Bite Me

Breaking and Entering

It was now two p.m. and I arrived at Pete and the boys place. I parked my car on the street. Bev was at her meeting and I didn’t want to tell her I might not ever come home again. I just had to trust Pete and myself to fight and kick Mike’s ass.

I approached the door of their place and noticed there was a garage door beside it. I found that kind of funny since they didn’t park their car inside. You notice a lot in the daylight then you do at night. I knocked on the door and waited. I was a little nervous because I was thinking what the guys would say at me showing up here unannounced. But I had questions and my curiosity always gets the better of me. I didn’t have to answer though because no one answered. I knew Pete was home. He can’t be out here in the daylight.

I looked around some more and saw that the boys’ car was gone. I went over to the right of the building and found an emergency escape that went to one of their rooms on the second floor. Yes I am being crazy but I needed to see Pete. I don’t know what it was but I felt so drawn to him. So crazy me climbed onto the escape and went to the window it led to. I was in luck. The window was cracked open. All I needed now was to climb in and find Pete and pray he didn’t arrest me for breaking and entering.

“Wait it technically wasn’t breaking in if the window was already open. I just entered uninvited. Oh man. I’m in so much trouble. What am I doing?” I said aloud.

Too late, I was already in a room that was the same room I woke up in. Interesting. “Pete?” I said walking out of the room. I didn’t go in but I looked in the other three rooms. No Pete. Hmm. Then it dawned on me. Maybe he was sleeping and was in that room he told me was off limits. So I quickly proceeded downstairs and towards the room. There weren’t a lot of windows to let the sun in and the curtains were pulled anyhow to keep it out. The only light I had to go on was the kitchen light left on.

“Here goes”, I told myself. I opened the door and walked in. “Pete, are you in here?” I said trying to adjust to total darkness. I was also feeling around for a light when I smacked and tripped over something. “Ouch, I needed those kneecaps. What was that?” I said getting up in slight pain. I found a wall to help myself up and a lamp. I turned the lamp on and in front of me was a long metal box sort of similar to a coffin. I looked around the room and there was barely anything else in the room except some pictures and clothes on the floor. “No, Pete.” I said aloud.

Somehow I knew he was in that metal box but I didn’t want to believe it. My only choice was to open it and hope for the best. Maybe he wouldn’t be too mad at me for being here. Here goes. I opened it and gasped for Pete was lying inside. Then he woke up suddenly showing his fangs and grabbed me by the neck.

“Pete it’s me, Amanda.” I barely let out trying to grab his hands off my neck. Then he let go and realized it was me he had but was still showing his fangs. I sat back far away from the box.

“What are you doing here? Are you stupid? I could have killed you.” Pete said angrily sitting up and rubbing his eyes from the light.

I was still in shock that he actually sleeps in a metal box and that he almost tried to strangle me. “What?” I mumbled. “I knocked on the door but, but no one answered.” I said scared. I have never seen Pete this angry before in the short time I known him.

Then he got out and walked over to me putting his hand out. “Are you going to hurt me now?” I asked.

“No. I’m trying to help you up. Now if no one is here, how did you get in?” he said still upset with me.

I took his hand and got up but not turning my back towards him. “I knocked but no one answered. I ran to the side of your place and found an emergency escape so I climbed up and found an open window. I hollered your name but apparently you didn’t hear me for you were sleeping. I just had too many questions and it couldn’t wait until tonight.” I said watching him.

“You need to leave.” Pete said walking into the gym area.

“Why? I just got here. Look I’m really sorry. I’m sure I have disappointed you. But I’m scared about tonight. I want to fight back. I don’t want to be just the bait. I trust you but I need help. I don’t know what is going to happen or if I am going to be sane tonight. I just know I don’t want to be controlled and I don’t want to die.” I said following him.

“You break into my place and expect me to help you now? You should have just listened to me. You might trust me but I can’t trust you now. I thought maybe you were smarter.” Pete said.

“Oh, smarter? Look at you. You tell me you hate being a vampire. You don’t want to live like them and look at you. You sleep in a metal box shaped like a coffin. Why? You are not one of them Pete. You have a soul. I see it in your eyes you care about people. But if you continue to live like vampires then you will become like them. You are just isolating yourself from the world.” I said.

“Are you finished?” he said.

“Yeah, I’m done now.” I said.

“Good you can leave.” He said grabbing my arm.

“Let go of me Pete!” I said trying to break from him.

“Or else what?” He said.

“Or else this.” I said flipping him to the ground really hard.