Status: Completed.

You Talk Like You're Famous, You're Shameless.

Chapter 6.

Much to my surprise, I found myself wearing a wedding dress. I had to lift the front a little so I wouldn’t step on it. With a few other models wearing bridesmaid dresses, we were posing on a bridge in the park. I had to admit, the dress was amazing. And the photograph was one of the best.

It amazed me how every time we were having a photo shoot somewhere, people were gathering around us, trying to catch a glimpse of the models, the dresses and all that. It was nothing spectacular for me, but that was probably because I was drowning in that world. A world made of strass, gloss and fake implant. You know, there is “Sex, Drugs and Rock’n’roll” and my world was made of “Fakeness, Champagne and prostitution.” Yes, prostitution, I mean, how do you expect some of those girls to get contracts... They only have the kind of contracts that are signed in a bedroom with an old, bald, rich man. As sad as it may sound, it’s the truth. Or maybe that’s just my view on things.

“Scarlet, over here!” I turned my head and waved at Jess, making my way towards her while being careful not to trip on the dress.

“Wow.” Was their acknowledgement to my presence. I smiled.

“Scarlet, you, I... oh wow.” I patted Matt’s shoulder.

“Lost for words huh Matty?” I chuckled at their expressions. Before I hugged each of the guys.

“Long time not see huh?” I said with a small smile as I stood in front of them.

“I thought you were on a photo shoot in Spain?” asked Brian, tilting his head to the side, his gaze not leaving my face.

“Yeah, your friend Carla told us that when we asked Jess where you were yesterday.” Explained Johnny.

“Oh you met Carla already? That’s nice.” I said with a nod, smiling. If you’re wondering, acting is my second job, along with modelling. “Yeah, I was in Spain, actually I just land this morning.” I explained.

“You don’t look tired, or sleep deprived or anything...” whispered Jimmy, staring at my face. I laughed.

“I’ll take that as a compliment Jimmy, but I’m used to being insomniac and the reason why you can’t see a thing is because of the huge amount of make up on my face.” I replied with a small smile.

They made a face.

“I’m sorry I burst your bubble guys, but that’s how it works here. That’s why most of the models are junkies and no one noticed it until you take off the make up and the really expensive dresses.” I said nodding to myself. “Anyway, enough talking about me, what are you guys doing in the big apple?”

“We have a couple of shows in the area and we wanted to stop by.” Said Matt, tightening his grip around Jess’ shoulder.

“That’s great, I take you make it big huh?” I said with a smile, as I looked at my old friends and ex boyfriend. Zacky had stayed rather quiet, in fact I hadn’t heard his voice since he came here. Quiet different from the Zacky I had talked to the night before. He looked up from his shoes and his emerald eyes met my blue ones. But he quickly looked away.

“If you weren’t dress in that white expensive dress and everything I would have tackled you to the ground in a hug.” Said Jimmy, swinging his arm around my shoulder. I laughed.

“Try that Jimmy and you will have a dozen persons running after you, threatening you with several weird instruments.” I explained, shaking my head.

“Scarlet! You need to change, there are a few more photos to take!” Called Brent, waving at me. I sighed.

“Crap! Well guys, feel free to wander here or go back to your hotel or whatever...” I trailed off, keeping my eyes on Zack, but he ignored me.

“Actually, we wanted to stay here and wait for you to finish with the photo shoot and maybe spend the rest of the day all together?” asked Matt, before kissing Jess’ temple.

“Sure, let’s do that!” I agreed, nodding. “You can go and drink or eat something over at the buffet that must be somewhere over there. Just tell them you’re my friend, I think they will recognize Jess. But I really need to go now, walking in those heels isn’t easy.” I explained, rolling my eyes. I waved at them and then headed back to the tent.

**

It was weird to see big tattooed guys wandering around the set, but I guess they were happy seeing pretty girls everywhere. Well, Jess wasn’t that happy seeing those girls winking at Matt and showing off their white perfect teeth. But at least they seem to enjoy themselves.

“Okay, turn around.” Ordered Brent. I did as I was told and I felt something on my hair. A crown. I rolled my eyes and looked down at the dress I was wearing. I looked like a princess, thanks God you can’t die for looking ridiculous, otherwise I would be six feet under.

“Seriously, why?” I mumbled, looking up at the white ceiling of the tent.

“Stop that Scarlet, you know you look breathtaking!” assured Brent, kissing my cheek.

“That’s not the problem Brent.” I mumbled with a sigh. “It’s just... Once the little girls will see those photos, they will want to become like me. They have no idea what it’s like to be model. They don’t know what’s hidden behind the fame.” I muttered, touching the crown on my head, shaking my head. Brent stayed silent, he was used to my sudden change of mood every once in a while. I sighed and straightened up the dress.

“Here we go...” I whispered as I held the front of the dress and started to walk out of the tent. As always, several younger models that had just been hired stopped what they were doing to look at me as I walked by. It was weird. For some reasons, I had always hated it when people were watching me, too bad I’m a model and an actress now, huh? I felt so stupid in that dress, I was surprised no one was laughing yet. And a crown? I mean a fucking crown! I just wanted to rip it off my head and stomp on it.

I kept walking until I reach the set. From the corner of my eyes I noticed Brian taping on Zack’s shoulder. I waited a moment, expecting them to burst out laughing, but the only thing that happened was Zacky dropping his piece of cake, his eyes wide. I looked at them and smiled, waving just as I saw a flash. I frowned and turned to look around me, expecting paparazzis, but there was only Jack, the photographer, smiling at me.

“What the hell was that?” I asked, “You didn’t gave any instructions, I had no idea we were starting now.”

“We aren’t, you just looked cute like that. I’m sure this photo will be awesome.” He stated.

I rolled my eyes but added nothing, he was the professional here, not me. He pointed to the nearest oak tree.

“Stand there.” He ordered. I knew the photo shoot was starting now.

I stand where he asked me, looking at Jess and the guys. I was waiting for instructions when suddenly I felt something on my shoulder. I frowned and wiped it off. It fell to the ground. I shrugged and waited some more until more things started to fall and the ground I was staying on started to be covered in white tinny little things. Fake snow. Now I knew what to do. I opened my arms wider and looked up at the tree.

“That’s it!” shouted Jack as I heard the flashes starting. Then I started twirling around, still looking up, my eyes closed. And it went like for a few more minutes, Jack giving instructions and me obeying.

“That was great Scarlet.” Said Jack as I walked away from the tree, wiping the fake snow off my shoulders. “You know you are my favourite model to work with?” he asked, kissing my cheek. I rolled my eyes playfully.

“You say that to every one.” I retorted with a smile.

“Is it over now?” I asked, as Emily walked over to me.

“Yes, you’re done now. Do you want to have lunch with me and the girls?” she asked, pointing to a group of giggling girls who were drooling over Matt and the guys.

“No thanks, I already have plans.” I explained. She nodded, pouting. I simply smiled apologetically and headed back to the tent to get changed in normal clothes. With Brent and Jenny’s help I was quickly back to normal and Jenny even took the time to do my make-up just the way I did it before the photo shoot. I thanked her, hugging her and Brent before I grabbed my purse and walked out of the tent. I waved at everyone and speed up to the buffet where Jess was talking with Brian and Matt.

“And here she is!” beamed Jimmy, swinging his arm around my shoulder and bringing me closer to him, squeezing me to his chest. Where did he come from?

“Jim’ you know I love you and all that jazz but please let me breath again.” I mumbled against his T-shirt. He chuckled and let me go.

“Has anyone told you when we’ll be able to see the photos?” asked Johnny, his eyes shining bright. I chuckled and ruffled his hair.

“Little Johnny boy, you’ll be long gone when I’ll see the photos.” I explained with a smile.

“You so have to send us at least one!” said Jimmy, pointing an accusing finger in my direction. I raised my hands in surrender.

“What are you going to do with it?” asked Jess. And they all turned to look at her with a wicked smirk.

“I don’t wanna know!” she yelled, covering her ears with her hands while closing her eyes. Matt chuckled and kissed her cheek.

I hit Jimmy’s shoulder.

“You wouldn’t do that!” I muttered, glaring at him. He just smiled brightly in return.

I rolled my eyes.

“You can trust me Scarlet, you know I’m not like those assholes!” said Brian, swinging his arm around my shoulder. I raised an eyebrow.

“Oh sure you’re not...” I said, smiling at him. “You’re worst!” I added, patting his hand. He retracted his arm and stuck his tongue out at me.

“Oh yeah, really mature Brian.” Said Johnny, which earned him to be smacked on the back of the head by Brian.

“Guys, guys, guys! Calm down for a minute and let’s go eat okay?” I said, adjusting my purse and pointing towards the gates. They all nodded and we left the set. I walked slower than them so I was walking next to Zack.

“Are you okay Zacky? You’ve been really quiet.” I asked him, looking at him as he looked up from the ground and his gaze met mine.

“I still haven’t forgiven you...” he said, his eyes burning into mine. I drop my gaze, shifted my purse a little and quicken my pace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda long, but it had to be =]
If I offended anyone with Scarlet's opinion about modelling and everything, my apologizes.
Hope you like it, and don't worry the whole thing with Zacky will be explained later on =)
As always, thank you for your comments on the previous chapter!