Status: Active

Road Trip

Motel Jersey, 9:55am, June 2nd 2009

“Right, just to make this clear we’re not kissing or anything are we?” Max asked me, as we were stood with our arms around each other’s waist, just outside the reception of the motel. I burst into laughter, covering my mouth to hide it.

“Oh Max,” I giggled, “I’d do nothing of the sort,” I moved my hand and spanked his ass, making him jump and me laugh harder.

“And I’ll be having none of that, now look more gay than you already are before I rip you to shreds.” Max threatened, pulling me into the reception and putting on his pre-planning floppy wrist. He spoke with a camp accent.

“Hey!” He greeted the man, catching his attention. “Here’s the key to our room, it was dashing wasn’t it darling?” He turned to me, and I fluttered my eyelashes in a camp fashion to play along. My lungs were ready to scream with laughter as soon as I got out of this place.

“Oh yes, it sure was baby,” I cooed seductively, placing my free hand on Max’s chest. I could feel it tighten, holding his breath I guessed to stop himself from laughing. I looked at the receptionist, who stared at us, with what I could only describe as evil, and took the key from Max’s waiting hand, almost cringing. He was obviously homophobic. Neither Max or me were homophobic, we just thought it would be funny to play along with the guy as he was the one that made the assumptions. The funny thing was, neither or us actually looked gay. I watched Max flick his hair diva style and I swear I nearly ran out to laugh.

“Have you already paid?” The receptionist grunted. I nodded.

“We have,” I giggled like a girl.

“Right, well piss off then,” The man waved his hand, gesturing for us to get out. Max widened his eyes.

“Pfff,” He scoffed “Homophobe,” Max sighed. “Come on, Craigifer, we know where we’re not wanted,” he took my hand, pulling me off toward the door. I stopped, turning to stick my tongue out at him, causing the receptionist to raise his eyebrows and I skipped out after Max, who was already stood by the car.

It only took one glance, to send us into a fit of laughter. Best memory so far that was. We jumped into the car, throwing our packs onto the back seat and I resumed the wheel, starting the car with a sudden rush of excitement, but as I was about the floor the gas pedal Max stopped me.

“Wait, camp picture,” Max elevated the camera above out heads and we put our heads together, pouting and fluttering our eyelashes, and the camera flashed, just before I floored the pedal and sent us rushing down the highway once again.

---------

Highway, New Jersey, 12.20pm, June 2nd 2009

“Turn the radio on,” I said, finally getting bored of the novelty of silence. Max, who sat munching on his beef jerky he’d kept in his pack, seemed to be enjoying sat doing nothing in seat watching the world go by as we drove, reasonably fast toward Atlantic City. He reached out onto the dashboard where the radio was and turned the little grey knobs, switching in on and searching for a station. White noise pumped out of the speakers, the occasional Classical or country Western station flying by. But then, I freaked out when Rock and Roll FM flew by.

“Wait! But it back, that’s Rock and Roll FM,” I instructed Max, and he turned it back, fine tuning the radio and to my total surprise, a familiar song came on...

...from all that has become
It leaves your gums, slips down your tongue and travels fast down towards your lungs
All because I'm...


Max and I looked at each other.

“Leaving you behind!!” We sang along, smiling. Our song never got played on Rock and Roll FM.

“I feel the pressure
It's coming down on me.
It's turning me black 'n blue
You left me on the side of the road
And now I've got no place to go.
You've brought the flood!”


We laughed together, going on a sudden high.

“That’s crazy, dude that’s us! On rock and Roll FM!!” Max exclaimed, pointing at the radio device in almost disbelief. I stared at the radio, listening to our song pump out.

The pain is getting stronger, like an open wound without the gauze
It's on my brain, driving me insane
It's on my mind all of the time and if it left, I would be fine.
All because I'm leaving you behind.

I feel the pressure
It's coming down on me.
It's turning me black 'n blue
You left me on the side of the road
And now I've got no place to go.
You've brought the flood!

Oh!
Leave it be!

I take it back
Take it back!
Leave it be
I take it back
Take it back
Leave it be
Leave it be
Leave it be

I feel the pressure
It's coming down on me.
It's turning me black 'n blue
You left me on the side of the road
And now I've got no place to go.
You've brought the flood!

I feel the pressure
It's coming down on me.
It's turning me black 'n blue
You left me on the side of the road
And now I've got no place to go.
You've brought the flood!

I take it back, take it back!
Leave it be
I take it back, take it back!
Leave it be
Leave it be
Leave it be!


We waited, on the edge of our seats. I barely concentrated on the road. The DJ, Scott Hills was an absolute legend. For him to just talk about our band was an absolute honour.

”And that was Escape the fate’s new single, The Flood! Check them out, they’re a band worth listening to, Craig Mabbitt, Great voice...And now for the next song in Hill’s top 10, New Again by Taking back Sunday...”

Silence between Max and I. I didn’t think he could believe Scott Hills liked us as much as I couldn’t. He said I had a great voice.

“Dude, score,” Max finally said, listening to the chords to Taking Back Sunday’s new song kicked in. I nodded, still staring at the radio. Almost drooling.

“Your telling me.” I said, turning the radio down. I hoped nobody saw us speeding past, belting out the lyrics to our own song....That would be a sight and a half. I looked up, seeing a road sign fly past

"Atlantic City, 2 miles"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry! Filler. And it sucks. Well, I wanted all of this to happen, but I also wanted to fit them getting into Atlantic City and...well their antics there. I have great ideas for that :) but I simply don't have the time. This makes me really sad :(

I may struggle to update in these next few weeks due to exams, so I'm real sorry about that. I've put all my other fics on Hiatus just so I can write this one (: you all should feel privilaged ^-^ I love this story, the ideas really flow

This one is for the 4 subscribers who subscribed before I posted the 1st chapter. You guys rule

xxxxxx