Status: Completed.

You Talk Like You're Famous, You're Shameless.

Chapter 2.

I did the same as I did every single night. Walking up to where I kept my dress, trying to find something to wear. Get ready. Get in the car with Justin. Drive up to the club. Sit at the bar. Talk to Jess. Dance a little. Drink. Drink. Drink. Dance a little more. Talk to Jess. Justin finds me. Get back to the car. Back to my apartment. Sleep until really late in the afternoon. And then it’s back to the beginning.

This is the exciting life of a model in NY City, but don’t worry, it isn’t always like this. Sometimes you have photo shoots where the photographs yell at you, it’s fun really, wearing really expensive dresses, a huge amount of make up… Yeah, fun…

I sighed, walked out of the room full of clothes and back to my room. I threw myself on the king-size bed and buried my face in the soft pillow. I stayed like that for a few minutes, doing nothing except trying to control my temper. I was dying for a beer and a cigarette.

Too bad Justin made me stop smoking, he said it smells awful and that it didn’t look cool.

Yeah right…

I rolled my eyes, sometimes I wanted to listen to Jess and just threw it all away, packing my shit and leaving the state to go back home.

Seriously, nothing was holding me here…

I sat on my bed and looked at the clock on the nightstand: 7pm.

I grabbed my cell phone and checked if I had any messages. None. I jumped off my bed and ran to the front door, locking it before I ran back to my room and headed into my walk-in closet, and knelled down in front of the shelves where I kept all my shoes. I made a face as I took them off the last rack and pulled out a box from the bottom of the closet. I bit my lip as I opened the box and took out a Blink182 CD. I held it against my heart for a second, a big real smile on my face before I stood up again and headed to the stereo in my room. I put the CD in the player and moved forward to “What’s My Age Again?” I grabbed the hairbrush from the top of the chest of drawer and started jumping around, singing to the song.

That was one of the rare moment I could be myself again. No one was here, no one was going to judge me and it felt great. Here, in my bedroom, I was away from the fake smiles, the make-up, the lies and everything that goes with that…

I kept dancing around, screaming at the top of my voice for a good ½ hour before I stopped, put the CD back in its case, the case back in the box and the box back at the bottom of the closet and put all the shoes back on the rack.

There was no evidence of my previous action, no one ever knew about that box.

I sighed and walked in the bathroom, taking off my clothes and stepping in the shower.

**

45 minutes later and I was ready, I was that ‘perfect’ woman everyone was looking up to. I had opted for a short black dress, my blond hair cascading down my back and of course the usual amount of make up.

I was putting on my stilettos just as my cell phone rang. I reached for it across the mattress and took the call without bothering to look at the caller ID.

“Yes?”

“I’m waiting for you behind the door.” and the person hang up. I rolled my eyes.

That was my ‘best’ friend Emily Carter. The kind of girl who’s calling you instead of knocking on the door… In fact, she might call you just to ask you to pass the bottle of water that’s across the table from her sit.

I grabbed my purse, throwing everything I might need in it and then went to open the front door.

“Scarlet!” she squealed, hugging me. “You’re awesome boyfriend is waiting for us by the car!” she said, a big smile plastered on her face. Actually, you never know if her smile was a fake one or a real one, maybe she enjoyed this life?

“Hold on a second!” I said as I locked the front door, put my sunglasses on and followed her to the lift.

We got in the car and she started blabbering about the new dress she saw in a shop and that there were no shoes that went well with it and it was like the end of the world…

Justin, for once, participated to the conversation, while I was just sitting quietly on the backseat, craving for a bloody Mary.

We got out of the car and immediately the flashes blinded us. As soon as we got inside the club, I hurried to the bar, not bothering to look where I was going and if I knew any of the persons on the dance floor.

“Scarlet, here you are!” said Jess, truly happy to see me as she hugged me from over the counter. I smiled weakly as I took a sip from the bloody Mary.

“I’m leaving early tonight, how about we leave by the backdoor, and go somewhere else? I have tickets for a rock show, how does it sound?” she whispered, looking at me expectantly.

I thought for a second, looking at the dance floor from over my shoulder. Justin and Emily were dancing and I knew they wouldn’t notice my absence. I brought my gaze back to Jess to see that she was no longer behind the bar but was now sitting on the stool next to mine.

“Let’s go.” I said as I downed the shot and followed her to the back of the club, towards the backdoor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for reading, subscribing and commenting =)