Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

Now Drink Your Coffee.

Positive. Her eyes darted across the word again and again, confirming her worst fear. After feeling tired and nauseous for the past two weeks, not to mention being over a week late in her period, she forced herself to take the test. And it came back with the result she was not wanting to see. Positive. Making her pregnant, knocked up, got a bun in the oven. Whatever you wanted to call it didn’t matter, at the end of the day she was having a baby.

“Shit, shit, shit,” She muttered, running her hands through her hair.

It’s not that she didn’t want to have children, she honestly did. But not like this. Not knowing who the father was was not on her list of things to worry about. If she had it her way then she would know exactly who it belonged to. None of this Mikey or Gerard business.

Kyra unlocked the cubicle door and rushed out of the public toilets, deliberately leaving the test behind. She didn’t need anyone to know about this. That she could be carrying the child prodigy of a one Michael James Way or the spawn of the devil himself, Gerard Arthur Way. At least not just yet.

She went into the nearby Starbucks and ordered coffee for everyone, like she was originally asked to. Kyra stood there waiting, wondering how she was going to cope with a baby. She could barely look after herself, let alone another human being needing to be looked after by her. Her mind drifted back to the plant she had bought years ago and how it only managed to live for three days before it died, most likely because Kyra forgot to water it.

Walking back from the coffee shop, with the seven coffees in portable trays, she kept her head down while thinking deeper into what she had just learnt. Kyra got back to the bus a short while after where she distributed the drinks.

“Here you go Kat,” She said, handing a coffee to her, “Where’s Mike? He usually comes running for coffee.”

“Thanks. He’s in the backroom, trying his hand at writing songs,” Kat chuckled.

A small smile appeared on Kyra’s face as she went down to the backroom. She opened up the door, peeking her head in to see him attempting to be deep in thought. Kyra smiled at his cuteness and went in.

“Just the person I wanted to see,” Mikey said, once he saw her come in, “Come in and shut the door.”

Kyra did as she was told and shut the door before sitting down next to him. He thanked her once she handed him to the coffee and he smiled at her while she sipped her coffee.

“What are you smiling at?” She asked.

“Nothing,” He smirked, “Just how pretty you are.”

“Oh shush. Now drink your coffee,” Kyra blushed.

“Actually I have something to give you,” Mikey said, searching in his pockets.

“If it's a song written by you then I don’t want it. Your songs suck,” She laughed.

“No, it’s not that. I think you’ll want this,” He chuckled.

“Oh, is it some tape? We can tape Gerard’s mouth shut!”

“No, it’s not that. Catch,” Mikey said throwing something at her.

“Damn. Just when I thought we could silence him,” She chuckled, catching the box and opening it, “Mikey…”

Inside was a small silver ring. She looked up from the ring and up at him, her mouth agape. He looked at her with a grin on his face.

“So marry me?” He shrugged.

“Of course! Yes!” Kyra squealed.

Mikey smiled and took the ring off of her but returned it by sliding it onto her ring finger on her left hand. Their lips then met which was followed by a hug. Kyra hugged him thinking about how her life is about to change, how everything is about to change and how she would cope being a wife let alone a mother.
♠ ♠ ♠
A baby and a marriage proposal?
Oh my :O
Who do you think the baby belongs to?
And is it a boy or a girl?
There may be another update today but don't hold your breath.
Thoughts?