Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

Vodka Is My New Best Friend.

Mikey came out of the room with his head down and shut the door behind him causing it to click. "How is she man?" Ray asked. He simply raised his head and showed him the small silver ring between his fingers.

Kat sat in a chair watching the whole thing unfold. She felt like it was her fault this happened, and now her best friend doesn't even want her in the room with her. Not to mention she also felt bad for Mikey.

Mikey sat down in the chair and sighed, putting his head in his hands, "We were going to have a baby," He chuckled.

"A b-b-baby?" Frank stuttered.

"Were being the past tense.”

Kat just watched as Mikey talked to Frank, she was trying to ease drop, to hear what they where saying. Mikey leaned back in his chair and covered his face with his hand, unsure of what to do next.

Kat stood up, "I'm getting coffee, anyone else want some?"

Mikey shook his head and played with the ring. Kat’s eyes were drawn into his hands by the small light reflection the ring was giving off. This was the first time Kat had notice Mikey had a ring in his hand. She just stood there, not sure if what she was seeing was real.

Mikey stopped fiddling with it when he noticed Kat staring, "I'll have that coffee now please."

"Huh?" Kat said, not really noticing what was going on since she was still in shock that Mikey was holding Kyra's engagement ring.

"Coffee?"

"What about it?"

"You offered for coffee? And I'm saying I'd like one."

"Oh right, what kind?" Kat asked finally taking her eyes off the ring.

"Something strong."

"I'm sorry," Kat said as she walked, out the door and down the street to the nearest Starbucks.

Mikey went to go back in a few times but was stopped by Frank and Ray before finally giving up and sitting down.

After leaving Starbucks Kat decided to walk across the street and buy a bottle of Vodka before heading back to the Hospital. "Here," She said, as she handed Mikey his coffee, and sat back down three chairs away from everyone else.

Mikey mumbled a thanks and began tapping his feet. He glanced over and looked at Kat, "What’s with the vodka?"

"I just needed a drink that’s all, want some?"

"Give it here," He said with his arm out.

Kat took a big swig and passed the bottle to Mikey.

"Keep this away from her," He said, hading it to Frank, "Go and talk to her for me" Mikey told her, pointing at the door

"What the hell Mikey, I'm not a damn kid! Frank Anthony Iero, you better give me my damn booz back now."

"Don’t you fucking dare Frank!" Mikey shouted at him when he went to hand it back.

"You’re here best friend! You should be in there," Mikey added.

"She doesn't want me in there anymore than she wants you in there," Kat said, looking down at the ground.

"What? I don't fucking believe you."

“What don't you believe Mikey? That I want to drink or that my best friend doesn’t want me in the room with her because she thinks I'm lying to her? Which is it?"

"Both."

"Why aren’t you in there with her?"

He simply raised the ring, unable to say the words.

Kat just sighed, she knew fighting with Mike wouldn't fix anything, "Frank give me my fucking Vodka now, don't listen to Mikey unless you wanna share a bunk with his sorry ass for the rest the tour."

"Why the fuck wouldn’t she want you in there? Unless...Unless you fucking did something!” Mikey yelled, standing up and pointing at her.

"Yeah I told her the damn truth. You know the truth? The one you guys didn't want her to know."

"You knew about this before me. If I had known I would have told her but I wasn’t here was I? But no. Fucking nosy Kat Myers butts in again."

"You know what Mikey? Fuck you."

“No. I wouldn’t want to make Frank jealous. Oh wait? You could probably nosy in there too while you’re at it."

"Mikey, you don't know shit. Yeah so what I knew about it before you? get the fuck over it," Kat walked over to Frank and grabbed her vodka and took a big swig, "Mikey I hope you rot in hell."

"Fuck it. You probably knew all along didn’t you? You probably knew weeks ago and came up with one of your maniac plans to make us not notice. You’re still the same old Kat the fucking Bat!"

“Yeah Mikey that’s right because Kyra was as scared as hell to tell you. She didn't want you shipping her back to Jersey or New York or wherever. I would have told you, but you know her being my only friend other then Frankie I thought I better keep my promise, just like I've kept every promise I ever made to her.." Kat put the Vodka bottle to her mouth and started chugging it.. "I rather be a damn Bat, than an ass hole."

"Why the fuck didn’t you tell me!? It was my fucking baby too Kat! IT WAS MY FUCKING BABY TOO," Mikey cried, walking off, "I FUCKING HATE YOU"

Kat chased after him, grabbed his arm and turned him around to face her, "I didn't fucking tell you because I promised Kyra I wouldn't. I keep my promises to my best friend. But look where that got me. She hates now because unlike you I had the balls to tell her she had a miscarriage. So you know what Mikey fucking Way? Hate me all you want but it’s not gunna fix shit," Kat let go of his arm only to take another swig of her Vodka, that was now empty.

"That's only because you fucking beat me to it," He said through his teeth, "You should have stayed the fuck out of it and maybe used your brain and thought 'oh this seems like a couple matter. Better butt out.’ Whatever. Just stay the fuck away from me," Mikey muttered to himself, sitting down on the cold linoleum floor and tucking his legs up to his chest.

"That will be kind of hard considering we're on tour together wont it asshole?"

Mikey zoned them all out. His world was falling apart and there was nothing he could do. He put his head and started to quietly cry to himself. Kat got up and left the hospital, she needed another bottle of Vodka if she was going to get through this.

On her way out she passed Gerard, "Great another fucking Way, can this day get any better?" She muttered as she passed him.

"What the fuck is your problem?" He muttered.

"Your whole fucking family is what’s a matter with me thanks to both of you, I've lost my best friend, how the hell do you sleep at night?"

"For your information I sleep atop of nice comfy bed. You mustn’t sleep too good since your PMSing all the time. Poor Frank."

"Fuck you Gerard. Do you know how bad you fucked up Kyra? And your brother?”

"No, you did that all by yourself Kat," He sighed, walking off to Mikey.

Kat caught up with him and whispered in his ear," I know everything about you two, just remember that," She turned around and walked away, wanting that vodka more than ever now.

Gerard sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"YOU GUYS STOP YOUR FUCKING ARGUING" yelled Frank before Kyra's door had shut again.

Gerard looked around. Frank and Ray had gone in while Bob was with Mikey. Kat just walked out the door and down the street, to the store. She was halfway there when she realized she left her purse, so she turned around and headed back to the Hospital.

"Forget your money for your booze?" Gerard snickered little did she know Frank had collected her purse before when she went outside.

"Yeah I did. Why do you care? Hoping I would bring you back some, you are the recovering addict here not me."

"Why would I need that shit? I didn’t lose my best friend and if I did I know booze isn’t the answer. Face it. You’re took gutless to go back in there."

“No I'm not gutless. I just don't want to upset her anymore, now which one of you ass holes took my damn money?"

"That'd be your asshole of a boyfriend who is in there," Gerard smirked while pointing at the door.

Kat just looked at him and walked to Kyra's door, she pushed it open, " Frank Anthony Iero, give me my damn money now or you will be sharing a bed next to her," Kat pointed to Kyra.

"No," Frank shook his head.

"Asshole, I can find other way to get what I want," Kat said, stepping toward Frank.

"Kat don’t fucking do this."

"Give me my money and I wont. I worked hard for that money."

"I'm not going to let you do this Kat."

"And what exactly is that, Frank?"

"This! When your best friend needs you!”

"She doesn’t need me, she doesn't even want me here! If I was here I wouldn't want me here either, now give me my money."

"Fine. Take your fucking money but don’t expect any of us to be here when you get back," Frank muttered, throwing her purse at her.

“Frank I really don't care if you're here or not. Why should I? There are two jerks in the waiting room I don't want to be near, Kyra doesn't want me here, but that’s okay because its all my fault she's here and well, I guess you don't want me here either since you seem to be agreeing the Ways. And Ray and Bob probably don't even like me, so I will have a good time with my booze."

"I'm not agreeing with anyone. I just don’t want you to throw it all away on booze, but hey, its your life. Just go if your fucking going."

"And just how the hell am I throwing it away? It’s not like I'm an addict or anything."

"Just fucking go Kat! You’ve made your fucking mind up so fucking go already! Its not as if you care anyway!"

And with that Kat walked out of Kyra's room and out of the Hospital only she didn't go to get more booze, she walked to the park down the street and sat down, silently sobbing.

Mikey got up and didn’t respond to the his friend's questions about where he was going. He just didn’t want to here right now. His legs kept on walking ending him up in the park where the all too familiar figure of Kat was sitting alone on the grass. Mikey went up and sat down next to her.

"I'm not drinking, so whoever you are, you can leave and report back to Frank," Kat said, not even looking to see who was sitting beside her.

"Why would I do that?"

Kat knew that voice she knew it well and right now she hated it, "What the hell do you want?"

"I came to apologize. But I can leave if you want."

"What’s there to apologize for? You were right and now this is all my fault," Kat shrugged still not looking at him.

"No, I was wrong. I'm sorry. You were there for her when I wasn't so thank you"

Kat finally looked at him, "You're welcome, but you are still right. I should keep my nose out of other peoples problems and it’s still my fault she's here with no baby.. And for that I'm sorry."

"Its alright. I mean it would of been great. She'd be a great mom. I'm just wondering what I did to fuck up so bad she wouldn’t tell me."

Kat didn't know what to say to that, this was one thing Kyra, never told her, "Mikey honestly I don't know that one. Me and Kyra talked a lot about everything but never about you and her breaking up. She seemed so happy, she was so excited for the wedding. I'm really sorry, about all of this, I promise to stay out of your love life from now on."

"It's fine, seriously, stop apologizing. I don't know what’s going to happen though," Mikey said playing with the grass.

"No Mikey it’s not. My dumb plan is why she is like this, I wrecked everything... I don't know what’s going to happen either."

"Your dumb plan? Your plans are never dumb Kat."

"Oh yeah, then tell me why Kyra is in a Hospital hating me?"

"We don’t know if she hates us. Why would she hate us?"

"Yelling at me to get out and never come back tells me she hates me and didn't she give you the ring back?"

"Yeah but that doesn’t mean hate does it now?"

"I guess not. Have you tried going back to talk to her?

"I tried but Frank and Ray."

"Wouldn't let you in huh? Has Gerard or Bob been in to see her?"

"I don’t know. Maybe they could talk some sense into her."

"I don't think so," Kat sighed thinking about Frank.

"What? Why not?"

"Well Kyra probably doesn’t trust Bob as much as the rest of us and if she is mad at you then she is probably mad at Gerard too."

"Why would she be mad at him? They've been talking a lot lately."

Kat sighed, " I don't know I just figured she would be. I'm surprised she hasn't kicked everyone out by now..."

"No, Gee will talk her around. He never shuts up."

"Yeah," Kat sighed for the hundredth time, not sure what was going on about anything anymore.

"That kid would of been one either one lucky bastard or one fucked up mess," Mikey chuckled standing up, "I’m gunna head back and see if she'll talk."

"If she talks will you tell her, I'm sorry?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"You’re going to do it yourself because she will talk to you eventually. I'm not going back without you.”

"I cant go back."

"You can and will."

"No Mikey, I really can’t now. Please just go back, she needs you."

"And I told you. I’m not going back without you."

"Why? What’s so special about me going back? Don't you know they don't want me there?"

"Well I want you there so fuck them."

"Why after everything I've done to you? I destroyed your family man."

"No you haven’t. Sure we lost a member but we aren’t going to lose you, now c'mon."

"Thanks, but I still can’t go back. I don't think I can handle being thrown out of the Hospital by Frank."

"Like I said fuck them. Now c'mon."

"Fine, but if I get thrown out, I'm getting a bottle of vodka understand?"

"Don’t be silly,” He said, helping her up.

Kat started walking back to the Hospital with Mikey, she was afraid of what everyone might say and she really didn't want to see Frank, "You know I hate you right?" Kat asked Mikey.

"I know," He smiled.

"As long as you know... Are you scared or mad or anything?"

"Hmm no."

"Why not?"

"I don’t know. That’s like asking what’s the meaning of life. There’s no answer."

"But you have to be feeling some kind of emotion," Kat said as she stopped at the Hospital doors and just stared at them.

"I don’t know. Numbness really? It’s like this isn’t real"

"Mikey, I cant go in there, and you cant make me."

"Kat, c'mon. Please?"

" Why? I'm just going to start another fight," Kat sighed, she didn't want to see Frank and she really didn't want to see Gerard, she blamed him for most of what was happening to Kyra, but she couldn't tell Mikey that.

"But you'll have me to back you up."

"Mikey, why go through fighting with your friend and brother for me?"

"Because you’re my girlfriend's best friend."

"Fine Mikey you win, but you're not allowed to fight. Let me handle it," Kat said as she took a step toward the doors.

"No, now let's go," He said walking in.

They went into the Hospital and got to the right level and found the boys sitting out on the chairs.

"Guys," Mikey muttered.

Kat didn't look at them or say anything, she just looked at the floor, her shoes, had become very interesting.

"Has she said anything?"

"Yeah something about needing to find Kat," Gerard shrugged.

"Just Kat?" Mikey asked

"Something about I never meant to hurt him, I fucked up... She was kind of rambling, which is why no one went looking for Kat the Bat. She is the reason where're here isn't she?" Gerard said, mostly wanting revenge on Kat for what she had said to him about knowing everything.

"Did they give her drugs or something? She usually isn’t this whacked out."

"No Mikey, she refuses take them. And how would you feel if you were her?"

"What do you mean Gerard?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"Dumbass, she just had a miscarriage that was all Kat’s fucking fault. She feels like shit and she's in a lot of pain and she feels bad for you two," Gerard pointed at Mikey and Kat.

"Just because the whole world isn’t revolving around Gerard, no need to get cranky," Mikey muttered walking into the room.

Kat walked to a chair away from all the guys and sat down. She wanted to let Mikey talk to Kyra alone but at the same time she really didn't want to be alone with any of them.