Status: Finished!!

What I Go To School For

Protective Brothers Always Get In The Way

Image

I sat at my computer going through my email while listening to music. It was peaceful in my house, surprisingly. My mom's guest had arrived at the house an hour earlier. I had watched him walked up to the house, he looked fairly decent, with his blond hair and business suit. But I figured if he was stupid enough to want my mother he wasn't that much of a keeper. At first I tried to listen to their conversation but all I could hear was laughter, so I took that as everything was going well.

I sang along to the song my ipod decided to play, realizing half way through that it was a Jonas Brother song. It made me miss Nick. I hadn't talked to him all night, three hours really, but it felt like forever. I pushed my computer chair over to my window to see if maybe he was in his room, but the blinds were shut. I picked up my phone from the desk it sat upon and dialed his number.

After a few rings I finally heard the voice I had missed so dearly.

"Hello?"

"Hey Nick."

"Hey babe, everything OK?"

I could hear the concern in his voice. It hurt me that I couldn't ease his worries, but it was what had to be done.

"Yeah. My mom has a guest over so she wouldn't let me leave the house." I explained. It was the truth, as much of the truth as I could tell him.

"Oh, alright." He let out a sigh. "I miss you."

"I miss you too." I responded smiling. "I wish I was with you."

"Me too." He said with a sad sigh. "Can you come over when they leave?"

"No. My mom thinks we've been over at your house too much."

"But we love having you here."

"I know but my mom doesn't understand that."

I laid back on my bed and closed my eyes imagining Nick was next to me instead of in the house next to me.

"Can I come over there?" He asked.

Normally I would say no but my mom seems like she's in a good enough mood to say yes.
"Maybe." I said thinking about it more. "He won't be gone for a while though."

"I can wait." He paused to chuckle softly to himself. "I'd wait forever."

"Again you are such a cheese ball." I said laughing.

"You could sneak out!" Nick exclaimed like it was the best idea ever.

"Yeah, no."

"Why not?"

"My mom would kill me if she found out." I replied. "Its best to just wait until he leaves."

"Well he's leaving now."

I sat up and ran over to my window, and sure enough the black BMW drove past.

"How'd you know that?" I asked confused.

"I'm outside sitting on the front steps." He said. "Go ask your mom."

"Alright. I'll see you soon."

We hung up then I quickly walked downstairs. My mom and sister were sitting in the living room talking.

"Hey, how did everything go?"

My mom turned to me with a smile on her face, the first real smile I'd seen on her since my dad left.

"It went great." She said. "I think he might be the one."

"Very cool." I tried to keep the eye roll working its way up at bay. Every guy was "the one" until they fucked up some way. "Can I go next door?"

"Sure." My mom said with a wave her hand.

I thanked my mom before sprinting out of my house and to Nick's. He was still sitting on the front steps his phone in his hands furiously texting away.

"Hey." I said sitting next to him.

He jumped and looked at me startled. "Make some noise when you walk up to someone!" He slid his phone into his front pocket quickly.

"Sorry." I said smiling shyly.

"Its OK." He kissed my red cheek softly. "I'm glad you could come over."

"Me too."

we leaned in, and just as we were about to kiss, Joe came running outside. He pushed his way between Nick and I. I glanced at Nick and noticed his annoyed looking face, a face I didn't normally see.

"Hey guys." He sat between us pushing me over to the edge of the steps.

"Hi." I mumbled.

"Do you need something?" Nick asked, the annoyance clearly evident in his voice.

"I just wanted to spend time with you two." Joe said, his smile was fake, I could tell.

"Well we want to be alone."

"No can do, little brother." Joe said folding his hands in his lap.

"Why?"

"I have to chaperon you."

Nick and I glanced at each other then at Joe. "What?" We asked in unison.

"Yep."

Nick rolled his eyes then stood up. "Come on."

I followed Nick inside the house, and up the stairs.

"Wait! I have to go with you." Joe called after us.

"No you don't Joe." Nick called back.

He shut the door to his room and jumped onto his bed. "Sorry, 'bout him. He was dropped a few too many times on his head as a baby."

"Its OK." I said smiling. I sat next to him on his bed. I kept a small smile on my thin lips as I said what was on my mind. "I don't think he likes me."

"What? Why do you think that?" Nick asked confused. He took my hand in his then pulled me back onto the bed next to him. I rolled into his side and inhaled his intoxicating scent.

"I don't know, just a feeling I have." I mumbled into his chest.

Nick rubbed my back, drawing random patterns. "Don't worry I'm sure he doesn't hate you."

I nodded my head deciding it would be best not to answer. I closed my eyes and listened to the beat of Nick's heart. It was slow soothing sound that was made better by the low humming issuing from his chest.

"Its you and me forever
You and me right now." Nick softly sang the words to "Fly With Me" as he rubbed my back.

"I love that song." I mumbled looking up at Nick. "Its one of my favorites."

Nick just smiled and continued singing. He kissed my forehead softly before kissing the end of my nose, then the corner of my mouth. He left me wanting more, practically needing more. His breathe blew over my face as he leaned in closer to me. Our lips met in a brief kiss, barely even touching.

"Tease." I whispered.

Nick winked but pressed his lips to mine in a better kiss. His lips covered mine while his hands gripped my hips. I tangled my fingers in his hair keeping his lips attached to mine.

After a few more seconds he moved back enough to look me in the eyes. "You're so beautiful."

I blushed deep red at his words. "I'm not that great." I mumbled embarrassed.

"You are, too me." Nick said with a small smile.

Of course a special moment like this had to be ruined by a very nosy older brother.

"Hey guys." Joe exclaimed walking into the room.

Nick groaned and shut his eyes for a second before he moved away from me.

"What do you want?" He asked obviously upset with Joe.

"I want to hang out. I'm bored."

I quickly spoke up before Nick's anger rose any more then it already was. "You two can hang out. I should probably go home."

"What? You haven't been her that long." Nick said his anger melting away to disappointment.

"I know. But we'll hang out tomorrow all day." I said smiling.

"Alright." Nick said defeated.

We stood from the bed and left Joe in the room. He followed us but at a distance.

"Bye." Nick said as he pulled me closer to him. Joe cleared his throat loudly to alert us to his presence. "I'll be counting down the seconds 'till I see you again."

"Wow, imagine that another cheesy line." I said with a light laugh. "Bye."

I kissed Nick quickly then pulled away to send a wave Joe's way, which was returned with an icy glare. No matter what Nick thought I'm certain Joe has it out for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, sorry for the wait. This is another filler that came out rather horribly.

Leave me some comments! : )