Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

No! Not Johnny!

Elliot and Max stumbled in a few hours later, collapsing into their bunks. The buses started to leave for the next venue and Kyra was still awake. She stayed awake til morning, dressing herself in layers of clothes as usual and getting of the bus once the bus stopped, going over and knocking on MCR's bus door.

Kat came to the door, James on her hip, seeing as the guys were still asleep, "Can I help you?" She asked, stepping out side so she didn't wake anyone.

Kyra looked at Kat, then at Jamie before returning her eyes to the ground, "Err...hi?" She said, rubbing her arm.

"Hi," Kat said watching Kyra closely, trying to see if she was sober.

"How are you?" She asked softly, trying to make conversation.

"Do you want the truth? Or a lie?" Kat asked taking a seat on the ground and feeding James the bottle she had made right before Kyra got there.

"Both," Kyra said, standing.

"Well a lie would be I'm great, loving life." Kat sighed, "The truth would be, I am starting to fucking hate it here, my marriage might possibly be falling apart, the bus is a mess, I lost my best friend, I'm never in a good mood because I am always tired and the only person who cares to listen is Pete," Kat paused for a moment to burp James, "How are you?"

Kyra was about to say she was great or good but didn't, "Neutral. Not bad, not good."

Kat nodded trying to soothe James, he had started to cry again, "So what are you up so early for?" Kat asked once the child had stopped walling.

"I-I-I thought I'd," Kyra said, pointing vaguely at the bus.

"You'd what?" Kat asked, not sure of what Kyra meant by the pointing.

"I-I-I-I-I don't know," she answered, looking away.

"Let me guess. They told you I was going to call Pete and you've come to stop me right?"

"No, it's not like that."

"Then what is it like?"

"I-I-I was just," she pointed again, "Forget it. It's not like he would want to see me anyway."

"If you mean Mikey, then yes he would probably love to see you. Do you want me to wake him up? It’s his shift for James anyway."

"Oh...er...no. I should probably just go," Kyra muttered.

When Kyra said that the child in Kat’s arms started to cry, "Ky, I cant just let you leave. Do you see what you are doing to poor James?"

"Okay, I guess...I can stay...for a little bit."

"You should. Do you want James? While I go wake up Mikey?" Kat asked, watching Ky closely.

"Oh...I couldn't...No, I shouldn't," Kyra said shaking her head.

Kat nodded, all the while think to herself what kind of mother doesn't want to hold their son, "Do you just want us to hang, or do you need one of the guys?" Kat asked, thinking maybe she shouldn't wake Mikey.

"I'm sorry we haven't hung out in a while. I really am," Kyra muttered, looking at her shoes.

"It’s fine, what’s new?"

"Kat, you know I do want to hang out but I-I-I don't think I should. It's not you, it's me but once I figure my mind out we'll hang?"

"Yeah, whatever Ky, just um try and do it soon. I'm not really ready to be a full time mom," Kat said, letting the sadness she felt for James and Mikey come into her voice.

"I'm sorry. Can you maybe go get Mike?"

"Yeah," Kat said, walking back on to the bus, setting James down in his jumper, "Mikey, get up its your shift and Ky is out side," Kat yelled from the kitchen.

Kyra kicked a few stones around weakly before slouching against the bus waiting for him.

Mikey got out of his bunk, kissed James on his head, and took the coffee cup Kat handed him, before walking out the door to see Ky slouching by the bus.

Kyra straightened up once she saw him, fixing her top hoodie so you couldn't see the others, "Hey," she said softly.

"Hey."

Kyra was unsure of what to say or do, "I-I-I'm sorry."

Mikey sighed, "Ky, honestly it’s fine. We're all just very worried about you."

"No, it's not fine Mike. I've been horrible to you all. A bad friend, a bad girlfriend and a bad mother," she said muttering the last part.

"Yeah you really have been, but you're here now talking to me, so that must mean you want some help, right?"

"I don't know what I want anymore," she shrugged.

"Ky, why aren’t you spending time with our son?" Mikey asked, wondering if Kat kept him away from Kyra.

"Because, if he's not near me he wont get fucked up like me," she told him, sliding down against the bus to sit down.

"What? That’s crazy. Why would you say that? He is your son."

"Because I don't want him to end up like me."

"Kyra, he won’t end up like anything because there is nothing wrong with you. You know he really misses you."

She huddled her legs up to her chest as she was cold. "Who would miss me? No one."

"I miss you, your son misses you and the bat misses you too. Is that enough people or should I keep naming them?"

"Just stop," she sighed.

"Why?"

"Because I've already let enough people down. I don't need to let anymore down."

"Well then stop letting people down and do what’s right for your child and no one else. Be the mom you where destined to be," Mikey sighed, "Ky, are we still together?"

She thought for a moment, "Last time I checked we were."

"Me too, but I hadn't seen you in three weeks so I didn't know if you were still mine or not."

"Of course I'm still yours," she half smiled.

"Stay on the bus with us tonight?"

She gave a weak nod and said "Okay."

"You know that means no drinking, right?"

"I didn't drink last night, thank you very much."

"I know just making sure you know the rules."

"I think I know, considering I helped make them."

Mikey nodded, not wanting to fight, "Well I have to go in for a sec and get James. I was supposed to take him a half hour ago, want to walk in?"

Kyra shook her head, "I'll wait here," she said not knowing if she had enough energy to get up just like that.

Mikey walked on the bus, to find Kat and James both sleeping on the couch, not wanting to wake them he walked back out to bus doors.

Kyra had managed to get up, holding one hand against the bus for support.

"You okay?" Mikey asked, noticing she didn't look well.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine," she nodded.

"You sure? You look a little pale."

"I'm fine," she muttered.

"Do you want to walk inside? It’s a lot cooler."

Even with the three hoodies, four tees and jeans on she was still cold even outside. She didn't really want to go in but said "Okay" anyway.

"Are you sure I mean we can stay out here if you want?" Mikey told her noticing her hesitation.

"No, no. You want to go in so let's go in," she said taking a few small steps

Mikey nodded following Kyra inside. Kyra nearly stumbled back from the strong smell of coffee coming from inside. She quickly sat down, as she wouldn't faint from the sickening smell.

"Kyra, what’s wrong? Are you okay?" Mikey asked, rushing to her side.

"Nothing. It's just the smell. Haven't smelt coffee this strong in a while."

"Yeah you know how Kat is. She likes it like Gee does."

She gave one of her best fake smiles and nodded, cursing Gerard in her mind.

"So I take it you don't want a glass then?" Mikey asked walking over to Kat and waking her up, so they would have a place to sit. Once Kat was up her and James both went back to the bunk area.

She shook her head and politely said "No thank you"

Mikey nodded taking a seat on the couch.

Kyra sat down next to him, looking around the bus

"So what’s new?"

"Mm nothing. Just media, press interviews."

"Can I ask you, what the pills were Kat says she found in your bunk?"

Kyra bit her bottom lip, "I don't know," she muttered, looking at the ground.

"You don't know what they where? Where you taking them?"

"Not really, I only took a few."

"Who gave them to you?"

"No one."

"So how did you get them?"

"I just found them. It was stupid, I know."

"Yeah it was, please promise me no more pills or drinking."

"Okay," she said softly, "I promise."

"Thank you, want something to eat?"

Kyra shook her head, declining again.

"I will be right back," Mikey told Kyra, hearing James start to cry.

She nodded, playing with the sleeves on her hoodie

Mikey came back in to the room with James, "want to hold him?"

"O-Oh no. I-I-I don't want to drop him."

Mikey didn't say anything, he just sat James in his jumper and went to the kitchen to make a bottle.

Kyra looked at the baby who was curiously watching her from the jumper. She gave a hard smile, revealing all of her teeth which caused the baby to giggle.

"See? Told you he missed you," Mikey said, setting down the bottle thinking maybe he wasn't hungry.

"Maybe.”

"There is no maybe. He loves and misses you. We all do."

She gave a simple nod.

"Do you have press or anything today?

"Uh, probably. If I do, the guys will be out looking for me soon."

Mikey nodded, not really sure what to say. It was kind of weird talking to Kyra again after three weeks of no contact.

They sat in silence for a while, Kyra was about to speak when Elliot and Max burst into the bus, "There she is! I told you she would be here," Elliot told Max.

"No you didn't," Max replied.

"Yeah I did, unlike you who thought she was out getting Taco Bell."

"Shut up! Ky we got press."

Kyra paused for a moment, about to get up but then sat back down, "No. I'm not going. I'm staying here today."

Mikey looked at her with a shocked expression on his face, while feeding James who ended up being hungry after all.

"But Ky-" Max went to say.

"No. I'm not going."

"Pete organised this one but," Elliot said.

"I don't care. You two go. I'm not going anywhere."

Mikey was looking around the bus as Kat came running in to the front room, smile on her face.

"Ky, are you sure you can stay here, wont you piss Pete off?" Mikey asked Ky.

"Probably," she nodded.

"Why are they here?" Kat asked, pointing at the two boys from Tiffany Chaos.

"Kat now's not the time to ask that. Ky, can you afford to piss Pete off by missing this press thing?"

"Probably not but I'm staying here."

"Hi Kat," Elliot grinned and waved excitedly.

"Hi!" She replied, jumping up and down.

"Kyra, as much as I want you to stay, I think you should okay this with Pete," Mikey said.

Kyra shook her head, "I don't care. You guys are more important."

"Kyra! We're on freaking MTV! How is that not important?" Max told her.

"Kyra, Pete says stop fussing. He doesn't care if you stay with us or go," Kat said shutting her phone.

"Have you been texting him this whole time?" Mikey asked Kat, who was staring at Ky, waiting on her to answer Max.

Kyra went to reply when Max cut her off, "You know what? Just forget it. C'mon Elliot. Let's leave the happy fucking family to go spend time with fans," he said storming out, slightly angry.

"Sorry," Elliot mouthed, following his friend.

"What crawled up his ass?" Kat commented going to the kitchen.

"So what does make us more important than them and the fans?" Mikey asked, still curious.

"Everything," she lightly smiled.

"Kat, I want one too!." Mikey yelled, realizing she was making a sandwich, "Should we watch a movie?"

"Okay," Kyra nodded.

"The bad news is, Kat broke Edward Scissorhands. Her and James had some late nights so you will have to pick something else," Mikey lied.

Kyra's jaw dropped, "No! Not Johnny!"

"Kyra, don't let him lie you. I didn't brake the movie. He did. Something about missing you and that movie," Kat yelled from the kitchen, smirking.

Kyra turned and faced Mikey, "What did you do?"

"Nothing, I swear! Other than go to sleep on the couch watching the movie. It’s the only thing I have watched in three long weeks. I will buy you a new one. And Kat, don't expect a good Christmas gift this year, you traitor."

"It's okay. You don't have to buy me a new one. Let's just watch something else."

"Yeah I kind of do, I broke yours and Kat’s copy. So will you settle for Sweeney Todd?"

"Mm, okay."

Mikey went and laid Jamie down for a nap before returning with the DVD in his hand.

Kyra watched him put it in. He came back over to the sofa and she laid against him, falling asleep barely 15 minutes in considering she hadn't slept since two days ago.

"Kat, are you finished making them yet?" Mikey asked, watching Kyra sleep. He was so happy to have her there.

Kyra slept for the rest of the day, not even waking when the guys were loud.

"I knew she'd come good," Gerard said, sitting down at the table.

"I don't know what you said to her, but I think it worked," Mikey told Gerard, while kind of glaring at him and Kat for wanting to send her away to rehab.

"What can I say? I'm a born talker," Gerard said proudly, "She's tiny though," he told his brother while putting his mug in the kitchen.

"What do you mean tiny?" Mikey asked, looking over Kyra.

"Well look at her hands. They look more longer and bony or whatever. Doesn't she feel light against you?”

"Yeah, kinda. But what does this mean?"

Gerard shrugged, "I don't know."

"You know, she has been here all day and she hasn’t eaten a thing. When does she go on stage?"

"Soon, she's probably not hungry though. She'll eat when she's hungry."

"I just wanted to know if I should wake her. I hope she does."

"I wonder who is smaller in your relationship? Ky? Or you?" Gerard laughed.

"Umm I don't know, Ky used to weigh more than me."

"Pfft. Was that when she was pregnant? If you're counting when she was pregnant then that's cheating considering she had a whole other person inside of her. There is no way in hell you were ever lighter than her."

"Fine. So what I cheated? What does that mean?"

Gerard shook his head chuckling, "I knew you were cheating," Gerard walked off to his bunk to get ready for the show.

Mikey lightly shook Kyra, hoping to wake her.

Kyra woke up slowly, pinching the bridge of her nose while her eyes adjusted to the light, "Oh man, did I miss the best part?" She asked.

"Ky, you need to go to your bus and get ready. You’re due on stage soon."

"Okay," she muttered, sitting up.

Mikey walked to the back to find Kat, he wanted to ask her a question.
♠ ♠ ♠
TWO LEFT!