Status: Completed.

You Talk Like You're Famous, You're Shameless.

Chapter 4.

“Hum, well I’m sorry but Scarlet is busy at the moment.” I said, trying to steady my voice. “She’s on a photo shoot in Spain.”

“Oh yeah, forgot she was famous…” muttered Matt, wrapping his arm around Jess’ waist. Jess looked at me, trying to read my expression but I ignored her and looked at my surroundings.

“How about we go to a club or something?” suggested Jimmy, “I feel like getting drunk!” he said, throwing his hands up in the air. I smiled, he hadn’t change a bit.

“We could always go to the club you’re working at?” suggested Matt, looking at Jess.

“Nah, it’s crowded. And there’s a private party going on there.” She said.

“That’s cool!” said Brian, a smile on his face.

“Believe me, it’s not cool.” I said, a stern look on my face. “Those people are stuck up and too focused on their goddamn selves.” I muttered, shoving my hands in my jeans.

“Alright then, let’s go to the bar down the road then.” Suggested Zacky. We all nodded and they headed to the dressing room to take a shower and get ready.

“We’ll wait for you by the back door, I need a smoke.” Said Jess and she kissed Matt and then dragged me down the corridor and outside. I leant against the wall, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath.

“How are you holding up?” Jess asked, taking a drag from her cigarette and blwing out the smoke.

“I’m okay.” I said, my eyes still closed. “It’s just weird to see them after all those years. They hadn’t change much, except for the tattoos.” I added.

Jess chuckled and went to stand in front of me as I opened my eyes.

“We’re kinda stuck though…” she started, looking at the backdoor with a frown.

“Yeah… I’ll tell them eventually…” I said, looking at the cars passing by.

eventually…” she whispered, looking down at her shoes before lifting her gaze and starred at me. “Scarlet, it would be easier for you…”

“Jessica Johnsson…”I warned her, glaring at her. She glared back before her face broke into a smile.

“Why are you smiling?” I muttered.

“You just looked like the real Scarlet Crimson for a second.” She said, the smile not eaving her face.

“I’m real, I’m not fake.” I said, looking away.

“That you think…” she said, keeping her eyes on me. “I see it everyday Scarlet, your smiles are fake, your attitude is fake, you are slowly turning into one of them. You used to fought, but you’re giving up. Justin is dictating your life, and Emily is just taking advantage of it…”

“Jess, that’s it. Enough.” I said in a cold voice. Jess closed her mouth and threw her cigarette on the ground, stepping on it.

“Let’s go back inside.” I said opening the door and let her walk in first.

“Scarlet, I…” I cut her off.

“It’s Carla.” I muttered, closing the door behind me.

**

“So, C arla… What do you do for a living?” asked Brian, as we were all making our way to the small bar around the corner.

“I work at the club with Jess.” I said without thinking.

“That’s cool, so you know Scarlet right?”

“Yeah, I saw her every once in a while.” I replied, looking at Jess who was walking ahead, hand in hands with Matt. “Why do you ask?”

“Oh, just wondering…” he said as he started walking slower. Letting the others walk ahead and keeping some space between the group and us. “By the way, you should head to the bathroom as soon as we got in there.” He said, not looking at me. “You have a stray of blond hair that had escaped from your bun under the wig.” He added, still not looking at me, but accelerating his pace.

I blinked, and held up my hand to touch my wig and check if it was in place.

Did Brian knew I was lying? Was he going to tell the others?

He held the door opened for me and didn’t say anything when I tapped Jess on the shoulder, telling her I was going to the bathroom.

**

I glanced at my reflection one last time, checking if the wig was in place and if no stray of hair had escaped before I walked out of the bathroom and head to the bar, ordering seven beers. The barman put the bottles on a tray and gave it to me, smiling. I smiled back, paid for the drinks and headed over to the table.

“Booze!” yelled Jimmy, throwing his fist in the air. I laughed and placed the tray at the center of the table before taking the only sit available which was between Zack and Johnny, in front of Brian. I bit my lip, grabbed a bottle and downed half of it before slamming the bottle back on the table, a small smile on my face as Jess winked at me from her sit on Matt’s lap.

We all started to chit-chat about nothing and everything until Jess decided that she wanted to get wasted tonight and asked me to go and get more drinks since she was too lazy to move her ass.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for your comments on the last chapter =)