Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

This Isn't A Joke.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were pregnant?” He yelled.

“Mike, I’m-”

“Don’t you dare say you’re sorry! It was my baby too!”

“W-Was?” She choked out.


Her eyes opened and were met with the clean white surroundings of the room. She scrunched her eyes closed, almost blinded by the colour of the room. Kyra reopened them a short while after, looking around to identify where she was. This wasn’t backstage. This wasn’t where she last remembered being. Her eyes glanced down to see the white blankets that matched the gown she had on. She went to sit up but was restricted by the sharp pain coming her pelvis.

She mumbled a few incoherent words, mainly profanities, under her breath about the pain before noticing Kat, who was sitting in a chair with what appeared to be a stuffy nose caused from crying.

“Kat…What’s going on?” Kyra asked.

“Ky…I’m so sorry. The baby-”

“What about the baby? It’s okay right? Kat?”

Kat shook her head softly, “I’m sorry.”

“You’re playing some sort of joke on me? Kat, this isn’t funny!”

“This isn’t a joke Kyra!”

“No, you’re lying,” Kyra accused.

“I wish I was Ky! But I’m not. The baby…it’s gone.”

Kyra shook her head in disbelief. Although she partly wished for something like this to happen when she first found out about the pregnancy, but over the last week she was actually looking forward to having the baby.

“Mike’s on his way,” Kat said softly.

“Get out,” Kyra said sternly, crossing her arms.

“What?”

“You heard me. Get the fuck out. This is all your fault. If I hadn’t of listened to you and gone along with your stupid plan, I’d still have a baby and Mikey.”

“Ky, I’m sorry but you still have Mikey. This isn’t going to make him fall out of love with you. He really loves-”

“Can you just get the fuck out? I never want to see you again.”

“But-”

“Leave. Now,” Kyra ordered, pointing at the door.

“Okay,” she croaked out, about to start crying.

Kyra watched as she slowly dragged her feet out the door, closing it behind her. She rolled onto her side and let a single tear escape the corner of her eye.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no!
What's going to happen now?
Let's say five for the next one?