He picked me up in a limo as I am sure you spies saw. He even brought me those flowers that are on the kitchen counter there.” I said smiling.

“So I want to know, did he kiss you any in the limo?” Brendon said.

“No he didn’t kiss me in the limo, Brendon now can I finish?” I asked.

“Um, yes, just don’t bite my head off please.” He said with Erelin laughing at him. He grabbed her and started to tickle her then he pulled her into a kiss.

“Get a room, you two!” I said laughing at them.

“Yes, don’t be making out over in my chair.” Bev said rubbing her hands through Joe’s curly hair.

“Now as I was saying, the next thing he did was take me to a nice fancy restaurant that was called Masterson’s. The food was excellent and they had a band. We slow danced after our meal. Everything was perfect. Then of course he took me back here and you guys know the rest, you spies.” I said giving them the shame on you finger moves.

“Oh, on top of that Pete decided to tag along.” I added.

“What!” Everyone said.

“It’s true but it was sweet. He remembered me saying I wanted no interruptions on my date and that I didn’t want Jason to know I was a slayer yet. So, he killed any vampires that decided to come out while we were eating and before we left the restaurant.” I said not mad at Pete.

I looked over to find Brendon giving me a look which meant that he needed to talk to me about something. It had to be about Pete. Who else?

“So what is everyone doing here anyways?” I asked. “I thought you two were going to the movies or out or something Bev.” I added.

“We did but we came back in time to see you weren’t here and that you left note. So we wanted to wait up for you and we found Erelin had driven over here to check on you too.” Bev said not looking at me but paying all of her attention to Joe.

“Then after I arrived, Brendon came here since I wasn’t at the shop to find me and I filled him in that you were on a date.” Erelin said turning to kiss Brendon.

“Ok you two. Jeez you guys. I am right here you know. I can’t handle this.” I said laughing at everyone.

“Well, Brendon I need to go home now and I am sure you need to get back to Beckett’s.” Erelin said giving me a wink.

“Brendon before you go can I talk to you a second?” I said walking to the kitchen.

“I will be right back babe.” Brendon said getting up and watching Erelin walk over to where Bev and Joe were.

“What did you want to see me for?” He asked walking into the kitchen area.

“I think you and Erelin should try actual dating.” I said.

“We can’t you know that. What if Beckett sees us or worse his spies do and tell him?” Brendon said all worried.

“Look, you can’t keep showing up here at my place. I don’t mind it some of the time but I understand Erelin’s dad won’t let you guys see each other there. A movie or taking her out to dinner every now and then isn’t going to hurt.” I said touching his shoulder.

“I can’t eat you know that.” Brendon replied.

“So, she needs to. It’s the little things that count Brendon. Don’t end up like Pete and me. I also understand that when you two get all hot and bothered you vamp out.” I said concerned.

“Yes. It happened the other night. I don’t want to hurt her, Amanda.” He said.

“Then do the little things. Talk to her and don’t run away from your problems. Trust her and trust yourself to do the right thing and everything will be fine. You trust me right?” I said.

“Yes. If it wasn’t for you I would never have had the chance to meet or talk to Erelin. She’s making me slowly become my former self again and it feels nice.” Brendon said looking at how happy Erelin was laughing at whatever Joe had said.

“As I said lessons learned from me and Pete, don’t do his mistakes. The more you worry about being like him you will. He has his own issues and ways of dealing with them. You have your own ways, don’t follow Pete’s.” I said. “Now go walk her out to her car and remember what I said. It is the little things you do that count the most.” I said hugging him.

“Thanks, Amanda. And I am happy you have moved on from Pete and found a guy who treats you with the respect you deserve.” Brendon said hugging back and kissing me on the cheek.

I watched him grab a flower from my bouquet. I started to say something but stopped. It was a start for Brendon at least. He made me chuckle a bit. I saw how Erelin’s face lit up and she laughed when she realized where he got it from.

I watched how happy Bev and Joe were just hanging out. I figured he would sleep on the couch tonight or not. Bev may feel lucky and have Joe crawl in bed with her not to have sex but to fall asleep together. Why not? It is a nice feeling to wake up next to the one you love. Oh, too much thinking going on it is time for bed.

I quietly snuck upstairs to my room and got my pajamas on. I crawled out my window and sat on the fire escape. Tonight was a good night. Maybe I can just be friends with Pete after all. I didn’t feel Pete around me anywhere so I came back in to my room and crawled into bed. I laid there for awhile tossing and turning thinking about the events that happened today. I wondered what Pete was doing and how he was feeling. I wondered where my relationship with Jason would go. But most of all I missed what I had with Pete.