Status: Completed.

You Talk Like You're Famous, You're Shameless.

Chapter 7.

“Goddamn papparazzis.” I muttered as I walked into the restaurant, followed by Jess and the guys.

“Do they follow you everywhere?” asked Brian.

“Unfortunately, they do.” I mumbled, looking around the restaurant.

“Can we have a table for 7 please?” asked Matt the waiter.

“I’m sorry Sir, you will have to wait.” He said. I saw Matt clenched his fists as the waiter wasn’t even looking at him. I put a hand on his shoulder and took off my sunglasses.

“Excuse me sir, my friend here just asked for a table.” I said.

“And I told him to wa-...” he stopped midtrack when he lifted his gaze and saw me. I gave him my best fake smile and he got up from his sit.

“Excuse me Ma’am, I had no idea he was with you.” He apologized over and over again as he led to a table at the back, away from everyone else.

“That’s fine.” I said, smiling at him as he pulled out a chair for me and then went to do the same for Jess but stopped when Matt glared at him.

The waiter excused himself and ran off. I laughed.

“How did you do that?” asked Johnny, his eyes wide.

“Do what?” I asked, putting my sunglasses back in my purse.

“You just smiled and suddenly there was a table.”

“I did what?” I asked, raising an eyebrow as I exchanged an amused glance with Jess.

“You just smile, like this.” He said and smiled, to illustrate what he was saying, “and the guy was wrapped around you finger.”

We all laughed at Johnny’s attempt to imitate me.

“Well, I’m a poor defenceless woman, I must have a secret weapon, don’t you think?”

“Well, yeah maybe...” he trailed off as I smiled my trademark smile.

“It’s the same with you guys when you play I guess...” I remembered to add the ‘guess’ at the end of my sentence because I wasn’t supposed to have seen them. But I did and you just had to take a look at the crowd to prove my point. I saw a few persons in the crowd last night who were completely fascinated by Brian’s solos.

“Well, the people who appreciate our stuff ask us for photos and to sign autographs. We don’t have papparrazzis following us around.” Said Matt.

“Maybe that’s because we don’t have boobs.” Said Johnny and once again, we all laughed at him. “No I’m serious! It’s mostly girls who are followed by papparrazzis and most papparrazzis are guys!” he said.

“How do you know that?” asked Jess, leaning on Matt’s shoulder.

“I read stuff...” he mumbled, looking away.

“What kind of stuff?” asked Zack, eyeing his band mate suspiciously.

“The magazines you keep under your mattress in the bus.” He said with an evil smile. Zack pursed his lips, glaring at Johnny and we all fell silent. Obviously, the guys knew what they were talking about.

I saw Jess about to open her mouth to ask what kind of magazines it was but Matt distracted her... I made a face, and sighed in relief as the waiter came back with the menus.

“I’ll be back in a few minutes to take your orders” he said, looking at me. I smiled and he blushed, once again walking away from our table in a hurry.

“You so have to teach me how to do that!” said Jess.

“Sure, I’ll teach you.” I assured her, winking at her before taking a look at the menu. Just at moment, my phone went off.

“Crap...” I muttered as I took a look at the caller ID.

“Justin?” asked Jess. I nodded and excused myself, taking the call and heading outside of the restaurant. The waiter starred at me, his eyes wide but I shook my head, pointing at the phone.

“Yes?”

“Where are you?”

“I’m having lunch with a couple of old friends from high school.” I explained, not feeling the need to go into details.

“Okay, when are you coming home?”

“No idea.” I replied truthfully. “I hadn’t seen them in a while.” I added.

“Well, call you when you are on your way.”

“I’ll do that. I’ll talk to you later. Bye.” And I hung up heading back inside.

“Seriously dude, you need to cut her some slag or something... What’s the problem anyway?” asked Brian, looking at Zacky.

“She left us, just like that.” He said, snapping his fingers, “and you guys still act like we are all best friends. Haven’t you read what they say about her? She’s been elected actress and model of the year. It’s a miracle if she’s still talking to us and doesn’t treat us like a piece of crap underneath her shoes. Everyone is wrapped around her finger...”

“Do not talk about my best friend like that Zachary.” Snapped Jess, glaring at him. “And stop acting like a victim here, she has always supported you and the band, she had the right to live her dreams, didn’t she? It’s not my fault if you can’t accept it and can’t move on. It is Scarlet we are talking about not some random girl. We grew up together, we did everything together and you were her boyfriend! Yes she is famous now, and so are you! Does it mean that you treat all your older friends like shit? No you don’t. Why do you expect Scarlet to be like that then? She’s not different from the girl we grew up with! Just get that through you skull, okay? And stop acting like a spoilt brat.” Jess got up. “I need a smoke.” She said and left the table. I hide behind a pillar and caught up with her once she was out.

“Was that really necessary?” I asked, looking at her as she lighted up the cancer stick.

“I’m sick of him. Okay, you might not be exactly like who you were back in high school, but deep inside I know the real Scarlet is still here.” She said, before taking a drag and blowing out the smoke.

“Don’t start Jess, please.” I mumbled, rubbing my forehead.

“You aren’t making any effort!” she reproached me. I rolled my eyes and ignored her comment. We stayed silent the time for Jess to smoke her cigarette before we both headed back into the restaurant.

I took my sit between Jimmy and Brian, with Jess sitting opposite me with Zacky at her right, and Matt sitting at her left.

“So tell us Scarlet, what’s its like to be a model and an actress?” asked Brian, swinging his arm around my shoulder.

“It’s great.” I said nodding. “You got the chance to wear very expensive and beautiful dresses, you have free make-up and stuff from the publicity you did. Everyone know your name, you can’t go anywhere without being followed by papparazzis, your name is written in every gossip magazines. You are adored by thousands of people and you don’t even understand why.” I said, with a dull expression on my face.

“How do you managed to stay so ‘normal’?” asked Matt, glancing at Zacky.

I laughed.
“Your job is to be sexy on stage and to rock thousands of people. My job is to be fake and make people dream they were in my place. Some persons just forget how to stop faking and that’s how most of the models and actresses around here are fake. I never forgot where I came from and the persons I grew up with.” I replied, my eyes glued on Zacky as he kept starring at me.

“You sure as hell are a good actress then!” he muttered, glaring at me. “You sure know how to ignore people and maybe you don’t know how to use a goddamn phone?”

“Think whatever you want Zachary.” I mumbled, picking up my purse, getting up and pushing my chair against the table. “I’m not staying around you guys if you can’t understand that I’m still like the Scarlet I was back in high school. Yes, my job makes me look like a fake but I’m not and I worked hard to be where I am now, sorry if it bothers you!” I said before turning on my heels and heading out of the restaurant, not even speaking to the server whose jaw hit the floor when I left.
♠ ♠ ♠
That was to be expected =]
Thank you all for your comments on the last chapter!