Status: Complete! Sequel is up!

Prove It

Not Anymore

"That's cheap, Camry!" Fernando yelled from across the living room. I was actually astonished all these people could fit into my apartment period, much less only the kitchen and living room. It's tiny.
"It's resourceful, not cheap," I retorted.
He only rolled his eyes, and disappeared behind everyone.
Cristiano turned to me and said, "I'll be right back, now that I'm done hiding you."
I smiled. "Okay. Tootles."
He smiled, shaking his head, and disappeared out the door.
Ten minutes later, Cristiano still wasn’t back. I wasn't completely sure he hadn't left already, but I knew he wouldn't leave so suddenly at my own party. I decided not to think too much about it and went to talk to Caine and Rob some more. I headed over but was stopped by Fernando on my way.
"Could I talk to you?" He asked, holding my arm.
I smiled and nodded, following him out to the front of the apartment, in front of the door.
I turned to look at him but instead of him talking he kissed me. It took me much longer than it shoulder have to process that, and when I did I pushed him away.
"What are you doing?" I heard from the open doorway. I turned to look and saw Cristiano, staring at us with the saddest expression I've ever seen on anyone's face ever.
"Cristiano, don't-"
His stare silenced me almost immediately.
"Please don't..." I trailed off.
He only turned and walked out the door, leaving me with Fernando standing there. I glanced at him, realizing I had tears running down my cheeks. "I hate you." I whispered.
"Camry-"
"Leave me alone," I said disappearing out the door, to see Cristiano's red Porsche pulling out of the parking lot.
I heard a crinkle of paper and looked down to see a white envelope with messy red handwriting on it, reading 'Camry. Happy Birthday. Love, Cristiano.'
I bent down and picked it up before tearing open the side. Two small rectangles of paper fell out, both of which I caught before they hit the ground. I read what they said before choking on some more tears. '3OH!3 feat. Cobra Starship', the titles read. The date was in six weeks from today. I put them in my pocket and started the long walk to the nearest park, crying all the way.

When I arrived at home two hours later, the apartment was empty and surprisingly cleaned up. I tossed the tickets onto the kitchen table, then threw myself on my bed and went to sleep.

The next day I was at the park again, in the swing from the previous day. I sat for a few minutes before someone started swinging beside me.
"Camry, please don't be mad," Fernando said quietly.
"Don't even try to pull that, Fernando. I can't believe you'd do something like that!" I hissed.
"I know, and I'm sorry!" He said.
"No you're not. Don't bother. Just leave me alone, don't talk to me anywhere but on the pitch," I said, getting up and walking back home.

It was two weeks since the party. Two weeks that I hadn't done anything with my time. I had to spend Christmas by myself, other than talking a few minutes with my parents and a little longer with Caine and Rob.
I had just finished folding clothes for the seventh time when the doorbell rang. I dropped the shirt I was folding on the bed and went to the answer it.
I slowly opened the door and was completely shocked to see Cristiano. I only looked at him for a minute, trying to make sure it was really him.
"Can I come in?" He asked. I stepped aside and followed him to the living room. I sat down across from him on the couch and faced him. "Fernando talked to me," he said quietly.
I only nodded.
"He told me what really happened."
I glanced at him, trying to see what he was thinking. "Did you believe him?"
He was silent for a minute before slowly nodding. "I think so."
"So you're not mad at me anymore?" I asked.
He smiled and shook his head. "I guess not."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry I took so long! Don't be mad :[ Three comments!