Status: working on it...

Fate Gave Me Another Chance

2

“N-no don’t! P-please stop! You’re gonna kill me!” But to no avail, he wouldn’t listen, what had I gotten myself into?

“Jim get off of her, she’s not a chair.” Brian simply stated.

Jimmy has been sitting on my lap for about 30 minutes but to me it feels like 2 hours, my legs just fell asleep with his enormous weight. To top it off no one was doing anything to help me Zacky, Matt and Johnny were playing COD and probably could care less about what was happening, while Brian was too lazy to get up and push him off me. I tried to shove him off me but he wouldn’t budge, he is so heavy.

“Jimmy I’m on my period, get off!!”

“What!?” Four heads spun around and looked at me, while Jimmy immediately zoomed off me.

“It was the only thing I could think of, to get him off me!” I defended myself, it was true, I knew something like that would make him get up.

In between all of this Zacky took this time to his advantage and killed Matt’s soldier.

“Heyy come on!!” Matt claimed.

“You snooze you lose!” Zacky laughed while attempting to kill Johnny’s soldier.

Matt got up from the floor and sat down next to me on the couch, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. My smile couldn’t get bigger than it just did, the past three days had been constantly filled with laughter and I couldn’t have asked for more. I had been in need of this, to just relax and have fun with my friends; they made me forget almost all the problems I currently am passing through. My parents told me many times to just tell them but I was waiting for the right time, I didn’t want to ruin their fun.

Some hours later

The events that took place today were very trying and I could barely get up from the ground. We were currently at the beach, lounging out on the sand. After much teasing from the guys and remarks that just made me keep blushing, I had been the center of attention the whole time, which I didn’t quite mind.

I was also enjoying the fact that Matt couldn’t keep his eyes off of me, he wasn’t doing much to hide it and everyone noticed. I knew I was torturing him at times but it felt good that I still had it in me to attract a man. Being told who have heart failure, isn’t quite a boost to your self-esteem and slowly I began to see myself less attractive and judging my imperfections.

But today it was a whole other story; even Zacky was sometimes looking at me very strangely which was somewhat awkward since I didn’t see us nothing more than best friends.
The sun was almost setting and the day was slowly coming to an end. Resting my head comforting on Matt’s chest, listening to his heartbeat, it was so different than my irregular heartbeat, it was soothing like a lullaby.

Before I knew it I fell asleep in his arms.

***
My eyes fluttered open; I slowly got up and made my way over to my drawer to get some clean clothes. I didn’t even remember how I ended up in my bed in the first place; one of the guys must have carried me upstairs.

The clock showed 9.38am, 10 hours sleep even though the constant shortness of breath kept waking me up. I felt so tired; my body was almost dead I just hope a shower would help me feel at least slightly better. I knew that my imaginary clock was slowly ticking its way to the end; I just had to tell them instead of having them finding out.

Putting those thoughts behind I remembered last night’s events, I had finally after God knows how long; laughed so hard that I cried! Last night Zacky and Jimmy reminded me how good it felt to laugh.

*Flashback*

“Hey Jim, do you remember the day we went to the beach and there was those 2 surfer dudes that Sarah kept staring at.”

"Yeah and you convinced me to go behind that van and ended up seeing one of them but naked. I had forgotten, thanks Matt for getting that picture in my head again!” While Jimmy was talking Zacky was slowly making his way behind Jimmy until he just pulled down Jimmy’s pants and pushed him forward.

Jimmy caught off guard tripped over with his highlighter green boxers in full view. Needless to say the whole room erupted in laughter; I had to hold on to Brian to keep myself from falling over, it took about an hour to regain my normal breathing, but it was worth it.

*End of Flashback*