Status: Finished.

Don’t Forget To Take A Breath Before You Fall

We Need You

Three days. Twelve hours and twenty eight minutes.

Nick glanced at his watch again, twenty nine minutes now. He couldn’t get Kat out of his mind. Of course neither could Joe, Kevin, Denise or Paul, but they weren’t counting down the minutes that she had been missing. Nick’s eyes were all puffy from crying, and he couldn’t understand why his older brothers weren’t crying as well. Their sister was missing, and after seeing her the last night, his heart literally broke in two.

He stood from the couch in his dressing room and pounded his fists against the brick wall in anger. He could have stopped this. He could have said no the Kat going for a walk.

The tears were flowing freely down the sixteen year olds cheeks by now, and as blood began to trickle down his fists, Joe ran into the room. “Nick stop!” His words didn’t help Nick. And as he began to hit his fists harder against the wall, Joe grabbed his younger brother, and held him tight against his chest.

Kevin entered the room, and stood bewildered at the sight in front of him. His younger brother, with blood all over his hands was crying into Joe’s chest. “That isn’t going to help anyone Nick… let alone Kat.”

The middle child was wise for his age. Nick’s anger wasn’t going to help anyone. The young boy stopped crying for a moment and took in the sight of his hands. He chuckled silently, before apologizing and walking over towards the sink, washing off the blood.

“I just cannot believe we saw her… and let her slip away just like that.” He shook his head, leaning over the sink.

“It’s not your fault Nick. You didn’t know.” Kevin was wrong in Nick’s opinion.

“I DID KNOW KEVIN!” Nick spun around to glare at his oldest brother. “I recognized her eyes… I thought it was her… but I –I just ignored it…” Nick punched the wall for what seemed like the tenth.

“There was nothing we could do…” Just as Joe spoke, Denise and Paul entered the room.

“What do you mean you saw her?” Denise’s eyes were just as red as Nick’s. She had been crying non-stop since the disappearance of her daughter- any mother would be crying non stop.

Nick explained it all to his mom, how he saw a person who looked exactly like Kat. By the end of it all, his mother was distraught. “We need to call the police.”

And they did. Within hours, Nick had been questioned several times over along with his brothers, even a sketch artist was brought in. They needed to get her back.

[Don’t Forget To Take a Breath before You Fall]

The room was pitch black again. Nothing new. Kat had calculated that she had been her for about three days. Only being allowed out to see her brothers last night. They didn’t seem there selves at all. Her eyes had locked with Nicks, and she prayed that he would recognize her. But nothing. He simply smiled and moved on to the next fan.

She wanted to give up. She had been tortured numerous times already. Her faced was covered in dry blood. Nothing seemed worth it anymore, except for her brothers. She had to get through this for them. She needed them as much as what they needed her.

The door of the room opened, allowing a small amount of light to shine in. The older and more rusty looking man entered.

“Take a look at this my dear.” He smirked, and Kat could tell he was pissed.

The man flicked on the television that sat in the corner of the room. The daily news came on, and there she was.

“Latest reports of missing Pop sensation Katherine May Jonas suggest that she was last seen at approximately 10pm last night. Nick Jonas, Katherine’s younger brother claims that he saw the seventeen year old; the only difference was that her hair was cut to suit that of a boy’s appearance.” An image flashed to the screen of what Kat now looked like, Nick had a good eye for detail. “If any one has any information regarding the disappearance of Katherine May Jonas, please contact crime stoppers.” The old man flicked the TV off.

“I think we should call your brothers.” He smirked, and Kat felt her heart sink.

Three rings was all it took before someone answered. Katherine prayed that it was anyone but Nick, she could tell he was taking it the hardest. “Hello?” It was Nick.

“Hello… is this the Jonas’s?” The man Kat came to call Ron asked her younger brother.

“Yes this is… who’s speaking?”

“Ah my name is Thomas.” Ron said, smirking at Katherine.

“How can I help you Thomas?” Nick’s voice cracked.

“I just wanted to let you know that you got the image of your sister perfect. I mean that cut above her left eye she only got that yesterday morning… well done my boy.” Kat heard Nick gasp.

“You-You… have m-my sister?”

“I do indeed my boy… and might I tell you she isn’t looking very well.”

“Shit just give her back to us… please?” He began to beg. This wasn’t the Nick she knew.

Katherine found tears falling from her eyes, and as Ron pulled the tape of her mouth, she gasped a huge breath of the dirty air that surrounded her. Ron held the phone up towards her ear, and Kat could hear a sobbing Nick.

“Nicky?” She spoke softly to the boy.

“Kat! Kat – oh my god are you ok? Has he hurt you?” Nick was still crying, that much she could tell.

“Nick it’s ok… I’m fine… I love you, and everyone else. Let them know will you.” She couldn’t stop the tears from pouring out of her own eyes, this could very well be the last time she would hear his voice.

“No, NO! Don’t you dare talk like that Kat… we need you.”

She shook her head, and smiled slightly, he was resilient, “It’s ok Nick… I’ll be fine… I love you.”

And with that, Ron hung up the phone, and Katherine burst into tears. She needed her brothers, her mom and her dad, but slowly, she was losing all forms of hope.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter by Kim.