I Am Not Falling For My Kidnapper... Am I?!

All Right Fine, I love him! But I'm afraid I'll hu

Cal climbs into the hole and to save Analise, she starts crying when she sees him. "Oh, Cal, why'd you come? Are you all right? Did I hurt you? I didn't mean to." I say sobbing not paying any attention to the fact that a bone is poking out of my leg from the break.

"Ana! Shut up for a minute!" Cal laughed "I need to think of a way to get you out of here without hurting your leg more. Are YOU ok?" I look at my leg and wince. Then I shrug

"It's not so bad." I lie. "I've had worse." Which was true of course I had passed out and almost died that time... Who know how I'd survived... I started to think about it Cal noticed the look I was getting in my eyes.

"Ana, stay with me! Don't do this to yourself! That part of your life is over. It's okay, you're safe." He said coming over to me and genteelly stroking my hair. I suddenly snapped out of it. He smiled "Are you ok now, love?" he asked me. I nodded not sure how he'd done it but I was grateful.

"Yeah, I'm okay now, thanks to you... How'd you do that?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"No really? How?" I asked again.

"I just talked to you... I suppose love could have something to do with it. Now let me see your leg,” he said. I bit my lip as I shifted as much as I could so he could see. "Oh, No! It broke the skin!" He said taking off his belt. My eyes widened and I began to try to back up and got that look again. "Oh Ana! NO! Not again, it's okay. I've got to make a tourniquet. Please don't leave me again. Come on, love, fight it." He said softly working on my leg even as I tried to run. My breathing slowly got back to a normal rate and I was okay again. "There's my girl," he said softly. I gave him a funny look and he said, "Oh, not again! Please!" I laughed.

"No, Cal, I'm fine I just was thinking no one's ever called me that before... My anything. Nobody's wanted me before... Well not in a good way." I admitted softly. " I like it." I say softly.
Cal sighed, "I'm glad, you like it. I really got to watch what I say, and do around you, I don't want to scare you. I'm so sorry about back in the room. I was WAY out of line. Forgive me?" He asked.

"Of course I forgive you Cal, I love you and it was my fault I should be able to control it better. Did I hurt you back there, Cal?" I ask.

"Ana, it's not your fault what you've been thru is to blame... Well actually the person who put you thru it is. And you didn't hurt me too bad, but I did learn a valuable lesson... Don't mess with a terrified girl... Or actually probably more along the lines of I now know you can take care of yourself if you really needed to. Don't worry about me. I'm okay" Cal said, not telling her about his ribs being bruised at least, I threw him really hard! "Okay Analise, we got to get you out of here and to the hospital." he said looking at my leg again.

"Okay" I say. "How do we get out?" I ask

Cal points toward the ledge he climbed down to get down her to me and said "I think I can carry you up that way." As he said it I stood up... Not particularly well and tried to walk over there. I fell on him before he realized I was up. "Dang you, Ana! Don't ever try to walk on a broken bone! It could get damaged worse! " He yelled picking me up and putting me on his back and slowly climbing with me. "Hold on tight." He said.

I hold on with all my might making sure not to choke him. He climbs quickly and reaches the top of the hole, and sets me down. Then he proceeds to make a quick makeshift stretcher out of his shirt and two branches... It wasn't the best but it worked, the main problem I thought was the fact that it was made for two people to carry one person not one person to carry another but he managed it surprisingly. Before he started carrying me he said "If you move I swear..." He growled, before he thought about it. I began to shrink back and he realized what he'd said. "No, Ana, I wouldn't hurt you! Don't leave me again." He begged kneeling beside me and kissing my forehead. "Shhh, now, it's ok..." He soothed. I quickly came out of it and looked at him in a little bit of fear... Could I really trust him? Or was I setting myself up for a ton of pain? I wondered. "I would never hurt you," He said soothingly. "I would just... I don't know ground you or something." He said. I nodded. and he carried me to the van and buckled me in the back so I could lay down. "Now seriously Ana, DON'T move!" I nodded again and he drove to the hospital.

On the way I had fallen asleep or passed out I'm not really sure which but when I woke up I was tied to the hospital bed. I didn't know why or where I was and I began to flashback again. The doctors and nurses not having noticed I was awake continued working on my leg, Cal however had noticed immediately and saw the look, he rushed over to my side genteelly touching my face and saying, "Ana, Shhh, it's okay. They're fixing your leg. I'm here... No one is going to hurt you. Shhh, love, Shhh. I'm here." He said patting my arm and moving the hair from my face. I immediately calmed down and the doctors and nurses looked at Cal curiously.

One of them came up to him and took him outside the room. "Okay, What was that? What's wrong with this girl?" he asked.

"She was abused until just recently. Her father beat her and let his friends do thing to her... They practically raped her. Her mother called her names and told her she was a good for nothing unwanted mistake and pretty much anything that would damage you mentally and emotionally... It's happened to her." He said he opened his mouth to say more when I screamed in terror as another flashback swept thru my mind. "Damn it!" He yelled running in seeing me fighting the doctors who tried to restrain me one brave young man was thrown against the wall as he tried what Cal had done. My shirt was ripped open and I was bleeding from a wound that had healed very recently and there were scars all over my body and it was now obvious several of my ribs would have to be rebroken in order for them to heal right.

Cal rushed to my side getting over his horror quickly. "Ana!" He said ducking to avoid being thrown against the wall "It's me. It's Cal, my love, you have to calm down. They're trying to help. You got to let them help you. Shhh, love." He said gently laying a firm hand on my shoulder. I slowly stopped but I was panting and breathing hard.

"Cal?!" I sobbed terrified. He quickly came into view. "Don't leave me," I sobbed. "I'm scared... I need you." I sobbed weakly.. "Please Cal," I said "Don't leave me"

"I won't. I promise" Cal said, kissing my forehead. "Just stay still and let the doctors work on you." He said softly. I nodded a little as I suddenly passed out. "That's my girl." he said smoothing my hair from my face. "You're safe now." Then he looked at the doctors and said "Why did you rip her shirt off?! That was a dumb idea!"

"She had blood coming thru her shirt and she wouldn't take it off so we did it for her so we could keep her from bleeding to death. We didn't know she would go insane!" One grumbled.

"She just got out of an abusive family, where people frequently ripped her clothes off of her and did things to her! How do you expect her to react?! She's scared! Why didn't you call me when she started freaking out?!" he growled at them.

"We didn't want to bother you we thought we could handle it ourselves" said another as they got back to work on me splitting into two work groups one on my leg and one on my torso.

"You can't." Cal said. "You might ought to call someone to help your fellow doctor there though. He's gonna be sore when he comes to... Trust me." Cal said rubbing his ribs.

They called a nurse to take him down to another ward. The doctors quickly got me fixed up then began looking at the various scares and such.. "She should by all logic be dead!" one exclaimed.

Cal didn't look at what they were talking about knowing it would hurt his heart to see what her father had done. "She's very strong. In many ways she's the strongest person I know, and yet she's also the one with the most reason to give up. But I'm glad she didn't." He said looking at my sleeping face, with tears rolling down his face. "If I'd gotten to her sooner..." He sighed. "There's probably nothing I could have done, as much as I wish there was."
♠ ♠ ♠
Will Cal ever forgive himself for not saving Analise sooner?
Will Analise stay strong?