This Heart, It Beats, Beats for Only You

Annoying Dorks

What’s up bloggers? First night of mayhem has everyone running around. Everyone except Queen C. Seems like her majesty is stuck in her royal palace. Don’t worry though C. Three hot pop stars make quite a conciliation prize. Will the first night of mayhem be C-less? Catch you on the beachside bloggers.

Xoxo,
Scenebaby

Spotted

C, M, and Z shopping for mayhem clothes. Could this mean C will be making an appareance? Or will the BFFs be traveling solo?

S and boyfriend A leaving a very angry looking group of BFFs at the mall. C didn’t stop her. Maybe there’s something amiss in the land of the BFFs.

The ever so incredible Jonas Brothers head to C’s home for an old fashioned cookout. Will they be making society appearances too soon?

D stopping by C’s house for a little one on one talk. Possibly asking advice about our BFF M?

---

“I’m not hungry,” Casey told her mom as she passed her a burger. Just looking at it was making her queasy with all the carbs.

Her mom looked at her pointedly. “Paul made this burger,” she said.

“And my dad makes the best burgers around,” Joe grinned, putting the plate down in front of her.

Casey smiled politely at him before looking back at her plate. She sighed, knowing she didn’t really care about carbs. She just didn’t want to eat right now, though she knew she should. She needed something in her stomach to consume the alcohol from the mayhem. Luckily, the boys had agreed to go, which according to her mother’s rules, meant Casey could go too. Unfortunately, Casey and the boys had had to make a deal, inspired by none other than Joe Jonas, the annoying one of the bunch, which had basically been evident from the get go. He was too friendly in Casey’s opinion. He acted as if he had known her all their lives. It was kind of creepy.

Casey sighed and looked at her burger. She picked it up and took a bite, gasping softly. The boys all chuckled as her mom smiled and walked back to the adult’s table. “Told you,” Joe grinned.

I smirked and continued eating. “So what kind of party is it,” Nick asked after a few bites.

Casey sighed, knowing she probably hadn’t explained it well enough. But how was she supposed to explain mayhem? It just was – mayhem.

“It’s like a back to school thing,” she explained. “We do it every year here. And basically, for the week before school starts, we party every night to different themes, drink till we puke our guts out, and dance till our feet give out.” She grinned, remembering the description of mayhem on makeascene.net last year. “There aren’t too many rules for mayhem. It’s basically just: don’t get caught.”

“That’s dumb,” Joe said bluntly.

“What,” Casey asked, taken back. No one ever dissed mayhem. It wasn’t the way things worked around here.

“It just seems like a waste of energy doing the same exact thing every single year,’ he shrugged. “Doesn’t it get boring?”

“Mayhem is tradition,” Casey countered. “Sure we do it every year, but it’s still fun.”

“A tradition you seemed to have started,” he said.

“Me and my friends did, yes,” Casey informed them.

“On your site,” he added.

Casey glared at him. What the hell was he talking about? Like he knew her. “My site?”

“Makeascene.net,” he shrugged. “It’s pretty obvious you’re Scene Baby. Seems kind of conceited if you ask me, dedicating a blog to yourself.”

“Oh really,” she said. “First of all, no one asked you. Second, you couldn’t be more wrong. I’m not Scene Baby. If you had read the site at all you would see that I do not have time to sit around and make some dumb website about myself. And even if I had that time, I still wouldn’t, because it’s stupid. Honestly, do you think having my business all over the web is amusing to me? You think it’s something I strive for?”

“Well seeing as we’re on the web all the time too,” he shrugged. “Fame can be enticing.”

“I do not want that kind of fame,” she crossed her arms, pissed. Who the hell was this guy?

“Okay,” he shrugged, obviously not up for a fight. And Casey would fight. This guy had no right to come in here to judge her life.

She stood up. “I’m going to go get ready.”

They nodded, and continued eating. She heard Nick mumble idiot to Joe as she went back inside. That made her smirk a little, and also like Nick. Obviously it was only Joe who was the annoying one. She was walking up the stairs when the bell rang. It was Drew. “Hey,” she hugged him. Drew had been friends with Casey since they were in kindergarten. And it had always been obvious there would be something between Marisa and Drew. Casey secretly hoped it worked out soon.

“Hey, you busy,” he asked, coming in.

“No, just new neighbors over,” Casey rolled her eyes as she led him into the family room and sat onto the couch. “What’s up?”

He looked down anxiously at his hands. He opened his mouth and closed it several times, as if deciding what to say.

“Spit it out,” Casey laughed. “Don’t have a brain tumor while you’re thinking.”

He smiled slightly. “It’s – it’s Marisa.”

“Oh really,” she smirked, trying to keep her face composed. She knew it.

He groaned. “Case, I don’t know what to do. I mean I think she likes me too, but I can’t be sure. I mean, Marisa was never the adamant dater, so there aren’t really any vibes coming off. And I want to ask her out. But what if she says no, and what if we don’t make it, and it ruins our friendship. I mean, after you, she’s one of my really good friends. And I just don’t know what to do. Help me!”

“Ask her definitely,” Casey told him. He opened his mouth to talk, but Casey cut him off. “She’d say yes. And you guys are like perfect for each other. No way would you end. And even if you did, neither of you are so petty as to let it ruin your friendship. I say go for it – tonight.”

“Really,” he asked, smiling slightly but still anxious.

“Definitely,” she grinned.

He stood and hugged her. “Thanks Case.”

“No problem,” she grinned again.

She walked him to the door. “Are you really not coming tonight then,” he asked.

“I am,” she told him. “My mom said I had to bring the neighbors. And they agreed so I’ll definitely be there.”

“Great,” he smirked. “Mayhem would not be the same without you.”

She laughed, recalling last mayhem. “You just want to see me dance on a table again.” It was safe to say Casey had been beyond drunk that night.

“Dancing on tables,” another voice said from behind her.

“Go away,” she groaned, knowing that voice.

Joe laughed, coming next to her. “Hey, I’m Joe,” he stuck his hand out to Drew, who shook it.

“Drew. Jonas, right?”

“Yeah, you’re a fan,” Joe smirked.

“Nah, my sister is in love with you guys,” he shrugged.

“Fair enough,” Joe laughed as Casey rolled her eyes.

“Are you going to be at this mayhem tonight,” Joe asked.

Drew smirked. “Wouldn’t miss it for the world. I heard you guys are coming too.”

Joe smirked, and put his arm around Casey’s neck. “I wouldn’t miss a chance to see Casey dancing on some tables.”

She rolled her eyes, and moved out from his grip. “Whatever,” she said. “That was a one time thing.”

“Darn,” he snapped his fingers.

“Okay, Drew, you might want to leave so you don’t witness a murder,” Casey said.

Drew laughed. “Alright, see you later man. And thanks Case.”

“He was nice,” Joe observed when he left. “Boyfriend?”

“Best friend,” she said. “My boyfriend’s name is Graham.”

“Maybe I can meet him tonight,” Joe inquired.

“Don’t hold your breath,” she said, walking towards the stairs to go get ready. “Or better yet, maybe you should.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I know this isn’t that great. But I had to get it past some of this. The next chapters will be better :]
How do you guys like the makeascene.net blog at the beginning? It won’t be on every chapter, but maybe every other one? Not sure yet :]
So yeah, comments/feedback/banners anyone?