Status: Completed.

You Talk Like You're Famous, You're Shameless.

Chapter 5.

“Come on Scar! You have a photo shoot today! You better get up and get ready before that bitch comes here to drag you to Starbucks.”

“Bitch? Oh yeah, you mean Emily.” I replied, rubbing my eyes as I sat up on the bed.

“Emily, bitch, that’s pretty much the same for me!” replied Jess as she was drying her hair with a towel. We had crash at her apartment since the guys insisted on coming with us and we knew that my place wasn’t the best to stay unnoticed. My eyes widened.

“Are the guys still here?” I asked in a whisper.

Jess chuckled, “You don’t remember? We came here, we had a few more drinks and then they called a cab to go back to their hotel.” She explained as I breathed a sigh of relief. The last thing I wanted today was to explain to them why I had blonde hair today when yesterday it was black. I got out of Jess’ bed and looked at the clothes scattered on the floor. That was Jess for you, she was so messy it could scare any guys for life. Except maybe the guys, because if I remember well, they weren’t that tidy...

“Do you wanna eat something now or just wanna get ready?” asked Jess as she threw the towel on her bed and grabbed the hairdryer.

“I’ll just go and get ready. Can you drive me to my place? And we’ll go to Starbucks once I’m ready?” I asked, grabbing my jeans and putting them on.

“Sure thing, let me dry my hair and I’m all yours!” she replied with a wink. I shook my head, smiling and try to find my jacket. I had borrowed some PJs from Jess, it wasn’t the first time that I had stayed over at her apartment. Her place was paparazzi safe, whereas mine...

“Okay, let’s go!” she said as she threw something at me. I caught it and saw the black wig I had used the night before I smiled, tied my hair in a bun and placed the wig.

**

“Yes Emily, I know. I didn’t hear the alarm clock, I’m getting ready right now. Yes, I’ll see you at the photo shoot. Where it is again? Oh okay, I’ll be there in about twenty minutes or so. See ya!” and I threw the phone on my bed, tightening my grip on the towel that was wrap around my body and headed to my closet, in search of something to wear.

“So where’s the photo shoot?” asked Jess, leaning against the doorframe, eating an apple.

“Central Park.” I explained, knelling down and taking some shoes off the shelves.

“What kind of clothes are you going to wear?” she asked.

“No idea, probably dresses, maybe cocktail dresses... I have no idea.” I replied, still trying to figure out what I should wear. I had already chosen the shoes, that was a beginning right?

“Just wear that, that and that!” said Jess as she threw me a pair of skinny jeans, a purple top and one of those huge purses.

I made a face and she shook her head, walking back in the kitchen. I quickly got dress and then headed back in my room to put my make up on. First, the usual amount of foundation, then some eye shadow, mascara and gloss. I had a very vast choice of make up, thanks to the many publicity I did...

“Ready!” I said as I put on my heels and then my sunglasses. I kept wondering why they call it sunglasses when it looks more like a windshield, you know?

Jess and I both walked out of the building and we were almost instantly blinded by the flashes. We linked arms and we started making our way down the road and to the local Starbucks.

With a decent amount of caffeine in my system, I felt slightly better than I felt when I first woke up and Jess walked with me to Central Park that was just across the street.

You could hear the photographer shouting instructions at the models, the make up artists were running around.

“Finally you’re here!” said Emily as soon as she spot me. I smiled and turned to look at Jess but she was talking on the phone. She grabbed my wrists and led me to the tents or whatever those things were. I was pushed on a chair and Jenny, the make up artist that worked here with me started off by wiping my face, wiping off the make up.

“I’m sorry Scarlet, but you know I have to...” she apologized when she saw the stern look on my face. I shrugged and close my eyes, letting her work her magic. I had no idea how long I sat on this chair, all I knew is that I couldn’t see my reflection since Jenny had turned the chair and was now working on my hair.

“Do you have any idea what you are going to wear today?” asked Jenny.

“No idea, did you see the dresses?” I asked.

“Oh yeah I did. I’m sure you’ll love it!” she said before spinning the chair I was sitting on and looking at me.

“Gorgeous, as always!” she beamed.

“That’s because you are an artist!” I replied, winking at her and getting up.

“Scar!”

I turned around and saw Jess waving at me. I raised an eyebrow as she ran to me.

“The guys are here!” she beamed and my jaw drop.

“You mean...” I started in a whisper. She nodded a big smile on her face and I sighed, heading to the dressing room.

Like it wasn’t hard enough...
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks a lot for the comments on the last chapter =]