Rebyl Jayde

Boarding School

This is my first day and I hated it the minute I walked in. Sometimes I wonder if juvi would have been a better choice. I hated the monotonous white washed walls, the cold windless, sterile air reminding me of hospitals. I hate hospitals. Most of all I hate the sunny smiling tan face, the boring straight brown hair pulled back in a pony tail, and the forced happy tone of Bridgett Lynen. Despite all my stalling I arrived in time for one class before lunch. She came from class to be my “class buddy” for the day. She was to show me around the school.

“Hi, Rebyl Jayde. My name is Bridgett Lynen. I’m student council president and I get to show you around the campus! But this is the high school so you only come here and the dorms.” As soon as she walked in to the principal’s office, she showered me with one of her hideously fake smiles and looked ready to hug me. I hurriedly picked up some of my bags to avoid the horrid possibility. She practically skipped to the girls’ dorms. She won’t, scratch that, can’t stop talking. Since the moment she got here it been “Rebyl Jayde this, Rebyl Jayde that. Oh, we’re going to have so much fun together!” Blah Blah Blah!

I finally cut in to the annoying chatter when we reached the hideous pink door to the girls’ dorms. Someone really needs to paint over that disgusting color, black maybe. Hmm….

"Don't think that this makes us friends. Drop the act; I know you don't want to do this anymore than I want you to. Do whatever you were assigned and that's it. I don't want to look at your ugly face or hear your annoying voice any longer that I have to." Awe, her face looked so crushed at my cruel words that I wanted to hug her and say I'm sorry. HA! Year right!

"You don't really mean that, do you?" she even stuck out her lip and attempted a puppy dog look. I just rolled my eyes and pushed open the door to find my room. Unfortunately, she perked right up and skipped ahead to my room.

Number 66. Add another 6 and I'm in hell.

Just short of a jail cell with a door instead of iron bars. How depressing. Can I still go to juvy?
It’s good my foster mother’s idea of "unconditional love" is getting me what I want, within limitations. She’s like the fifteenth foster mother I've had in ten years. I'm surprised she's lasted this long without sending me back to the orphanage.

"Come on, or we'll be late to class." She ushered me on. "What no bells?" I asked. "We don't need bells. Everyone is on time or else." she recited primly, quickly walking out of my room. Ooh, I’m so scared. Stupid preppy idiot. I flipped my middle finger at her and slowly followed.

****

"Everyone, welcome our newest member, Rebyl Jayde Phillips!" Bridgett swept her hand toward me like Savanna White from Wheel of Fortune. All the students clapped their hands once in unison. Okay... not that was scary.

"Jayde, why don't you find a seat and we'll all get to know each other with an ice breaker!" Are you kidding me? No way in hell. Where's there teacher in all this shit! "Its Rebyl Jayde" I said with an emphasis on Rebyl. "And don't bother. Leave me alone and we'll get along just fine." I said slowly giving the class an evil glare. I crossed the cheap multicolored carpet to sit farthest in the back near the corner. Everyone sat in stunned silence as I stared at the striking red walls imprisoning me.

Eventually the pushover teacher began droning on and on about some physics crap. Remembering some of it from my studies I ignored her.

Finally the invisible bell rang for lunch. After grabbing an apple and bottle of water I scanned the room for a seat. I spied some Goth/punk wanna be table and sat down next to someone I recognized. Hopefully no one recognized me, since I changed my hair. Not much effort in a disguise though. But I doubt any of these losers would not good music from a monkey stuck up their ass.

Most of the kids gave me dirty looks, but I just stared right back at them. They turned there heads avoiding my glare. Some guy moved down from the top of the table to introduce himself. "Hi, I'm Felix. You’re the new girl right?" "Obviously. My name is Rebyl Jayde."I muttered bored.

"Oh my gosh! The Rebyl Jayde from Devious Intentions? That Rebyl Jayde?" Someone yelled. "Ya, who wants to know?" I asked rudely. "We are like one of your top fans!" Some girl shrieked next to the first girl. "Really." I said already annoyed.

Some cute tan guy with long dark bangs and short down spiked hair by the lunch line was staring at me with a smile. He walked over to the table and sat down beside me.
"You don't remember do you?" he asked. Damn, he has a sexy voice. "Don' t think so." I replied. "I'm Emmett." he told me. "Sounds a little familiar. Nope! Don't know." I pondered through my brain. "Uh... ya I got to meet you and your band backstage at a concert about three years ago. Before you got real famous. " he informed me."Ya, still don't remember." I said.

"I didn't expect you to. You were really wasted." he said with a chuckle. The kids around the table kept staring at me like I was a freak. I stood up and l slammed my water bottle on the table. " What the fuck are you looking at? Do you have a problem with me?" I yelled. None of them did anything. I sat back down. Someone stopped behind my back. "Shouldv'e taken juvi!" they said in a teasing voice. I looked behind me and I saw it was Garrett.

"Garrett!" I squeaked. I shot up and gave him a hug almost knocking over his lunch tray. "Hey, watch it." he said with a smirk on his face. He sat down next to me. "So, why are you here?" I asked. "Well, after you falling down wasted during the concert. They found the me stoned too. So I'm stuck in here with you." Garrett explained.

"So you got busted during a concert? Must have really sucked." Emmett asked. "Yeah, well it was the past. I'm over it." I said suddenly in a happy mood.
"So what are the rest of the crew up to?" I asked turning my head to Garrett. "No, idea. But I think they've moved on." he replied. "Bastards." I muttered. "Oh, Well."

"So what's up with this jacked place?" I asked. "Well, its like a normal high school. But you live here and they are really strict." Garrett answered. "You get to go around campus kinda of like a college, but only after the school part is over. So your pretty much in college." Emmett added.
"Great! College! One more year and I can be a Rock star again. Living' the Dream!" I commented.

"Don't get too hopeful. You probably won't pass the rest of the year in school. And your foster "mother" won't let you." Garrett teased. "Since when has that stopped me?" I said with a devilish smirk. "Ya, whatever." Garrett left it alone.

"You're adopted?" Emmett asked. "Yeah, well thats life." I said my mood swiftly changing. "What happened to your real parents? If you don't mind me asking" He said. "Dunno." I said uninterested.

"Hey guys it's time to go to PE!" Garrett said changing the topic. "PE? Really?" I said questioningly. "Yep!" he said. "Ready for some Dodge ball?" he asked challengingly. "You bet your sorry ass!" I confirmed his challenge. "I'm gonna whoop your ass." Garrett said playfully. His hands made a spanking motion. "We'll see who's whooping ass!" I replied. "Ready Emmett? Cause I'm going beat you like no other. I'm the best dodge ball player in the world!" I egged him on. "Last time I checked we were guys and we play ruff! Do you think you can handle it?" He teased sounding sexist. "You haven't seen anything!" I warned him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Please Please Comment. I want to know your opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!