Status: Finished!!

What I Go To School For

Bad Endings, New Beginnings

Image

For two days I avoided Nick. We hadn't officially broken up but we both knew it wouldn't be the same. I saw him with his new friend more, it was hard to stop the pain I felt when I saw them. Even with Joe by my side constantly it was hard to be around Nick. Nick tried to talk to me, in the rare instances I was alone, but as soon as he began Joe or someone would come back.

After school I went straight to my room like I had done the day before. As per usual Joe was right behind me. I was getting used to having Joe with me all the time, he tried his hardest to make me forget about everything.

"I think we should do something tonight." Joe said as we settled on my bed.
"Like?" I asked.

"Let's go see a movie or something." He suggested. "It can't be good to stay inside all the time."

"I'm not inside all the time. I did have to walk to school this morning."

"That doesn't count." Joe said rolling his eyes.

"Fine." I said giving in.

We chose to go to the new romantic comedy, my choice not his. Half way through the movie I
couldn't take it anymore, I couldn't watch people being in love. I told Joe I was just going to go to the bathroom but really I went outside to stop from crying. A few minutes later I went back to the theater and sat through the rest of the movie completely detached from my surroundings.

"Did you like the movie?" Joe asked as we waited for Denise to pick us up.

"Yeah." I said faking a smile. "My new favorite."

"Really?" He asked.

I looked around hoping Denise was close. "Uh, yeah." Was my brilliant response.

Joe sighed, "I knew it was a bad idea to go to that movie."

"I'm fine Joe." I said slightly annoyed.

That night I told Joe I wanted to sleep alone, he had been staying with me since that faithful night. I laid in bed listening to the sounds houses make when all is quiet, my thoughts were on Nick. I tried to think of all the fun we had but my thoughts always went to the look on his face when he laughed with her. I had spent many sleepless nights in the beginning wondering if Nick really loved me; he still had a picture of him and Miley in his room, many pictures, which just made my insecurities about our relationship worse. Its clear Nick gets into new relationships to get over old ones, starting a new one before he's over the last one. I had just hoped I was being dumb when I thought he didn't really love me.

After thinking about everything and coming to the conclusion I didn't want to be with Nick anymore I knew that it was time for a change. Time for a new start.

I didn't sleep at all and went through school like a zombie and when I got home I knew what I had to do. I found Denise in the living room watching a talk show. I sat down next to her on the couch and waited until she turned the TV off and turned her attention to me.

"You look like you have something you want to say." She said, her smile encouraging me to speak.

"I just wanted to say thank you for everything you have done for Kyrsten and I." I said talking fast.

"You're welcome but you don't have to say thank you." She said taking my hand and giving it an affectionate squeeze.

"I do because of what I have to say next." I paused to swallow the lump in my throat. Denise looked very confused and as I spoke she lost her beautiful smile. "I think its time Kyrsten and I found somewhere else to live."

Denise shook her head, "Is this because of Nick?"

"No, well sort of." I admitted. "Mostly I think we need to move on."

"Where will you go?" She asked.

"We have a grandma that lives a few house away." I answered.

"Are you sure this is what you want?" Denise asked quietly. "We love having you here."

"I know and we love being here, but we can't stay here forever." I said looking away.

Denise sighed heavily, "Ok if this is what you want we'll start arranging everything."

"There's one more thing." I began tentatively.

"Yes?"

"I want to drop all charges against Alec." I said quickly.

"What? Why would you do that?" Denise asked confused.

"Because I want to forget about it." I said with a shrug. "I don't see the point anymore."

"I understand but dropping all of the charges doesn't solve anything. Maybe we can speed up the trial."

"Ok, I guess that works."

Denise pulled me into a loving hug. I settled against her and she turned the TV up to normal volume. It was clear this conversation was over, and I was actually happy with its outcome. Now all I had to do was tell Kyrsten what I planed to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its short but I didn't want to go any further with this one. The next one should be longer. I hope you liked it!!
: )