We Both Need to Change

Waking Up

“What do you mean we’ll sleep in the same bed!?” I shouted, “I thought you were going to sleep in the couch?” I said.

He looked up from his laptop once more, “I never said anythin’ ‘bout sleepin’ on the couch,” he told me smirking.

“So… you’re telling me I’m the one who has to sleep on the couch? Oh, what a gentleman,” I said in sarcasm.

He patted the space beside him, “Yeh don’t ‘ave to. Yeh could just sleep ‘ere. Don’t worry I won’t do nothin’,” he said still the smirk on his face.

Oh how I wish I could just rip that smirk off his face and tell him off. I scoffed, “Heck no!” I closed my eye for a moment, let out a deep breath, and then grabbed one of the pillows and started marching out of the room.

“Where yeh goin’?” Oli asked as I made my way out the door.

I turned back, “I’m going to settle up on the couch because someone…won’t be a gentleman and won’t sleep on the couch.” And with that I marched out.

“Well, that someone’s not bein’ a gentlemen only ‘cause he ‘ad to drive for more than five hours, and plus he’s offerin’ to share the bed but someone’s actin’ like a brat – like as if this dude ‘as got some disease or somethin’.” Oli yelled back.

My mouth dropped open, I was being the brat? I forcefully dropped the pillow on the couch. I marched back in the room, “Do you think that sitting shot gun for hours and driving in circles is relaxing? Well you’re wrong pal! It’s fucking nerve wrecking and exhausting!” I told him.

He stood up from the bed and came closer to me. We were inches away from each other now, he was looking down at me as I looked up at him, “Well if tha’s tirin’ how d’yeh think I feel, ei? I mean, yeh’re only the passenger, ‘ow to d’yeh think the driver feels. If yeh don’t exactly feel like a hundred quid then I feel a whole lot worst.” He said smirking.

He was right. He won this one; we just stood there for a good long two minutes just staring at each other. He looked me straight in the eyes- waiting to hear what I would say next, and I just glared at him. My mind freaking out, I couldn’t find anything to say because he was right.

“Goodnight,” I told him, I was about to turn around when he grabbed me by my elbow.

His smirk grew wider, “No good night kiss?” he asked.

I pulled my elbow from his grasp, “In your dreams.” He chuckled as I walked out of the room, a minute later yelling goodnight to me.

I looked up the clock on the wall; half pass ten. I decided to watch TV first before going to sleep. There was nothing good on, all the shows were boring – so I just settled for ‘The Invasion’ starring Nicole Kidman on HBO. To tell you the truth, it wasn’t all that scary; there wasn’t anything bloody in the movie, just a bunch of human-reprogramming viruses.

Half of the movie, when Nicole Kidman was trapped in a somewhat grocery store with her son who’s name happens to be OLI - I turned the TV off. Good thing I took my iPod out of the room before Oli locked the door.

“Hmm… which artist tonight…” I asked myself as I shuffled through the albums, I found Katy Perry’s and decided I’d listen to her tonight because it’s been a while since I listened to her songs.

The first song that played was ‘Waking up in Vegas’ and I fell asleep to that.

Dream:

You gotta help me out
It`s all a blur last night
We need a taxi `cause you`re hung-over and I`m broke
I lost my fake id but you lost the motel key
Spare me your freakin` dirty looks
Now don`t play me
You want to cash out and get the hell out of town


“Oli are you sure? This is all what we have left,” I told him, we were both staring at the slot machine one coin in hand.

He nodded, “This is our only chance to get ‘ome,” he told me. I looked at him, he was wearing some shiny, sparkling suite and his hair was a mess, I looked at myself and I was wearing a purple sparkly cocktail dress.

He stepped closer to the machine, dropped the coin in and pushed down the handle. We crossed our fingers, hoping we’d at least win something.

SEVEN, SEVEN, SEVEN

Don`t be a baby
Remember what you told me
Shut up and put your money where your mouth is
That`s what you get for waking up in Vegas
Get up and shake the glitter off your clothes, now
That`s what you get for waking up in Vegas


He places our chips on number 17, the woman spins the wheel. The ball lands on the number 17 – we win.

“We win?” I asked in disbelief.

Oli grabs my shoulders and faces me to him, “We won Kace!!! We won!!!”

We grab the money, he kisses me... We bet some more, then win again. We check-in a nice hotel, go shopping, party and have a fuckin’ blast.

Why are these lights so bright
Oh, did we get hitched last night, dressed up like Elvis,
And why, why am I wearing your class ring?
Don`t call your mother
`Cause now we`re partners in crime


I’m standing on a pedestal our hands locked.
I look down at my left hand that was intertwined with yours. My ring finger had a ring on - Silver with little diamonds. You beam at me.

“You may kiss the bride,” says the pastor who was dressed like Elvis.

We kiss, and as his lips were pressed against mine, he whispered, “I love yeh,” and then his tongue entered my mouth.

Don`t be a baby
Remember what you told me
Shut up and put your money where your mouth is
That`s what you get for waking up in Vegas
Get up and shake the glitter off your clothes, now
That`s what you get for waking up in Vegas

You got me into this
Information overload, situation lost control
Send out an S.O.S.
And get some cash out
We`re gonna tear up the town

Don`t be a baby
Remember what you told me (x3)
Told me, you told me, you told me
Shut up and put your money where your mouth is
That`s what you get for waking up in Vegas
Get up and shake the glitter off your clothes, now
That`s what you get for waking up in Vegas
Shake the glitter, shake, shake, shake the glitter, c`mon!
Give me some cash out baby
Give me some cash out, honey


The money, the hotel suites, the glitter, the confetti, the cars, the diamonds, the food, they spin around me, everything’s so perfect.
I roll the dice, it lands on 20, I look at where are chips are positioned, they’re on 10 – we lose.
Another roll, WE LOOSE again. And again, and again, and again…. No money, no food, no place to stay…

“Oli are you sure? This is all what we have left,” I told him, we were both staring at the slot machine one coin in hand.

He nods and drops the coin, and pushes down the handle.


I wake up, breathing hard and cold sweat dripping on my forehead. I felt weight on my waist. I look down, a tattooed arm rested on my waist. I felt breathing on my neck. Oli’s head was nuzzled on my neck. What happened? Why am I here? Last time I checked I was sleeping on the couch

Oli moved, “Good morning, love.” He whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry if i only got to update now.
i've been suffering writers block.
well i hope you like this chapter.. :D
cliff hanger!! bahaha!! XD