Status: Finished.

Don’t Forget To Take A Breath Before You Fall

Beauty In The Breakdown

The boys had been playing card games in the lounge with Frankie when they had gotten back from dinner when their sister, Katherine and her boyfriend, Damien ran out on them. Their parents were already alseep, and now, Frankie was sound asleep, his head resting on Kevin’s shoulder.

It was now exactly tweleve thirty-four, midnight.

The door of the Jonas’ large tour bus belted open, making Kevin’s, Joe’s and Nick’s head turn immediately, all shocked and surprised to see Katherine soaked from the rain, head hung low and makeup smeared.

Nick was the first to recover, and jogged over to her, helping her back onto the bus.

“I’m so sorry,” she said suddenly, wrapping her arms around her younger brother, who automatically hugged back. “I was so stupid.”

“You’re not stupid, Kat,” he said calmly.

“He only wanted it – I fell too hard for him,” she sniffed, and walked over to Kevin and Joe where Nick joined them.

“Kat – what happened?” Nick demanded.

Katherine sniffed and shook her head as another tear ran down her cheek. “You were all right, okay?” she said, looking at her brothers. “I was wrong – it was a huge mistake.”

Nick pulled her over to the couch and made room for her to sit where he and his brothers were playing before. They were all shocked and confused why she was crying. Not once, they had ever seen her cry like this, and they thought the hate mail was the worst the crying could get.

Katherine sat down, continuely sobbing. She tucked her legs under her bottom and leaned on Nick as he wrapped a supportive arm around her shoulder.

“What did he do?” Joe asked. His voice was quiet and low, filled with concern.

“You were right, Joe,” she sniffed. “I should have been more careful. He was just another one of those guys, and I truly thought he was a good person. I thought I could-”

She couldn’t continue, because the next word was something definitely very huge, and it was something very hard to gain from Katherine. Now, it’d only just be harder.

“You thought you could what?” Joe urged her to go on.

Katherine hestitated. “I thought I could trust him,” she managed to get out. “I thought I could trust him,” she whispered to herself. “Really, I thought I could.”

“Shh,” Kevin hushed. “It’s okay.”

“Did he dump you?” Nick asked.

Katherine shook her head. “Nope, and as weird as it sounds, we’re still together.” It was true, they hadn’t broken up yet.

“Did you guys fight?”

“Did he cheat on you?”

Katherine shook her head for what felt like the hundreth time within the span of five minutes. “No,” she said. “Damien and I would never fight. He would be really sweet and just agree with everything I wanted or thought, and he’d never cheat on me. He. Only. Wanted. Me.” The last four words come out bitterley.

“What’s that suppose to mean?” Joe asked, referring to her tone in the last sentence.

“He… I… Uh…” Katherine was deciding if she should tell her brothers what had just happened to her. “I don’t know,” she said finally.

Kevin raised on eyebrow. “What do you mean, ‘you don’t know’?”

Katherine sniffed and looked up and her brothers. “If I tell you, you promise me to not tell anyone or lose your respect for me, and to not go kill Damien even though I would like to do so myself now?”

Their jaws dropped, jumping to the worst conclusion.

“Did he…?”

“Rape you?”

“Did you have…?”

Katherine shook her head.

“Okay, we promise then,” Joe said.

Katherine took a deep breath before she spoke again. “Well…” she began. And she told her brothers everything, from when she first met him at the signing, and at the park the day Joe pulled the prank on her to her and Damien ran out on dinner to his apartment where the actions that were made.

Joe was about to speak but Katherine didn’t notice his lips were about to move because of the large amount of tears that filled up her eyes. Experiencing it was already bad enough as having to talk about it all over again. It was exactly like reliving the bloodcurdling moment all over again.

Katherine didn’t care about her brothers’ actions at all, because at that very moment she wanted to get something off her shoulders that had been bugging her the whole night.

“I’m so sorry that I said I hated you,” she apologised. “I didn’t mean a single word at the time. I’ve realised how much Damien changed me for the worse. I guess I got too caught up with him. I love you all and I’m proud to have you as my brothers.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the crappy ending of this chapter. Thoughts? And comments?