Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

Never Say, "Who's There?"

Kat stayed with her friend in New York for a month and a half, only leaving her when she felt Kyra was fine to be by herself. Over that month and a half, Kyra had collected all of her belongings from her shared house with Mikey, moved into an apartment and created the baby’s nursery with help from Kat.

The pregnant blonde was sitting on her sofa, with one her usual large tubs of ice cream while watching a late night scary movie for the thirteenth night in a row. It had become some what of a tradition to sit around in a dimly lit room, eating ice cream and watch a movie while wondering what was happening on tour.

"Who’s there?"

“Never say ‘who’s there?’. Don’t you watch scary movies? It’s a death wish. You might as well come out to investigate a strange noise or something.”


Kyra sat there, watching when a young Drew Barrymore shouldn’t have answered the phone in ‘Scream’. She’d seen it a million times before but the movie still freaked her out. Casey’s parents had just discovered their daughter’s body when the phone beside Kyra rang.

She jumped a bit due to the circumstances from the film and cautiously reached for the phone, holding it to her ear.

“H-H-H-Hello?” Kyra asked, hoping that there wasn’t some psychopath on the other end.

“KYRA! GUESS WHAT!” Her friend’s familiar voice yelled over the line.

Kyra gave a sigh of relief and a chuckle, “Oh hey Kat. What am I guessing?”

“FRANK PROPOSED!”

“What? That’s fantastic!” Kyra squealed into the phone.

“I know! I didn’t expect it at all! But we’ve got so much to do before the wedding. Kyra, be my maid of honour?”

“Of course!”

“This is so exciting! I-Oh hey, I gotta go. We’re all going out but I’ll call you when we get back, okay?”

“Yeah, sure. Tell Frank I said congratulations,” Kyra said happily.

“Will do. Bye!”

Then dial tone met Kyra’s ear. She slowly put the phone down on the table top beside her. The spoon in her hand dug around in the nearly empty ice cream container. Even though she was full of ice cream and a baby, Kyra felt a touch of emptiness.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah, im watching scream.
next chapter there is a jump ;)
exam went well everyone!