Cheer Up Emo Kid

The Diner

(Halley’s POV)

The drive away from the club was a little awkward for the first few minutes. Eventually Alex asked Frank, who was driving, what tunes he had in his car. Frank had Gerard hand Alex and Zach the pack of CDs out of the dashboard. The two eagerly flipped through the many CDs and argued over what to play. In the end Zach handed Gerard a Smashing Pumpkins disk.

Gerard commented on the good music taste and put it in. The rest of the drive was more bearable with the music blasting and loud singing. Soon enough though Frankie pulled up at a diner and the five of us got out. Mikey, Bob, and Ray were in Bob’s car not too far behind us. After about two minutes of waiting the others parked and got out. When we were all together Gerard took Franks hand and we all walked into the diner.

I like the diner a lot. It has a warm and cozy feel to it, a very welcoming atmosphere. One of the waitresses came over to us and greeted the band like they were old friends. They must come here a lot I thought to myself. After introductions went around the waitress, whose name was Jessica, sat us in a large booth in the back and passed around menus.

“Okay,” Frank said, “What do you all want? The pizza is excellent, and the guys tell me the burgers are as well.” Keeping this in mind I looked down at my menu. The pizza sounded too irresistible to not try, but I didn’t have money, and I didn’t want to mooch off my favorite band. It was still otherworldly to be sitting here with them and being treated like a good friend of theirs. Zach and Alex, of course, had no trouble ordering something however.

“Halley,” Mikey, who was sitting next to me, said, “Are you going to get anything?” He smiled down at me in a nice way that added to the calming atmosphere going around in the diner. I smiled back and nodded.

“Umm yea, cheese pizza if anyone’s up for sharing.” I said quietly looking back down. I hated that I was being shy, but who wouldn’t around My Chemical Romance? I couldn’t help it.

“You know,” Frank said with a warm smile, “I was going to get the same thing.” Weather he really was going to, or was just being nice because of my shyness, I couldn’t tell, but I smiled up at him and then Jessica came over.

“Everybody ready to order?” she asked sweetly. One by one people around the table gave their orders. I had no idea what had come over me but I was suddenly nervous for when it would be my turn to speak. Thankfully Ray saved me.

“One large cheese pizza and four medium cokes for the rest of us” he said to Jess. Then he looked at me, “coke okay for you?” I just nodded and Jessica smiled and walked off. Everything was quiet among the eight of us. That is, until Bob started to talk.

“So,” he said dragging out the ‘o’ “How old are you guys?”

“Couldn’t come up with anything better ‘eh Bobby?” Ray laughed.

“Don’t call me Bobby, Raymond, and I’m just trying to get a conversation going.”

Alex laughed lightly at them and looked at Bob, “I’m 16 and so is Halley, and little Zachy is still 15.” Zach hit Alex for calling him ‘Zachy’ and we all laughed. Mikey brought up music and the conversation started to really flow. The food came but it hardly disrupted the talk going around. We talked about music, fashion, movies, video games, and interests. For once I felt like I fit in some were other than just with Zach and Alex. Eventually things started to wind down. The food, which was amazing, all eaten and conversation was setting along with our stomachs.

“Man I haven’t eaten that good in a long while,” Ray said taking a sip of his drink. “Reminds me of when my dad would make pizza for my brother and me.” And with that said stories of homes, and families started going around. It took all I had not to cry, and I was glad no one noticed I hadn’t joined the talking this time. Unfortunately for me, Gerard pays more attention then I realized.

“You’ve been real quiet Halley,” he said, “you okay?” I just nodded hoping he would drop it, he didn’t. “Tell us something about your parents.” He smiled warmly. He didn’t know, none of them did, only Zach and Alex.

“Hey look at the time guys,” Alex said trying to get the attention off me, “it’s getting late; we should probably head home and rest.” Him and Zach shot me glances and I think Frank got the message that this was the end of the conversation.

“Oh wow yea he’s right. We probably should go and rest, gotta show tomorrow after all. Don’t wanna let these three down do we?” he laughed lightly but Gerard still looked at me.

“Awe common Halley, share a story will ya?” I just shook my head willing the tears back as best I could. “Why not, it can’t be so bad that you don’t wanna tell us can it?”

I looked up at him and let a tear fall giving a twinkle as the light caught it. “Yea,” I said bluntly, “yea it can be.” They all just looked at me, shocked and unsure what to do. I wanted to runaway, that’s what I do in situations like that. I couldn’t take it anymore, I got up and left. Jessica was walking over and I almost ran right into her on my way to the restroom.

I heard Jessica ask about that and Zach just said ‘family is a touchy subject’. I ran to the stall farthest from the door once in the restroom. I shut myself in and just cried. I couldn’t believe that I was in here, on the floor, crying when my heroes were sitting outside with my two, and only, friends. I missed my mom and dad! The stories the others shared, that was bad. Hearing the stories from the guys in MCR, ones resent from their adult years, even worse, then Gerard pushing to hear about my parents, icing on my sad pitiful cake. Suddenly I heard the door open and was surprised to hear my name being called in a southern accent.

“Halley? Yew in here doll face? Halley, hun say something.” She actually sounded like she cared and she barely knew me. I got up and opened the door. Jessica walked over and saw my tearstained face. Her own face fell and she opened her arms for a hug.

“Come ’ear sugar.” She said pulling me close to her. I wrapped my arms around her and started crying all over again. I don’t know why I did, but I told her, I told her everything. About how I was bi, when I told my parents, how they acted, how I acted. I told her how they died and about Skyla and Lollypop. She shed a few tears with me.

“You won’t tell anyone will you?” I asked timidly.

“Oh Halley, I really should, no one has a right to hurt a sweet little thing like you.” I shot my head up to look at her, worry in my eyes. “But,” she said sighing, “if you really don’t want me to I won’t. On one condition though,” she warned, “You have to promise me to do something about it okay puddin cup?”

I couldn’t help but let the smallest giggle out at ‘puddin cup’ but I nodded going serious again. “I promise Jessica, I promise.” I didn’t know if it was a promise I could keep, but I didn’t want to worry her.

“Thanks,” she said warmly, “in trusting you to keep that I think I’ll sleep well.” She smiled at me and I smiled back. “Well then, let’s go see what them young fellers are doin’ shall we?” She held out her arm for me and I looped mine in it.

“We shall,” and with that we stood up and, after making sure we looked okay, walked back out to face the guys, who would, no doubt, have a bunch of questions.
♠ ♠ ♠
I changed Alex, Zach, and Halley's ages if you noticed!
I wanted them all to be a year older..I guess it just workes better for me..dunno why.

COMMENT PLEASE!!!!