Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

Marriage, A Word? Or A Death Sentence?

After ringing Mikey’s parents and informing his mother of their decision to get engaged, which was warmly met, they decided it was time to tell the other living souls on the bus.

“Can’t we just not tell them and see how long it takes them to notice,” Kyra asked, holding on to her boyfriend fiancé’s sleeve while he peeked out the door.

“We can’t just not tell them Ky. My brother is out there and your best friend is out there,” He mumbled, closing the door carefully.

“Your point?”

“Well don’t you think they should know?”

“But I don’t want to. What will they say?” She blushed, looking down.

“Aw, don’t tell me the idea of becoming Kyra Way has pushed Kyra Murdoch into the shadows because that isn’t the girl I want to marry,” He said, cupping her face and lightly kissing her.

She pulled away and smiled, “C’mon.”

Kyra took his hand with her right hand while hiding her left hand in her pocket and together they walked back out to the front of the bus. The rest of the band and Kat were sitting in the booth playing poker, with Skittles as their choice of currency, when Mikey and Kyra stopped in front of the table.

“So Kyra has something to tell you,” Mikey grinned.

“No, Mikey has something to tell you,” She smirked.

“Will someone just tell us already?” Gerard sighed, dealing the cards.

“Yeah, what’s going on?” Ray added.

“Well,” Kyra smiled looking up at Mikey, “We’re getting married.”

“OH MY GOD! KYRA!” Kat squealed.

Everyone covered their ears to stop the high pitched squeals from hurting their ears. Kat leaned across Frank and pulled Kyra into a hug. The air was soon filled with well wishes and congratulations from their friends.

“Let’s see the ring!” Kat demanded, pulling on Kyra’s arm.

Kyra took her arm out of her pocket and put it near her friend, who admired the ring on her finger. Gerard mumbled a few inaudible things under his breath as Frank munched on a few Skittles.

“Kyra’s pregnant, isn’t she? That’s the only reason why you’re getting married right?” Frank asked casually.

Gerard stopped shuffling the cards out of shock, hoping that she wasn’t. Kyra knew that she was. She could hear the little voice inside of her mind screaming out to let the whole world know of the child on the way.

“No, of course not! There’s time for that later,” Mikey smiled, kissing his fiancée on the cheek.

“I’m just saying,” Frank muttered.

“Oh please Frank. If I was pregnant, I’d totally tell you guys,” Kyra said in an attempt to throw them off the trail.

“I think it’d be cool if you were pregnant. I mean that kid would be super cute. Plus you’re getting married,” Ray smiled.

“Super cute? Ray do you hear yourself talking?” Gerard said getting up, “Marriage is just a word to some. To others, it’s a death sentence.”

And with those words, Gerard walked off to the bunks. Mikey and Kyra shrugged and squished into the booth next to Bob.

“Ray is right though. Our kids would be super cute all because of you,” Mikey cooed in her ear.

She blushed and chuckled while looking down at her lap.

“Oh great. At this rate, there will be a baby soon,” Kat chuckled.

“I think it’d be great,” Mikey said, kissing Kyra softly.

Maybe being pregnant isn’t such a bad thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
If I get three more comments today, I'll post my super long chapter that I've done (:
And trust me. It's super long.
Thoughts?