Status: Completed.

You Talk Like You're Famous, You're Shameless.

Chapter 1.

“What should I wear?” I wondered aloud as I opened the door to my walk-in closet.

“How about that red dress you bought in Berlin last week?” my boyfriend, Justin, asked from his laying position on my bed.

“I don’t know…” I wondered, biting my lip.

“It’s brand, you haven’t wear it yet.” Said Justin, answering my silent question. I took the hanger on which the dress was hung and took a pair of red stilettos to match with the dress before I made my way back to my room. I took off the bathrobe from around my body and let it drop to the floor, leaving me in my underwears. I put on the strapless dress on. It was short, a really short dress… I just hoped I wouldn’t drop anything to the floor so I won’t have to bend down to gather it.

“Can you zip it up?” I asked, turning my back to Justin. He pushed himself in a sitting position and then got up from the bed, walking over to me and zipping my dress up.

“Thank you!” I said, turning around and planting a quick kiss on his lips. Then I walked over to the full length mirror and made a face at my ‘perfect’ reflection.

“You’re perfect.” Whispered Justin as he sneaked his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek. I fake a smile and then unwrapped myself from his embrace and walked over to the table in the corner of my room where all my make up and perfume were. I decided to apply some foundation, mascara and lipstick. I did my hair in a loose bun and then walked over to the bed, sitting on the edge and putting on my stilettos.

Once again, I walked over to the full length mirror and looked at myself. My reflection wasn’t something I wanted to see, especially not dressed like this. I missed the time were I could wear jeans and Chucks and black T-shirt. I would have done anything to just be able listen to something close to rock music without anyone freaking out, asking if I’m not ill.

But I guess I should have just thought twice before leaving Huntington Beach to go to NY City…

“Are you ready to go?” asked Justin, walking out of the bathroom, fully dressed, buttoning up his white shirt.

“In a minute.” I said, walking back into my walk-in closet and looking for a purse matching my dress. After a few seconds, I finally found the one I was searching for and walked back to my room. I put mascara and the lipstick I used in the tiny bag, before I took my cell phone from the nightstand, my wallet, my sunglasses and a jacket.

“I’m ready.” I said, as I let Justin walk out of the apartment before I locked the door and put the key in my purse.

“We are taking my car.” He said as we got in the lift. I nodded, I wasn’t in condition to argue. I was focusing on my role, I mean, I had to focus to become Scarlet, the woman everyone wanted to have in their movies or in the magazines. I took my sunglasses out of my bag and put them on as the lift stopped and Justin took my hand, heading to the parking where his car was parked. It was already dark and you might wonder why I am currently wearing sunglasses? Not to look cool or anything, I’m just trying to…

I blinked and tightened my grip on Justin’s hand. Their flashes were hurting my eyes, that’s why I was wearing sunglasses everywhere I went. Because I could be on the other side of the world and paparazzis would still be following me.

I got in the car and sighed as Justin started the engine. We were going to a party, the kind of party where you had to put on your biggest fakest smiles, the kind where you could get the best contracts if you simply agreed to go into one of the numerous bedrooms of the house and, if it was in a club, into the bathroom… I was saved from that ‘system’ of communication since I was with Justin and he barely ever leaves my side. I don’t know if it’s just because he doesn’t want to leave me alone or if he wants to be seen… Either ways, it works for me.

I didn’t talk during the drive that was separating us from the party. Justin was used by this and didn’t mind. He wasn’t really talkative he was more of an ‘action’ guy, if you know what I mean. I sighed and had to prevent myself from turning on the radio. Justin didn’t really like listening to music. It’s funny though, I used to listen to music 24/7 and now, I could go a week without listening to any decent music, except for the crap they played in the clubs of course…

He stopped the car and got out I took off my sunglasses, putting them in my purse. The passenger door opened and I got out as flashes blinded me. I put on my fake smile, as I nodded in direction of the young man who had opened the door for me. He blushed and quickly took the keys Justin was handing him as he linked his fingers with mine and walked together in the club.

The music was loud, too loud for my liking, especially when it was crap. I tried my best to keep the smile on my face as everyone was greeting with their own fake smiles. I knew that half of the girls here didn’t like me, which was fine with me, I didn’t liked them either…

After a few minutes, I got tired of their chatting about the newest shoes in the shops and I decided to head towards the bar. I managed to make my way through the dance floor and settle myself on a tool, pulling at my dress a little.

“Hey Scarlet, what’s up?” asked my best friend, Jessica, as known as Ika or Jess. She was the bartender in this nightclub, she followed me to NY City, but she was still in touch with everyone else back in California, something I wish I could do…

“Scarlet, are you alright? You seem kind of worn out…” asked Jess, looking at me worriedly from her place behind the counter.

“I’m just tired that’s all.” I replied with a shrug as I took a hold of the bloody Mary she had put in front of me and took a sip.

“Nice dress…” she said, a hint of sarcasm in her voice. I rolled my eyes.

“You know, nothing is keeping you here, you just have to say one word and we are off to California on the next flight.” She said, resting her elbows on the counter.

“I know Jess, I know…”