Status: Finished.

This Empty Love

Chapter o4

(Pst, Italics means memory, I usually hate stories that do this, but I can’t help it.)

“Oliver did know the correct time, did he not?” Dr. Owens asked, getting up from his arm chair and walking over to the desk on the opposite side of the room. He took a bottle of water off the surface and sat back down.

Maneuvering in the chair, I fidgeted nervously. “As I far as I know.” I replied, trying to calm down my nerves. He better show up.

“Don’t you two see each other every day?” Owens asked. He already knew the answer, but I guess there was some satisfaction in getting me to admit it.

“We’ve hardly been staying in the same house recently. He’s been at a hotel for the past two days.” I explained.

Owens did the stereotypical therapist ‘hmm’ and scribbled something on his notepad as he nodded. His posture was polite and straight, yet impatient. Only moments later, there was a knock at the door followed by it opening.

“‘ello Dr. Owens, I’m really sorry.” Oliver apologized and took a seat on the couch next to me. He glanced my way, not even muttering a greeting, before looking forward again.

“Hello Oliver. On time would be greatly appreciated from now on, but let’s ignore that and to where we left off last session. Taylor, how did you relationship continue after Oliver left America?” He started to speak, leaning back into the chair.

“It was about two months later I think,” I started to say, looking at Oliver who nodded also. “Carol, his mom, invited me to spend the summer in England during the vacation with them. Of course I accepted, and well that’s where it began.”

Owens motioned for me to continue, so I did. “I got to know his brother, Tom, first. Oliver seemed, to put it nicely, a bit jealous of how much we talked-”

“I wasn’t jealous.” Oliver snapped, though his voice wasn’t loud. I saw Owens raise his eyebrows before I turned to look at Oliver. He lowered his voice a bit, and spoke again. “I wasn’t jealous.”

Rolling my eyes, I ignored him. We both knew that wasn’t true, so passed right by that. “Anyways, the first week he was far too nice, the following two weeks Oliver was a complete ass to me, and then he finally turned into himself. That’s the Oliver I fell for.”

&&

“Tom, you’re not seriously going to leave me alone with Oliver for a day, are you?” I hissed quietly, stopping him from walking out the door and leaving me.

“S’not that bad Taylor,” Tom assured me, grabbing his keys from a basket by the door. “He’s not always this arrogant. Just avoid him or somethin’.”

Tom didn’t even wait for a reply before he smiled at me and left the house, not another word spoken. I groaned in frustration and watched the door close in front of me. Finally, I turned around and headed in the direction of the kitchen.

“Mornin’ Taylor.” Oliver’s voice cooed from his spot on the counter next the fridge.

“Mmm.” Was all I managed before grabbing an apple. Turning quickly, I made my escape from the kitchen, but not fast enough.

“What, yeh don’t want to talk to me?” He asked, hopping off the counter and following me. “I’m really not that bad Taylor, yeh just got to get to know me.”

I let out a sarcastic laugh and curled up on the couch in front of the television. “Really? Because you’ve been making the whole get to know you thing highly unappealing.”

Oliver leaned over the back of the couch, his face now directly next to the side of mine. Hesitantly, I tilted my head in his direction, able to feel his soft breath on my skin. As usual, Oliver was smirking.

“I could make it very, very appealing, doll.” My inability to move worked in his advantage. Quickly, Oliver managed to move even closer and attach his lips to the side of my mouth, giving me a half kiss. His lips hovered there for a minute until he spoke, lips brushing against my skin, “Are yeh appealed yet?”