Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

Someone Has To Protect You.

Frank awoke the next morning. After seeing that Kat wasn't in the bunk, he just assumed she was in the bathroom. He got up and went out to the front. "Morning," Frank said to the figure on the couch.

He looked again and saw it was Kat, "Kat? What the hell you doing out here?"

Kat sat up and just stared at the figure who was talking to her, "Like you care."

"What's wrong? Is this the whole Kyra business? Because I can go talk to her," Frank said sitting next to her and wrapping his arm around her and rubbing her arm.

Kat moved out of his arms, and scooted to the end of the couch, "No Frank me and Kyra talked last night. What would you do if I was in a coma?"

"What? Oh god, I knew this would come back," he said pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Answer the damn question Frank," Kat half yelled, rather pissed off.

"IT WAS A GOD DAMN FAKE QUESTION! I MEANT NOTHING BY IT!"

"Well now I want an answer. A real answer," Kat glared at Frank.

"An answer to the question I asked Mikey to help him. Jesus, this is what I get for trying to help?"

"No Frank, it’s what you get for saying you wouldn’t funking wait on me.. And how the hell was asking him that going to help you?"

"It wasn’t meant to help me. It was meant to help him and fucking Kyra!"

Kat just glared at him, "Would you wait on me or not Frank?"

"I don’t think it matters anymore, you're clearly already pissed at me for just trying to help friends!"

"No Frank I'm pissed, because my friend told me her boyfriend told her that my boyfriend wouldn't wait on me, and now said boyfriend can’t answer my damn question, which must mean you wouldn't wait," Kat said now looking at the floor.

"No! I would fucking wait, but right now I don’t think I would wait," he said walking to the back of the bus

Kat just stared at him in shock, after a minute she got up and walked to a window to see the bus was at a stop. Kat walked back to the bunk area and put on her shoe's, and walked of the bus.

Frank stormed off past the bunks, slamming the door, waking Kyra and Mikey up. They got up and decided the Mikey should take Kat and Kyra take Frank. Mikey put some shoes on a rushed off the bus. Kat ran, and ran and ran, until she couldn't run any more, she stopped about a mile away from the bus, she was hoping no one come after her, she didn't want to be found at the moment she just wanted to be left alone.

Mikey followed at a slower pace, eventually catching up to her, "You know, running is no good?"

"Go away."

"I think I’ll stay.”

"Why the hell did you follow me what do you want? Why didn’t Kyra come after me?"

"Because I wanted to come after you," he smiled.

"How did you even know I left, you were asleep when I ran off the bus?"

"Ah, that would be drama queen Frank and door slamming.”

Kat glared at Mikey, "I hate him."

"I don’t buy that for one minute."

"Well you should, because it's true."

"Are you honestly just going to break up over this?”

"Mikey you don't know what he said, and why do you care what happens between me and the ass hole?"

"He's not an asshole....Okay maybe just a little one but you two always have your ups and downs and work through them. So stop now?"

“Mikey just because you're a hopeless romantic, doesn't mean I am. Okay? Unlike you I don't take rejection very well."

"Kat do you even know why he asked me that?"

"No Mikey I don't, but you know what? Even if his answer that he gave you was real, I wouldn't have been half as bad to him if he would have just answered me when I first asked. But now he doesn't want to wait on me, so it really doesn't matter."

"He only asked me that to help me Kat. Some bogus question to make me really think about Kyra and me."

"And that’s nice and all, I'm glad he helped you guys, I really am. Too bad he couldn't just tell me the truth when I asked him, but no he had to avoid it, and then tell me that he wouldn't wait on me."

"Kat, I don’t even know if he was lying to me. Just give him time and let Kyra talk some sense into him."

"I know he was lying. He told me he only said he wouldn't wait to help you, but I feel like he was lying to me and telling you the truth. So why did Kyra send you?"

"She didn’t. I volunteered."

"Why?"

"I don’t know. You're just like the little sister of our group and this is what brothers do. They help," Mikey shrugged, "Besides, I didn’t want to get punched by Frank."

"So you just came to save your butt? Why do you think he would punch you? Kyra is the one he probably doesn't want to speak to."

"No, I came to see if you're okay. And Kyra was the one who helped Frank confess his love for you at school correct?"

"No Mikey I'm not okay, I promise.. And yeah, she did."

"Don't quote Kyra's lyrics. It doesn’t help. Frank didn’t mean it Kat. You know how confused he gets. Let's just go back."

"But it's the truth...I think he meant it Mikey, I just can't take the fights any more. God you’re so lucky. I don't wanna go back yet, I like it out here, you know why?"

"Why? Why am I lucky Kat?"

"Because you have Kyra, and she doesn't like drama. Me on the other hand, it just seem to follow, and you guys all ways seem to work things out. And besides, I like it out here. One, because its nice, and two because there is no Frank."

"Have I told you Kyra doesn’t want kids?" Mikey sighed, looking up into the sky.

"WHAT?"

"We haven’t worked that out. We all aren’t drama free Kat."

"Oh my god, I'm sorry Mikey. Do you want to talk about it?"

"It's fine. I'm happy as long as she's happy. We can’t stay out here forever, you know?"

"I can. You can’t but I can. Mikey, you know your happiness counts too, right?"

"No you can’t Kat. Because I cant go back unless you go back. And like I said, I’m happy as long as she’s happy."

"Mikey I know you and I also know you want kids. How are you guys working that out? And why do you always do this to me?"

"That’s like, the biggest lie ever Kat. I haven’t always wanted kids. And what do I do?"

"I didn't say you always wanted them I said I know you want them, and you threaten me. That’s what you do."

"So what if I want them? It's not a crime to want to have children. It’s not that obvious is it?"

"Not really. I just pay attention to how you guys treat the younger fans. That’s when I could tell you wanted them. Does Kyra know you want kids?"

"What do you mean treat the younger fans? I treat them all the same!" Mikey sighed, "I don’t know. She’s got her mind made up on this."

"I-I-It doesn't matter. I shouldn’t have asked sorry. You should start heading back."

"No, it's okay. I don’t mind. It's better than talking to Frank about this."

"Are you sure you don't mind? I mean, I don't want to be putting my nose where it don't belong. Oh dear god what did he say?"

"No it’s fine. Seriously. He pretty told me to tell her and that’s why he asked me all these questions and then came out with the coma one and I thought he was serious so I answered."

"How did it even get to him answering it? He's advice wasn't too bad I guess, please try and talk to her about it, okay?"

"I don’t know. I don’t want to get all her upset. Its better off to leave it. She'll come around eventually."

"Okay. So if Frank was asking you questions, how did he end up answering it?"

"I think he said he wouldn’t wait because that bastard was using reverse psychology on me...making me realise how much I love Kyra. That fucking bastard."

"And they say you're the smart one," Kat sighed.

"Right, I'm the smart one," he chuckled, kicking the ground.

"Where do you think we are right now?"

"Beats me."

"I like it here, it’s pretty."

"Mm," Then silence fell between them. Kat went to open her mouth but was beaten to it by Mikey, "She wont even adopt Kat! How fucked up is that?"

"You’re serious?"

"Of course I’m fucking serious! It’s fucked!"

"Did she say why she didn't want kids? Other than losing the baby?"

"I didn’t even get an explanation. Just a 'don’t make me go through this again' and I told her she wouldn’t have to but no, that didn’t work."

"I can talk to her if you want?"

"And tell her what? You have to have kids?"

"No, that would be rude.. Are you sure she didn't say anything else?"

"Something about being a shitty mother. She'd be the best mom in the world! Why cant she just see that!?"

"Just let me talk to her okay? Unless you want me to stay out of it."

"Fine. Good luck, you're going to fucking need it."

"Are you sure this is something I should do? If you want me to stay out of it, I will."

"You don’t have to. I’m going to head back," he said walking off.

Kat just sat there, not sure if Mikey wanted her to stay out of it or not. And she still wasn't sure about Frank.

"It's going to be a lonely walk back," he yelled out.

"Maybe I wont go back," she yelled back at him.

"IF I GET RAPED BY FANGIRLS IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT!"

Kat got up, "I'm not getting back on the bus. If Kyra decided she wants to rape you, I don't want to be there,” she said, as she caught up with him, "I hate you."

"Aw, I knew you'd come back," He said pulling her close with his arm.

"I’m only here because Kyra would kill me if I let a fan girl rape you."

"Aww," Mikey pouted, "I feel unloved."

"Oh you know I did it for you too. Someone has to protect you from the raping teenies," Kay teased.

"I can’t help it if they want to rape me."

"You know you like it. So how is Kyra holding up?"

"She seems...happy"

"That’s good," Kat smiled.

"Yeah, it is. What are you going to do about shorty?"

"Nothing. I'm not even getting back on the bus."

"Kat, don’t be stupid. You're getting on that bus"

"Who's going to make me?"

"So what happens when we're done here? We're just leaving you?”

"I don't know Mikey, I'm just confused."

"You know we're leaving tonight? So that’s like in 14 hours?"

"What do you think Kyra and Frank are talking about?"

"You...and me.”

"I know that I mean, do you think its good things or bad things?"

"Well...I don’t know. Both. Or maybe they're wondering what we're talking about.”

"Do you think Kyra can really knock some sense in to him?"

"That girl can do anything when she wants to."

"That is true."

After walking along and talking, they could see the bus in the distance. "Look who's waiting for you," Mikey said, pointing out Frank who was leaning against the bus

"If this ends badly I'm blaming you."

"How is it my fault?"

"You made me come back."

"No I didn’t. I’m not the one in control of your legs. You made the choice yourself," he said, disappearing onto the bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
In two chapters time, we welcome drama.
Please make it feel welcome.