Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

You Can Spare A Few Minutes.

Frank watched Mikey go in, hoping for the best. His eyes turned to his. Ray and Bob had fallen asleep while Gerard had his arms crossed, glaring hard into the wall. He looked the other way and saw Kat.

"I knew you'd come back."

Kat looked at Frank, in shock, "Are you talking to me?"

"Well I'm not talking to Gerard am I?"

"You could be," Kat said, being a smart ass since she still wasn't sure why Frank was looking at her, more or less talking to her.

"Ugh. Fine. I'm not even going to try and apologize to you but for once I actually listened to the little voice in my fucking mind that said do the right thing and apologize even though its not my fault. But whatever," he said looking back at Kyra's door.

"Do you wanna talk?"

"You don’t wanna talk," He said looking at the floor.

"Yes Frank, I want to, but you said you didn't want me to come back, so I didn't think you wanted to talk to me."

"That’s because you'd rather be drinking vodka than being here."

"If you would have come looking for me you would have known, I was drinking I was at the park. That’s how I ended up with Mikey."

"Well you made your intentions clear that you didn’t give a fuck if we were here or not so why would I waste my time looking for you or did you forget about Kyra?"

"No if I had forgotten about her I would be drinking right now wouldn't I? And you made it clear you didn't care about me didn't you?" Kat said, now looking at the ground.

"I never said that Kat. You’re just making dumb assumptions about what I say"

Kat stood up, "Walk with me?"

Frank sighed and put his hand over his face, "Fine but I’m not going too far. I want to stay for Kyra."

"Frank, she's fine. Mikey is in there with her, and she has all the other guys, You can spare five minutes to go on a walk with me."

"Lets just walk already," he said standing up.

"Fine," Kat said, walking to the door while Frank got up and followed her.

"So...?"

"So....."

"What’s going to happen with us?" Kat asked, afraid of what the answer would be.

"With us? Well we're gunna walk. Talk then go back and see Kyra."

"What are we going to talk about?"

"I don’t know. Oh I know, how about how you automatically went to your trusty friend vodka when things went wrong instead of me?"

"You don't understand, and you never will be able to," Kat said, as she sat down, on the cold, hard ground.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked sitting next to her, “Try me, I’m not as dumb as you think."

"I mean, I can only tell you part of what’s bothering me, and well the vodka helped with the part I can’t talk about.”

"And what’s that?"

"Nice try Frank, but I'm not that stupid... " Kat said, putting her head in her hands.

"Dammit," he mumbled.

"Its all my fault Frank, I fucked up Kyra's life."

"No you didn’t. You didn’t fuck it up. It'll be fine. Mikey’s talking to her and they’re going to get back together and everything will return to normal."

"No Frank. I don't think it will ever be normal again... And yes I did, do you even know what I did?"

"You helped her and she’s going to realise that sooner or later."

"How? By killing her baby?"

"You don’t know that. It was probably some genetic shit. Nothing anyone could have done."

"Frank, I made her diet, and I help cover up she was pregnant.. Anyway, I'm sorry I told you I didn't care."

"You were only helping her Kat, doing the best you could. It's what makes me love you so much," he said lightly kissing her.

Kat kissed him back, but she was still feeling like shit, "Frank, do you think I should stay on tour with you guys? Or should I go back to Jersey?" Kat asked, wanting his opinion but also knowing she didn't know if she could be around Gerard or not.

"I’m not going to force you to stay Kat if you don’t want to."

"Do you want me to stay?"

"Of course I want you to stay. Do you not want to stay?”

"Yes, but I don't think anyone else wants me there."

"Well Kyra will, and Mikey. And I’m sure Bob and Ray will."

"I don't think Kyra will want me there, she's really mad at me. And Mikey? Maybe, he did force me to come back. Ray and Bob maybe, maybe not. And what about Gerard? I know he wont want me there."

"Gerard can easily be fixed. The main thing is I want you here."

"Oh yeah and how do you plan to fix him? I love you." Kat smiled, placing her head on Frank’s shoulder.

"Just leave Gerard to me," He murmured, "I love you too" Frank said, entwining their hands.

"Frank I am really sorry, about everything."

"Shush. Everything is fine."

"Do you think Kyra will ever forgive me?"

"In good time."

Kat smiled, "You know what’s funny?"

"Mhm?"

"Mikey forgave me. When he should be hating me as much as Kyra is, it’s so weird."

"Well Mikey has always been like that though. Kind, forgiving."

"That is true."

"C'mon. Let's go back," He said getting up.

"Okay," Kat said getting up, to stand beside him.

He took a few steps ahead and held out his hand A small smile on his lips

Kat took his hand, "Do you think I should try and talk to her?"

"Maybe leave it to tomorrow. Its been a rough night," he said as they walked.

"Are you staying at the Hospital all night?"

"Maybe. I don’t know. You?"

"Probably, I don't think I should leave. I don't trust the guys to tell me if something happened, especially after Gerard said the things he said.''

"Well we'll stay together then."

"Yes, together. I hope Mikey and Kyra worked everything out."

"Mm. I hope so too. Otherwise Mikey will be fucked up"

"No he wont cause he's strong and he has me and you, family," Kat said remembering the words Mikey said to her, earlier that day.

"Still. I-I-I don't know. That girl means the world to him."

"Trust me I know," Kat let her head drop down.

"They'll be fine."

"Yeah," Kat mumbled frowning.

They went back up and sat down on the same seats as before. Ray was awake and had just checked on them.

"They dead?" Frank asked.

"They’re asleep....In the bed together."

"That’s good." Kat said, but the frown never left her face.

"Why are you frowning?" Frank asked, smiling.

"No reason," Kat smiled a little but not much.

"Kat..."

"Yes?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Kat sat there and listened for a while to everyone talking but she soon tuned that out and feel asleep her head resting on Frank. Frank played with her hair and kissed the top of her head before falling asleep like the rest of them. Kat woke up some time later and moved from Frank's arms to the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I got a Pete Wentz/FOB vampire story up now too.
If you're interested, go hunting :)
Thoughts?